dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview March 2019

348 posts in this topic

Hi guys! I had my interview yesterday at US Embassy in Rio (Brazil) and the officer who interviewed told me I was fine and had been granted my immigrant visa and our passports would arrive at my mail within 10 days. Surprisingly, I just checked the visa status website right now and saw my case was undergoing administrative processing. How on earth is it possible? I bought my ticket earlier this morning to travel to the US next month and I am really afraid of wasting my money. Has anyone ever experienced something like that? How long this "administrative processing" usually takes? I am really freaking out! :(

19 minutes ago, NIWjunkie said:

Hi guys! I had my interview yesterday at US Embassy in Rio (Brazil) and the officer who interviewed told me I was fine and had been granted my immigrant visa and our passports would arrive at my mail within 10 days. Surprisingly, I just checked the visa status website right now and saw my case was undergoing administrative processing. How on earth is it possible? I bought my ticket earlier this morning to travel to the US next month and I am really afraid of wasting my money. Has anyone ever experienced something like that? How long this "administrative processing" usually takes? I am really freaking out! :(

It's quite normal for online status to be showing "administrative processing" until the visa is actually issued.

This could also mean an actual "administrative processing", as the verbal confirmation form the officer doesn't really mean anything. You just have to wait.

An airline ticket is easily refundable within 24 hours in most cases though.

USC, For spouse, April 02, YSC

3 minutes ago, suhridkhan said:

It's quite normal for online status to be showing "administrative processing" until the visa is actually issued.

This could also mean an actual "administrative processing", as the verbal confirmation form the officer doesn't really mean anything. You just have to wait.

An airline ticket is easily refundable within 24 hours in most cases though.

Thank you very much for your prompt response. In fact, now I am not sure if I should take the risk of losing my money and keep up with the tickets purchase (because it is an essentially important job trip) or cancel it and miss out my opportunity there. Really tough decision.

Filed: IR-2 Country: Ghana
Timeline
1 hour ago, NIWjunkie said:

Thank you very much for your prompt response. In fact, now I am not sure if I should take the risk of losing my money and keep up with the tickets purchase (because it is an essentially important job trip) or cancel it and miss out my opportunity there. Really tough decision.

It is advised to never buy your plane ticket until you have the visa in hand. If I were you and it's within 24 hours, I would cancel it. You never know the obsicles you could face although let's hope you dont

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
16 hours ago, Cam & Thomas said:

Our interview will be assigned by NVC.  Hopefully, it will be soon.  Patience, we will all be with our loved ones soon.

thank you , yes we need patience with this process, 

hope that everything goes well for all of us.

Where are the March interviews???  I called NVC today.  Spoke to a lady who sounded like she had something bad for lunch.  She said the are booking March interviews.  But, so far I have only seen one person who has gotten one.  Our case was complete on 1/22/2019. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 2/5/2019 at 7:38 PM, NIWjunkie said:

Don’t worry. Some country’s automatically put cases in AP after their interviews. It is like a second check. Email your Embassy for details. It could be just for a couple of days, don’t get to discouraged. 

35 minutes ago, SM&RM said:

Don’t worry. Some country’s automatically put cases in AP after their interviews. It is like a second check. Email your Embassy for details. It could be just for a couple of days, don’t get to discouraged. 

Yeah! Thanks, guys! I freaked out but it was all fine. 24h later they switched my case status to "Issued". I truly appreciate all support from people of this forum throughout this long journey. Hope everyone may hear good news ASAP as well. Good luck y'all. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.