dwheels76

NVC Filers - February 2019

1,541 posts in this topic

Hi guys

I submitted an explanation for not filing taxes and wrote a comment in the Tax Transcript required document type to refer to the explanation statement in the additional documents section.

But NVC has sent a message saying they require the 2017 IRS transcript.

"Additional support documentation is required. Please upload and submit XXX's 2017 IRS transcript. A transcript can be obtained on the IRS's website: https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript. If a tax transcript was not required to be filed, submit an explanation for not filing."

Not sure what to do here because they accepted the statement for not filing taxes. Did anyone experience this also?

1252104721_ScreenShot2019-02-02at9_57_53AM.png.7d45400258d26dc32b14226802a01241.png

13 minutes ago, msrainyj said:

I'm going to follow you because I want to know the same thing.

I asked my husband today and he went to find out and was told it expires in 30 days. I’m thinking of just sending the one I have to NVC and just getting a new one before the interview. I won’t be uploading documents until the 14th. 

Did you get your case # yet? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
22 minutes ago, kalikala said:

Hi guys

I submitted an explanation for not filing taxes and wrote a comment in the Tax Transcript required document type to refer to the explanation statement in the additional documents section.

But NVC has sent a message saying they require the 2017 IRS transcript.

"Additional support documentation is required. Please upload and submit XXX's 2017 IRS transcript. A transcript can be obtained on the IRS's website: https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript. If a tax transcript was not required to be filed, submit an explanation for not filing."

Not sure what to do here because they accepted the statement for not filing taxes. Did anyone experience this also?

1252104721_ScreenShot2019-02-02at9_57_53AM.png.7d45400258d26dc32b14226802a01241.png

Upload a Joint Sponsors tax information. I’m guessing they want more of a tax history and if you can’t provide it, it’s best to get a joint sponsor, but call NVC late tonight to clarify. 

Edited by SM&RM

7 minutes ago, Jmariega said:

I asked my husband today and he went to find out and was told it expires in 30 days. I’m thinking of just sending the one I have to NVC and just getting a new one before the interview. I won’t be uploading documents until the 14th. 

Did you get your case # yet? 

No case number yet...my case was received 12-10 so I guess next week for me. Ok my friend...best of luck. What part of DR is he in?

Just now, SM&RM said:

Upload your Joint Sponsors tax information. 

I have uploaded joint sponsors tax returns for 2015, 2016, 2017 and all the 1099s. 

All of the joint sponsors documents have been accepted. 

Feeling really deflated about this!! 

Should i re-upload the explanation for not filing taxes?

Timeline
2 minutes ago, kalikala said:

I have uploaded joint sponsors tax returns for 2015, 2016, 2017 and all the 1099s. 

All of the joint sponsors documents have been accepted. 

Feeling really deflated about this!! 

Should i re-upload the explanation for not filing taxes?

That’s crazy. I would call NVC tonight and explain this to them. I can imagine how you are feeling, but this seems like a very simple fix that NVC can handle for you. 

Edited by SM&RM

3 hours ago, KG2015 said:

Hello everyone. Does NVC send a hard copy of the case number and Invoice ID#  or any other correspondences via postal mail? Or only via email? Tia

Hi, in my case we received email first then hard copy thru mail.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, kalikala said:

I know I’m so upset!! 

Ok good idea, thank you. 

Yw! Don’t get discouraged, this is obviously a mistake. You have provided more than enough financial documentation. 

1 hour ago, msrainyj said:

No case number yet...my case was received 12-10 so I guess next week for me. Ok my friend...best of luck. What part of DR is he in?

Yes any day for you! 

He is in San Pedro area. And your husband? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

Hello everyone! So I’ve called NVC and the told me that they have received my documents yesterday 1/31/2019. My case is not electronic so I had to send the docs in through regular mail. My question is how long will it take for case closed ? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bahamas
Timeline

For those who waiting for case number we have a new Whatsapp group and if you interested please inbox me your number to join thanks. 

Edited by nyokie

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bahamas
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Layanis J said:

Hello everyone! So I’ve called NVC and the told me that they have received my documents yesterday 1/31/2019. My case is not electronic so I had to send the docs in through regular mail. My question is how long will it take for case closed ? 

1-3 weeks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.