Greenbaum

FEBRUARY 2019 K-1 NOA2 ----> NVC

2,103 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Swafford said:

Iryna's from Bila Tserkva about 45 minutes SW from Kyiv.  So you say that we do need to await receipt of the P3 (which I assume comes from the embassy)  before scheduling the embassy visit?  

I see other information that implies something about a 683 form that comes later in the process that may require more effort than a standard vaccination at Walgreens.... I don't know.  We were told that most vaccinations ran about 1500 UAH at the medical exam.  It seems the failsafe approach is to have at the exam.

You have two choices. First is to get your vaccinations done there in your country as they are usually cheaper. Second is not to vaccinations but you will need them once you start your AOS submittal. At that time you will need to see a "civil surgeon" for them to either administer your vaccinations or to transpose them to the I-693 for your AOS package. CS will charge you anywhere from $75 - $250 for this service. Either way you must have vaccinations to complete your AOS for the 2 year green card. If you get a DS-3025 from the medical exam with all vaccinations complete then you use it for the AOS package and the I-693 isn't required.

From the Form I-693 instructions (page 6-7):

"Even if a new medical examination is not required, you must still show proof that you complied with the vaccination requirements. If the vaccination record (DS 3025) was not properly completed and included as part of the original overseas medical examination report, you will have to have the Part 7. Vaccination Record completed by a designated civil surgeon. In this case, you must submit Parts 1., 2., 4., and 7. of Form I-693."

https://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/exams/ti/civil/vaccination-civil-technical-instructions.html#tbl1

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/vaccinations.html

https://www.uscis.gov/news/questions-and-answers/vaccination-requirements

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

5 hours ago, Swafford said:

As we all sit and wait.... I've just finished what is probably my 10th call to the NVC to find out they still haven't received my approved petition (WAC approved 2/1).  My confidence level throughout the process has been very low.  We submitted the petition in July and have had no requests for additional information but it still took until 2/1/19 to receive NOA2.  We have had everything completed since October other than the medical visit and payment for the visa processing ($265).  At first we were worried that the police certificate would "time out" but we later learned it was good for 12 months.  Now I'm just hoping that the 134 doesn't have a "time out" period as well. Good for a year.  I have updated a letter of intent dated 2/19 because I saw where that might be an issue. Letter of intent is not one of the documents required for the interview per the P3 letter from your embassy. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hqV9m0zmdOJ6fGFpuu46N_W4srguHI-w/view

I do have a few things I'm still unsure of:

1. As soon as the NVC generates a case number, can we go ahead and schedule the medical visit? I have not been able to locate any information that you can't schedule the interview and medical with just the case number. Nothing is stated in the P3. Maybe you will have better luck asking those from the Ukraine. Here is the link for the sub-forum for Russia/Ukraine  http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/98-russia-ukraine-and-Belarus/   Can we go ahead and schedule the embassy visit?  I've walked through the steps for the medical exam via email with the second option for locations and it seemed as though it would go very quickly.  They were ready to schedule the next day but needed the case number.  I also went on the website to schedule the embassy visit and noticed where the first available slot was only two days away.  This was encouraging but it made me wonder if I should schedule as soon as I received the case number or if I should wait?  NVC advises to wait until you've received a hard copy notification from the embassy but it seems all of their advice is ultra conservative as far as timelines etc. so I'm not sure if I put a lot of confidence in that requirement. Please give advice.  

2. It seems an unusually long time 2/1 -2/25 for the NVC to have still not received our case.  Last week NVC suggested I call USCIS back to check.  My first attendant said the system showed it had not been sent out yet and transferred me to a supervisor.  The supervisor said that this was unusual but not uncommon and put in a service request to check to see why it was not showing as having been sent to the NVC.  That afternoon I received an email back essentially just stating that it was "in transit".  As you can imagine, my confidence level is not very high as far as knowing that my petition isn't sitting in some dusty corner somewhere at the California service center, with my uncertainty growing each time I call the NVC only to hear they haven't received...

3.  Vaccinations - Iryna has one vaccination that she still needs.  Obviously we have several options here, one is to get before the medical exam, one is to get at the medical exam, and the last to get once in the US.  Does anyone have any advice here? See my earlier post about this topic above.

Good luck.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
2 hours ago, Swafford said:

Was the form you attached what she carried to the medical exam or what was compiled by the medical exam?  

The latter. They compiled that form based on her "amketa" records and handed it to her along with x-ray CD and sealed envelope for the embassy. Embassy by the way doesn't need or want that form. 

Timeline
50 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

From the Form I-693 instructions (page 6-7):

"Even if a new medical examination is not required, you must still show proof that you complied with the vaccination requirements. If the vaccination record (DS 3025) was not properly completed and included as part of the original overseas medical examination report, you will have to have the Part 7. Vaccination Record completed by a designated civil surgeon. In this case, you must submit Parts 1., 2., 4., and 7. of Form I-693."

@SwaffordThat form I linked is form DS-3025 that Greenbaum mentions (aka Vaccination worksheet) So I am guessing at AOS state I will need that transcribed into I-693? 

3 minutes ago, Shiran said:

@SwaffordThat form I linked is form DS-3025 that Greenbaum mentions (aka Vaccination worksheet) So I am guessing at AOS state I will need that transcribed into I-693? 

If you finish your vaccinations stateside they you need to present the DS-3025 and any additional documentation that is proof that you were able to complete the others which now completes the required vaccinations. The CS will trans pose the receipts and the DS-3025 to the I-693 completing the necessary paperwork required to show all vaccinations are complete.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Olga&Jared said:

Jesus Christ. Why is it so hard at every step?)) I also thought it was a week maximum. Does she live far from Moscow? Maybe they have different delivery times depending on where a person is. 

Not that far (for Russia, anyway); she's from Kirov (about halfway between Moscow and Yekaterinburg, so a short flight or an overnight train). Generally things went pretty smoothly for us. No RFEs, 5.5 months from NOA1 to NOA2 was on the fast side for a May 2018 filer. While it took a couple of weeks for her calendar to open up, that was mostly because of the Russian holidays right after our case left NVC (just before New Year's), when it did she was able to pick a date right away so she didn't have to play WhatsApp group bingo, was told at the interview she was approved and should get her visa within two weeks, and then was out of immigrant AP within a day.

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, Greenbaum said:

Good luck.

Excellent information,  my plan is to call the embassy in Ukraine immediately after the case number is assigned and attempt to schedule the interview, explaining that I had just received my case number.  I'll post my outcome.  It seems many visas in the past have been approved and granted during the interview in Kyiv? Do you know what the standard expectation should be regarding this and what one could do to make it more likely to occur on the spot at the close of the interview?

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Swafford said:

Excellent information,  my plan is to call the embassy in Ukraine immediately after the case number is assigned and attempt to schedule the interview, explaining that I had just received my case number.  I'll post my outcome.  It seems many visas in the past have been approved and granted during the interview in Kyiv? Do you know what the standard expectation should be regarding this and what one could do to make it more likely to occur on the spot at the close of the interview?

There typically no shortage of interview slots in Kyiv. At least there wasn't 2 weeks ago when we going through that bit of the process. You can schedule on the phone. Do keep in mind you have to make 7685 hryvna payment at a specific bank (Reiffeisen) Appointments are available for 2 days ahead or sometimes even next day (once again, assuming things didn't slow down) 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Shiran said:

There typically no shortage of interview slots in Kyiv. At least there wasn't 2 weeks ago when we going through that bit of the process. You can schedule on the phone. Do keep in mind you have to make 7685 hryvna payment at a specific bank (Reiffeisen) Appointments are available for 2 days ahead or sometimes even next day (once again, assuming things didn't slow down) 

But my specific question is, at what point did you make your interview? After the case number was assigned? After the embassy had the "electronic copy" or once the hard copy was in Kyiv?  I am talking out of ignorance, I don't even know if the "hard copy" exists anymore but it seems I see a lot of folks talking about this.  I am familiar with the payment process.  Was her visa granted onsite or did you have to wait for pickup or delivery?

Timeline
Just now, Swafford said:

But my specific question is, at what point did you make your interview? After the case number was assigned? After the embassy had the "electronic copy" or once the hard copy was in Kyiv?  I am talking out of ignorance, I don't even know if the "hard copy" exists anymore but it seems I see a lot of folks talking about this.  I am familiar with the payment process.  Was her visa granted onsite or did you have to wait for pickup or delivery?

There is hard copy. It will physically be shipped from Rochester, RI I think to Kyiv via DHL. CEAC status will read "Ready" before hard copy arrives. You cannot see the calendar on us traveldocs until you do DS-160. It is fine to do DS-160 the moment you get KEV number from NVChttps://cgifederal.secure.force.com/?language=English&country=Ukraine This is where you make account and this where you see calendar with available interview dates. Once you have KEV number you can also make appointment with Medicom for your medical. Schedule your interview for a 2 days after medical (or later). I presume you already have your police clearance. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Shiran said:

There is hard copy. It will physically be shipped from Rochester, RI I think to Kyiv via DHL. CEAC status will read "Ready" before hard copy arrives. You cannot see the calendar on us traveldocs until you do DS-160. It is fine to do DS-160 the moment you get KEV number from NVChttps://cgifederal.secure.force.com/?language=English&country=Ukraine This is where you make account and this where you see calendar with available interview dates. Once you have KEV number you can also make appointment with Medicom for your medical. Schedule your interview for a 2 days after medical (or later). I presume you already have your police clearance. 

Hum, I've had the 160 form number for about six weeks now.... and yes, we've had the police clearance since October.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Swafford said:

Hum, I've had the 160 form number for about six weeks now.... and yes, we've had the police clearance since October.

Then you must've used WAC number instead of KEV number on DS-160 form. Which should be be fine. The question is, if you schedule an appointment, and then show up for it, but the "hard copy" is still traveling, chances are they won't let you have an interview. I don't know if anyone tried it.

They do send an e-mail with Approved 129F attached along with IMBRA/Spousal abuse pamphlet when they are truly ready for you. To give you idea from my time line, packet shipped Jan 22 or 23. CEAC status showed initial Ready Jan 25, didn't get e-mail from embassy OKing to schedule an interview till Jan 30. CEAC status was updated to "Ready" again that same day.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Shiran said:

Then you must've used WAC number instead of KEV number on DS-160 form. Which should be be fine. The question is, if you schedule an appointment, and then show up for it, but the "hard copy" is still traveling, chances are they won't let you have an interview. I don't know if anyone tried it.

They do send an e-mail with Approved 129F attached along with IMBRA/Spousal abuse pamphlet when they are truly ready for you. To give you idea from my time line, packet shipped Jan 22 or 23. CEAC status showed initial Ready Jan 25, didn't get e-mail from embassy OKing to schedule an interview till Jan 30. CEAC status was updated to "Ready" again that same day.

I used my WAC number in the DS-160. It specifically asked for the receipt/petition number given to me by USCIS. I was under the impression I had to wait for my NVC number before completing the DS-160 but apparently I didn't have to. 

1 hour ago, Swafford said:

Approved, yes. Granted, there is a need to wait untill it's issued then you can celebrate that it's been granted.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.