Voice of Reason

Senate has uncovered no direct evidence of conspiracy between Trump campaign and Russia

34 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
12 hours ago, refugee said:

No , but oddly at the hub of these folks . Just bad luck in picking friends, lawyers and campaign officials I suppose. 

Do you feel that your reputation should be tarnished if your friends and family do something wrong/illegal/immoral?  What if your kids do drugs?  Are you guilty of doing something illegal?

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
22 hours ago, jg121783 said:

Funny that chart doesn't show the outcome for the thirteen Russian nationals. In case you didn't know they showed up for court much to Mueller's surprise, made him look like a moron and demanded discovery which Mueller fought tooth and nail. The bigger question is what does any of it have to do with Trump and the non existent non crime of Russian collusion?

The Russians cannot be tried in absentia. Putin is not going to let them come to the west to defend themselves,  they are his intelligence operatives. But Putin denies it, strongly,  so I guess that settles it.

What does the convictions of his campaign officers have to do with Trump? Can you honestly say that if you replace Hillary Clinton for Donald Trump you would not be screaming collusion?  

I cannot calculate the curve and complete the figure by the experience of sight; I can divine it by conscience. But from what I see I am sure it bends towards justice -Theodore Parker

Timeline
9 hours ago, ALFKAD said:

Do you feel that your reputation should be tarnished if your friends and family do something wrong/illegal/immoral?  What if your kids do drugs?  Are you guilty of doing something illegal?

I just said bad luck, really bad luck, all correlating with the intervention of Russia in his behalf....totally bad luck.

I cannot calculate the curve and complete the figure by the experience of sight; I can divine it by conscience. But from what I see I am sure it bends towards justice -Theodore Parker

Timeline
10 hours ago, TBoneTX said:

Didn't anyone's automobile insurer sell them collusion insurance?

That is a pun, backwards,  anup. That is anup.

Timeline
17 hours ago, Bill & Katya said:

You do realize that the FBI and DOJ can pretty much create a process crime against anyone if they want.  Heck, if they had actually interviewed Hillary properly back in 2016, she could have been prosecuted for lying to the FBI.  So in the end, what you posted was simply an example of the political bias that is in the DOJ.

Conspiracy,  fraud, bank fraud, wire fraud, tax evasion. ..are those process crimes?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
7 hours ago, refugee said:

The Russians cannot be tried in absentia. Putin is not going to let them come to the west to defend themselves,  they are his intelligence operatives. But Putin denies it, strongly,  so I guess that settles it.

What does the convictions of his campaign officers have to do with Trump? Can you honestly say that if you replace Hillary Clinton for Donald Trump you would not be screaming collusion?  

Actually folks get tried in abstensia all the time.  Besides the Russians indicted are represented by legal counsel.

6 hours ago, refugee said:

Conspiracy,  fraud, bank fraud, wire fraud, tax evasion. ..are those process crimes?

4 of the eight on your list plead guilty of lying to the FBI which is a process crime.  Also wondering just who Richard Pinedo is?

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
20 hours ago, Bill & Katya said:

wondering just who Richard Pinedo is?

One of the Russians with whom collusion was committed.  :bonk: 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

1selfh.jpg

🇷🇺 CR-1 via DCF (Dec 2016-Jun 2017) & I-751 ROC (Apr 2019-Oct 2019)🌹

Spoiler

Info about my DCF Moscow* experience here and here

26-Jul-2016: Married abroad in Russia 👩‍❤️‍👨 See guide here
21-Dec-2016: I-130 filed at Moscow USCIS field office*
29-Dec-2016: I-130 approved! Yay! 🎊 

17-Jan-2017: Case number received

21-Mar-2017: Medical Exam completed

24-Mar-2017: Interview at Embassy - approved! 🎉

29-Mar-2017: CR-1 Visa received (via mail)

02-Apr-2017: USCIS Immigrant (GC) Fee paid

28-Jun-2017: Port of Entry @ PDX 🛩️

21-Jul-2017: No SSN after three weeks; applied in person at the SSA

22-Jul-2017: GC arrived in the mail 📬

31-Jul-2017: SSN arrived via mail, hurrah!

*NOTE: The USCIS Field Office in Moscow is now CLOSED as of February 28th, 2019.

Removal of Conditions - MSC Service Center

28-Jun-2019: Conditional GC expires

30-Mar-2019: Eligible to apply for ROC

01-Apr-2019: ROC in the mail to Phoenix AZ lockbox! 📫

03-Apr-2019: ROC packet delivered to lockbox

09-Apr-2019: USCIS cashed check

09-Apr-2019: Case number received via text - MSC 📲

12-Apr-2019: Extension letter arrives via mail

19-Apr-2019: Biometrics letter arrives via mail

30-Apr-2019: Biometrics appointment at local office

26-Jun-2019: Case ready to be scheduled for interview 

04-Sep-2019: Interview was scheduled - letter to arrive in mail

09-Sep-2019: Interview letter arrived in the mail! ✉️

17-Oct-2019: Interview scheduled @ local USCIS  

18-Oct-2019: Interview cancelled & notice ordered*

18-Oct-2019: Case was approved! 🎉

22-Oct-2019: Card was mailed to me 📨

23-Oct-2019: Card was picked by USPS 

25-Oct-2019: 10 year GC Card received in mail 📬

*I don't understand this status because we DID have an interview!

🇺🇸 N-400 Application for Naturalization (Apr 2020-Jun 2021) 🛂

Spoiler

Filed during Covid-19 & moved states 1 month after filing

30-Mar-2020: N-400 early filing window opens!

01-Apr-2020: Filed N-400 online 💻 

02-Apr-2020: NOA 1 - Receipt No. received online 📃

07-Apr-2020: NOA 1 - Receipt No. received via mail

05-May-2020: Moved to another state, filed AR-11 online

05-May-2020: Application transferred to another USCIS field office for review ➡️

15-May-2020: AR-11 request to change address completed

16-Jul-2020: Filed non-receipt inquiry due to never getting confirmation that case was transferred to new field office

15-Oct-2020: Received generic response to non-receipt inquiry, see full response here

10-Feb-2021: Contacted senator's office for help with USCIS

12-Feb-2021: Received canned response from senator's office that case is within processing time 😡

16-Feb-2021: Contacted other senator's office for help with USCIS - still no biometrics

19-Feb-2021: Biometrics reuse notice - canned response from other senator's office 🌐

23-Feb-2021: Interview scheduled - notice to come in the mail

25-Feb-2021: Biometrics reuse notice arrives via mail

01-Mar-2021: Interview notice letter arrives via mail  ✉️ 

29-Mar-2021: Passed interview at local office! Oath Ceremony to be scheduled

13-Apr-2021: Oath Ceremony notice was mailed

04-May-2021: Oath Ceremony scheduled 🎆 Unable to attend due to illness

04-May-2021: Mailed request to reschedule Oath to local office

05-May-2021: "You did not attend your Oath Ceremony" - notice to come in the mail

06-May-2021: Oath Ceremony will be scheduled, date TBA

12-May-2021: Oath Ceremony re-scheduled for June 3rd, then de-scheduled same day 😡 

25-May-2021: New Oath Ceremony notice was mailed

16-Jun-2021: Oath Ceremony scheduled 🎆 - DONE!!

17-Jun-2021: Certificate of Naturalization issued

🎆 Members new and old: don't forget to fill in your VJ timeline! 🎇 https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

Timeline
2 hours ago, millefleur said:

1selfh.jpg

You know, I am studying this picture and I am not happy with the alignment of the lower anterior teeth.....

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 10:29 PM, refugee said:

On ‎2‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 6:03 AM, Bill & Katya said:

Actually folks get tried in abstensia all the time.  Besides the Russians indicted are represented by legal counsel.

4 of the eight on your list plead guilty of lying to the FBI which is a process crime.  Also wondering just who Richard Pinedo is?

I was about to say on this as well is that people do get tried and convicted all the time. It seems that if the defendants are there initially during preliminary hearings but do not show up later they can be found tried in absentia in federal court. So since the defendant's lawyer was there initially that counts as them being there in person. I went digging and found this nugget as well:

CROSBY v. UNITED STATES(1993)

No. 91-6194

Argued: November 9, 1992    Decided: January 13, 1993

Although petitioner Crosby attended various preliminary proceedings, he failed to appear at the beginning of his criminal trial. The Federal District Court permitted the proceedings to go forward in his absence, and he was convicted and subsequently arrested and sentenced. In affirming his convictions, the Court of Appeals rejected his argument that his trial was prohibited by Federal Rule of Criminal Procedure 43, which provides that a defendant must be present at every stage of trial "except as otherwise provided" by the Rule, and which lists situations in which a right to be present may be waived, including when a defendant, initially present, "is voluntarily absent after the trial has commenced."

Held:

Rule 43 prohibits the trial in absentia of a defendant who is not present at the beginning of trial. The Rule's express use of the limiting phrase "except as otherwise provided" clearly indicates that the list of situations in which the trial may proceed without the defendant is exclusive. Moreover, the Rule is a restatement of the law that existed at the time it was adopted in 1944. Its distinction between flight before and during trial also is rational, as it marks a point at which the costs of delaying a trial are likely to increase; helps to assure that any waiver is knowing and voluntary; and deprives the defendant of the option of terminating the trial if it seems that the verdict will go against him. Because Rule 43 is dispositive, Crosby's claim that the Constitution also prohibited his trial in absentia is not reached. Pp. 258-262.

On ‎2‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 6:03 AM, Bill & Katya said:

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 10:29 PM, refugee said:

https://www.law.cornell.edu/rules/frcrmp/rule_43

Rule 43. Defendant's Presence

(a) When Required. Unless this rule, Rule 5, or Rule 10 provides otherwise, the defendant must be present at:

(1) the initial appearance, the initial arraignment, and the plea;

(2) every trial stage, including jury impanelment and the return of the verdict; and

(3) sentencing.

(b) When Not Required. A defendant need not be present under any of the following circumstances:

(1) Organizational Defendant. The defendant is an organization represented by counsel who is present.

(2) Misdemeanor Offense. The offense is punishable by fine or by imprisonment for not more than one year, or both, and with the defendant's written consent, the court permits arraignment, plea, trial, and sentencing to occur by video teleconferencing or in the defendant's absence.

(3) Conference or Hearing on a Legal Question. The proceeding involves only a conference or hearing on a question of law.

(4) Sentence Correction. The proceeding involves the correction or reduction of sentence under Rule 35 or 18 U.S.C. §3582 (c).

(c) Waiving Continued Presence.

(1) In General. A defendant who was initially present at trial, or who had pleaded guilty or nolo contendere, waives the right to be present under the following circumstances:

(A) when the defendant is voluntarily absent after the trial has begun, regardless of whether the court informed the defendant of an obligation to remain during trial;

(B) in a noncapital case, when the defendant is voluntarily absent during sentencing; or

(C) when the court warns the defendant that it will remove the defendant from the courtroom for disruptive behavior, but the defendant persists in conduct that justifies removal from the courtroom.

(2) Waiver's Effect. If the defendant waives the right to be present, the trial may proceed to completion, including the verdict's return and sentencing, during the defendant's absence.

Timeline
On 2/14/2019 at 3:03 AM, Bill & Katya said:

I have not heard of folks getting tried in absentia,  unless they are a corporation. 

Richard Pinedo was just an innocent small time seller of fraudulent and stolen identification. ..too bad for him he sold them to these innocent russian technicians that just wanted to make a career in Americas political online  advertising industry. Such zeal to take down innocents will surely be the downfall of many in this country.

Edited by refugee

Timeline
2 hours ago, refugee said:

I have not heard of folks getting tried in absentia,  unless they are a corporation. 

Richard Pinedo was just an innocent small time seller of fraudulent and stolen identification. ..too bad for him he sold them to these innocent russian technicians that just wanted to make a career in Americas political online  advertising industry. Such zeal to take down innocents will surely be the downfall of many in this country.

So what you are saying is that everyone should be against illegal immigration?  Btw, you chart did not detail all that, but if this guy was trafficking in fraudulent identification, then he along with anyone that provides any illegal alien with fraudulent documents should be fully prosecuted.  Not really sure what that has to do with President Trump unless you still believe the Trump/Russian collusion narrative.

Edited by Bill & Katya

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Timeline
6 hours ago, Bill & Katya said:

So what you are saying is that everyone should be against illegal immigration?  Btw, you chart did not detail all that, but if this guy was trafficking in fraudulent identification, then he along with anyone that provides any illegal alien with fraudulent documents should be fully prosecuted.  Not really sure what that has to do with President Trump unless you still believe the Trump/Russian collusion narrative.

What does illegal immigration have to do with the accused and convicted criminals? Unless you are bringing up the illegal immigrants that built and supported the Trump golf courses.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline
On 2/12/2019 at 7:44 PM, ALFKAD said:

So these people are just incompetent, then? Trump sure knows how to pick the best people. 

Oct 19, 2010 I-130 application submitted to US Embassy Seoul, South Korea

Oct 22, 2010 I-130 application approved

Oct 22, 2010 packet 3 received via email

Nov 15, 2010 DS-230 part 1 faxed to US Embassy Seoul

Nov 15, 2010 Appointment for visa interview made on-line

Nov 16, 2010 Confirmation of appointment received via email

Dec 13, 2010 Interview date

Dec 15, 2010 CR-1 received via courier

Mar 29, 2011 POE Detroit Michigan

Feb 15, 2012 Change of address via telephone

Jan 10, 2013 I-751 packet mailed to Vermont Service CenterJan 15, 2013 NOA1

Jan 31, 2013 Biometrics appointment letter received