Kristi&Luigi

February 2019 - AOS Filers!!!

701 posts in this topic

Thank you.

Can anyone tell me where I can find my USCIS online account number?  I am not sure I have one??? I have an account to monitor my cases using this url:  https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do 

However that does not give me any kind of account number.  Should I just leave this question blank on the i-765?

event.png

K1

NOA1: May 10th 2018

NOA2: October 30th 2018

NVC Received: November 30th 2018

Embassy Received: December 27th 2018

Medical: January 14th 2019

Interview: January 22nd 2019 (Approved subject to medical approval), Medical approved and sent to the embassy: 24th January 2019

Visa in Hand: February 1st 2019

AOS / EAD / AP + OTHER NOTABLE EVENTS (WHICH MAY BE USEFUL TO KNOW)

POE: New York (JFK) February 6th 2019

SSN: Applied in SS Office on February 7th (New Haven)

Wedding: February 14th ❤

SSN Card received: February 20th

Marriage certificate received: February 21st, Passed Driving test theory (CT): February 21st, Opened first bank account (CT): February 21st

Attended 8 hour driver safety course (CT): February 23rd

AOS / AP / EAD sent: March 7th, 2019

AOS / AP / EAD received: March 9th, 2019

AOS / AP / EAD payment taken: March 25th, 2019

Driving Road Test: March 29th, 2019 (Passed)

NOA1: All received by mail: April 2nd, 2019

Biometrics Appointment: April 19th, 2019 (Hartford, CT) - Good Friday

Telephone Request to Expedite I-131: May 31st, 2019 (Financial Loss)

Email from USCIS requesting info: June 6th, 2019, Information faxed: June 6th, 2019

Telephone Request to Expedite I-765: July 2nd, 2019

CARD IN PRODUCTION - YIPPPPEEEEEE July 3rd, 2019. Hallelujah! lol

EAD/AP Combo card received: July 8th, 2019.

AOS Interview (Hartford): December 4th, 2019, AOS Approval: December 5th, 2019 (Text / online notification)

Greencard Received: December 12, 2019

FROM K1 NOA1 to GREEN CARD IN HAND: 581 DAYS (1 YEAR, 7 MONTHS AND 2 DAYS).

Here we go again on the crazy USCIS train! 

I751 Application filed 6th September, 2021

24 month extension letter received

N400 Application filed online 6th September, 2022

28th February, 2023 : 48 month extension letter received

13th March: N400 updated to 'Interview was Scheduled'

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
1 minute ago, DJClaire said:

Thank you.

Can anyone tell me where I can find my USCIS online account number?  I am not sure I have one??? I have an account to monitor my cases using this url:  https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do 

However that does not give me any kind of account number.  Should I just leave this question blank on the i-765?

I don’t have a USCIS account number, so I left it blank on the forms. As far as I know if you registered on their website, and use your login and password to monitor your cases, you definitely have an account number. Sorry I’m not sure where to look for it. 

12 minutes ago, Panda & Bear said:

I don’t have a USCIS account number, so I left it blank on the forms. As far as I know if you registered on their website, and use your login and password to monitor your cases, you definitely have an account number. Sorry I’m not sure where to look for it. 

No worries, I will leave it blank. Thank for your help. I have a few last questions before photocopying everything and sending it off.

AOS / EAD / AP QUESTIONS

1)      Do I need to also complete and include the G1450, if I wish to pay the $1225 fee by credit card?

2)      On the i765 EAD form, just to make sure Q.27, what code do I put in there? I am a K1 visa holder, who has just married. There are three boxes but I think I am a C 9. Can anyone confirm?

3)      Q24a on the i864. Is it optional to write in the figures for the last three years of tax returns? I have ticked to say I have attached just the most recent year.

So close to getting rid of this mountain of paperwork for a while! 😉

event.png

K1

NOA1: May 10th 2018

NOA2: October 30th 2018

NVC Received: November 30th 2018

Embassy Received: December 27th 2018

Medical: January 14th 2019

Interview: January 22nd 2019 (Approved subject to medical approval), Medical approved and sent to the embassy: 24th January 2019

Visa in Hand: February 1st 2019

AOS / EAD / AP + OTHER NOTABLE EVENTS (WHICH MAY BE USEFUL TO KNOW)

POE: New York (JFK) February 6th 2019

SSN: Applied in SS Office on February 7th (New Haven)

Wedding: February 14th ❤

SSN Card received: February 20th

Marriage certificate received: February 21st, Passed Driving test theory (CT): February 21st, Opened first bank account (CT): February 21st

Attended 8 hour driver safety course (CT): February 23rd

AOS / AP / EAD sent: March 7th, 2019

AOS / AP / EAD received: March 9th, 2019

AOS / AP / EAD payment taken: March 25th, 2019

Driving Road Test: March 29th, 2019 (Passed)

NOA1: All received by mail: April 2nd, 2019

Biometrics Appointment: April 19th, 2019 (Hartford, CT) - Good Friday

Telephone Request to Expedite I-131: May 31st, 2019 (Financial Loss)

Email from USCIS requesting info: June 6th, 2019, Information faxed: June 6th, 2019

Telephone Request to Expedite I-765: July 2nd, 2019

CARD IN PRODUCTION - YIPPPPEEEEEE July 3rd, 2019. Hallelujah! lol

EAD/AP Combo card received: July 8th, 2019.

AOS Interview (Hartford): December 4th, 2019, AOS Approval: December 5th, 2019 (Text / online notification)

Greencard Received: December 12, 2019

FROM K1 NOA1 to GREEN CARD IN HAND: 581 DAYS (1 YEAR, 7 MONTHS AND 2 DAYS).

Here we go again on the crazy USCIS train! 

I751 Application filed 6th September, 2021

24 month extension letter received

N400 Application filed online 6th September, 2022

28th February, 2023 : 48 month extension letter received

13th March: N400 updated to 'Interview was Scheduled'

1 hour ago, DJClaire said:

Thank you.

Not an expert, but after looking into it a lot, I think this is the situation:

- simply registering for an online account does not create a USCIS online account number for you (which makes sense, technically any Internet user can create an account there)

- you get an USCIS online account number if/when you e-file an application (not all applications have a digital form), so you will most likely have one and use it if/when you apply for naturalization.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
35 minutes ago, DJClaire said:

No worries, I will leave it blank. Thank for your help. I have a few last questions before photocopying everything and sending it off.

AOS / EAD / AP QUESTIONS

1)      Do I need to also complete and include the G1450, if I wish to pay the $1225 fee by credit card?

2)      On the i765 EAD form, just to make sure Q.27, what code do I put in there? I am a K1 visa holder, who has just married. There are three boxes but I think I am a C 9. Can anyone confirm?

3)      Q24a on the i864. Is it optional to write in the figures for the last three years of tax returns? I have ticked to say I have attached just the most recent year.

So close to getting rid of this mountain of paperwork for a while! 😉

1. I paid with a check, so not sure about how it works with credit cards.

2. Yes, put C9 in the first two slots, leave the third blank.

3. Many people suggest to attach tax return for the last 3 years but it’s optionsl. I included just the recent one (which is 2017), cuz we applied for 2018 tax return today. USCIS will accept 2017 tax return papers till April 15, after that you have to attach 2018 tax return papers.

2 hours ago, DJClaire said:

Do I need to also complete and include the G1450, if I wish to pay the $1225 fee by credit card?

Yes. Include G-1450 to pay with a credit card or debit card.

1 hour ago, 854Turbo said:

- you get an USCIS online account number if/when you e-file an application (not all applications have a digital form), so you will most likely have one and use it if/when you apply for naturalization.

Also cases with receipt numbers starting with IOE get USCIS online account numbers: https://www.fickeymartinezlaw.com/immigration/what-does-a-uscis-receipt-number-msc-lin-src-eac-wac-ioe-mean/ Such as:

• I-90, Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card (can either be filed online or by mail)
  • N-400, Application for Naturalization (can either be filed online or by mail)
  • I-821, Application for Temporary Protected Status (can only be filed by mail)
  • I-821D, Consideration of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (can only be filed by mail)
  • etc

When the above forms are filed by mail USCIS sends an Access Code Notice:

account_access_notice.JPG

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

How far out do they schedule biometrics if you request a reschedule? Just sent the letter back today cause we will be out of town next week when it was originally scheduled.

54 minutes ago, jbpshsu said:

How far out do they schedule biometrics if you request a reschedule? Just sent the letter back today cause we will be out of town next week when it was originally scheduled.

Have you considered an early walk-in? https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/367977-thinking-of-early-walk-in-for-biometrics/?page=15 Some offices sometimes allow early walk-ins. A few even allow people from out of town to do biometrics.

1 hour ago, jbpshsu said:

It doesn't hurt to try a walk-in. Rescheduling - there are some horror stories out there, but at best I think you are looking at 1 month off (which delays your EAD and the entire processing)

Hey possibly some stupid questions but would rather be safe than sorry lol 

I-485 Pg 7 Part 5 Q.3 - how many times have you been married. This is my first marriage to do I put 1 or 0. 

On all forms - put N/A or blank for questions not relating to me 

Do we need to submit any evidence like we did in K1 such as photos etc? I know we need to submit W2s, marriage cert etc but wasn’t sure about evidence of a continued relationship 

Do we do one combined total on the credit card form for AOS and biometrics or 2 separate? 

I had my medical in November as part of my K1, what do I need to do with regards to the medical, is there anything on them I-693 that I need to complete? 

Might have more but I have almost finished the paperwork lol

Thanks! 

2 hours ago, Nicola and Jordan said:

On all forms - put N/A or blank for questions not relating to me

You will hear conflicting views on this. Their instructions say don't leave anything blank, but some questions clearly say "skip."

What I did, and what many others have also suggested, is put N/A in the first field of every block of questions that doesn't apply to you (for example, for Interpreter I put an N/A in the name field and left the following - address, phone, etc - blank; another N/A for Preparer)

27 minutes ago, 854Turbo said:

You will hear conflicting views on this. Their instructions say don't leave anything blank, but some questions clearly say "skip."

What I did, and what many others have also suggested, is put N/A in the first field of every block of questions that doesn't apply to you (for example, for Interpreter I put an N/A in the name field and left the following - address, phone, etc - blank; another N/A for Preparer)

Ok great thanks I have done the same as you :) 

6 hours ago, Nicola and Jordan said:

Do we do one combined total on the credit card form for AOS and biometrics or 2 separate?

Just use 1 G-1450 form to pay the $1225 total.

6 hours ago, Nicola and Jordan said:

I had my medical in November as part of my K1, what do I need to do with regards to the medical, is there anything on them I-693 that I need to complete?

If the DS-3025 is marked complete then just provide a photocopy of the DS-3025 in the AOS packet.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.