Najee & Maan

EAD Expedite in 15 Days

30 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 hours ago, fromNZ said:

Congratulations! I'm glad you got everything sorted quickly and were fortunate with your company's willingness to wait - my company is doing the same. Could you please describe what the was on the employment offer letter? Was it a regular letter with role title, summary and pay, or was it a special letter? Was there a start date? Thank you in advance for your help!

Thank you! Yes it was a regular letter wit role title, summary, and pay. Your typical Job offer :) Good luck to you!

28 minutes ago, Greek said:

This is rare cases that they got expedited because of a job offer letter and extremely lucky if this is the case. There is an EAD expedite topic here there is people that lost their job with real health problems and they havent gotten their cards expedited. It all depends from the person who will review you case. Expediting because of job offer isn't an emergency.

'Expediting because of job offer isn't an emergency.' - It really isn't. Some are fortunate, some are not.

Want to waste time? Check this out: https://marecaranne.com/

Pictures than read? https://www.instagram.com/marecaranne/?ref=badge

Videos with mostly adrenaline? http://www.youtube.com/c/MarecaranneBlogspot

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, Greek said:

This is rare cases that they got expedited because of a job offer letter and extremely lucky if this is the case. There is an EAD expedite topic here there is people that lost their job with real health problems and they havent gotten their cards expedited. It all depends from the person who will review you case. Expediting because of job offer isn't an emergency.

It doesn't have to be an emergency, it needs to be severe financial loss. As far as I've seen, most people who had existing jobs had their expedites approved--I don't recall any who hadn't but I'm sure it happens. 

For job offers (new jobs, not current jobs), it'####### and miss, but most people either have their expedites approved or it just takes so long that the original I-765 is approved first. 

Usually, a denial with a job offer seems to stem from a poorly worded explanation on the phone when first requesting an expedite. In those cases USCIS doesn't even ask for evidence. 

2015-11-23: Last TN received at CBP

2017-06-12: Married

2018-06-25: Mailed I-485, I-864, I-130/I-130A, and I-765 to USCIS

2018-07-24: Biometrics appointment

2018-08-28: Expedite request submitted for EAD via USCIS support line

2018-09-21: EAD and SSN received in the mail

2018-10-31: Interview is scheduled

2018-11-21: Last TN expired

2018-12-11: AOS Interview - Card is being produced

2018-12-18: Green Card received

------------------

2020-09-23: Mailed I-751 to USCIS

2020-10-03: 18-month extension NOA 

2020-10-15: Biometrics from AOS applied to ROC

2020-12-11: Conditional green card expired 

2021-05-17: Card is being produced

2021-05-24: Green Card received

------------------

2021-09-14: Online application for N-400

2022-05-04: Interview is scheduled

2022-06-13: N-400 Interview

2022-06-13: Immediate oath & naturalization certificate!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Wow congrats guys!

My EAD request was received by USCIS on 11/30/2018 and it's almost been 90 days and there's no update. My attorney submitted an EAD expedite by letter on 2/10/2019 based on severe financial loss and a pending job offer that I’m wanting to accept. I have also contacted a couple of senators but it takes them 4-6 weeks to process my request. 

Any suggestion on what should I do now? Should I call USCIS directly like you guys? My attorney said even if I call, they will most likely tell me to wait...

Thanks so much!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 9:43 AM, mantou said:

Wow congrats guys!

My EAD request was received by USCIS on 11/30/2018 and it's almost been 90 days and there's no update. My attorney submitted an EAD expedite by letter on 2/10/2019 based on severe financial loss and a pending job offer that I’m wanting to accept. I have also contacted a couple of senators but it takes them 4-6 weeks to process my request. 

Any suggestion on what should I do now? Should I call USCIS directly like you guys? My attorney said even if I call, they will most likely tell me to wait...

Thanks so much!

You called USCIS when you did request your EAD to expedite correct? You received the email they sent and you sent your paperwork?
If you did, there's no harm for you to call and ask USCIS directly. It's their job to help us out as long as we have the patience for it.

Want to waste time? Check this out: https://marecaranne.com/

Pictures than read? https://www.instagram.com/marecaranne/?ref=badge

Videos with mostly adrenaline? http://www.youtube.com/c/MarecaranneBlogspot

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline
On 2/25/2019 at 9:12 AM, Najee & Maan said:

You called USCIS when you did request your EAD to expedite correct? You received the email they sent and you sent your paperwork?
If you did, there's no harm for you to call and ask USCIS directly. It's their job to help us out as long as we have the patience for it.

Unfortunately it looks like no one has information when you call I have been passed to a Tier 2 three times same story an officer has your case and they haven't updated anything in the system.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline
On 2/27/2019 at 9:47 AM, Greek said:

Unfortunately it looks like no one has information when you call I have been passed to a Tier 2 three times same story an officer has your case and they haven't updated anything in the system.

google how to talk to customer service at uscis. There is a certain sequence of digits to dial. If i remember right select that you don't have your receipt number.

• 3 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

Hi!
I read about your EAD expedite. I called in to expedite my case on Tuesday, May 28th. On Friday, May 31st I received the email from USCIS to fax my job offer, which I did that same day. I haven't heard back since and received any confirmation that they received my evidence. When I check my case status it still says "Case was received on Marts 19th 2019".

So I just wanted to ask if you got any information/confirmation in between faxing your documents and the notification "Card is being produced"?

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. It really helped me and gave me a lot of hope!

//Michela

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 2/21/2019 at 9:11 AM, LisaLisa said:

it doesnt have to be an emergency.

the expedites are approved on its individual merit and reason and supporting information.

Our letter was similar to the example shown above, but was much more detailed. We also had the job offer letter and also a letter from my husbands union, demonstrating a financial loss to the company. Unions arent big in the south where we are but our senator is a strong supporter of unions and that also may have helped ;) We also provided documentation of his financial obligations that are not MY financial obligations - so his alimony, debts in canada, etc. Things he needs to pay personally that are not a part of our home and life here. perhaps that helped. i dont know. however, we didnt send a million pages of stuff like some people do - it was fewer than 10 altogether.

From the initial call to approval, it was 3 weeks almost exactly.

every case is different.

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

Hi everyone! This forum has been very helpfull to me. So I just wanted to share my experience. 

My timeline:

Marts 10th 2019 I entered the US

Marts 12th 2019 I was married to an American

Marts 19th 2019 USCIS received my application for Adjustment of status, EAD and Advanced Parole.

May 28th 2019 I called to expedite my case based on Financial Hardship

May 31st 2019 I received email from USCIS with further instructions to fax my job offer and cover letter.

June 6th 2019 "New Card is being produced"

June 11th 2019 "Card is ready for being mailed to me"

June 12th 2019 "Card was mailed"

June 14th 2019 I received my EAD card which also works as Advanced Parole.

What did I do?

I called to expedite my case based on severe financial loss for myself. This is what I said in notes: I have no financial resources, and by July 1st I need to start paying back my student loans. I have a master degree that is not being used and I would really like to pursue my career. I feel that I'm made redundant not contributing to the American Economy as a working tax payer. Being redundant also affects my mental health not feeling independent and having to be depended on my husband economy. I have a great job offer and have finished all interviewing. The start date is June 17th 2019. 

What did I fax?

- I used this coverletter: https://www.marecaranne.com/2019/01/ead-expedite.html

- My offer letter

- Copy of the email from USCIC.

I hope this might help other people in the same situation. I know how hard it is not being able to work and get your life going here in the US. I'm super excited to be working and hope for everyone that the wait time soon will be over. 

Thank you for this forum!

On 6/11/2019 at 10:24 PM, Ulrik said:

Hi guys,

DO you mind sharing your cover letter.

I used this coverletter: https://www.marecaranne.com/2019/01/ead-expedite.html

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 1/23/2019 at 7:57 AM, Najee & Maan said:

October 2 - Arrived from Philippines to USA.

October 12 - Wedding.

October 15 - Sent App for I-485 & I-765.

November 13 - Biometrics.

work.JPG

Year 2019

January 7 - Called to request expedite.

January 8 - Received email with necessary info.

January 9 - Fax the Cover Letter, Job Letter, & copy of info they sent in the email

January 16 - Got a notification. Site says 'New Card is being produced'.

January 17 - Got a notification. Site says 'Case is approved'.

January 22 - Received the EAD in the mail.

It's pretty cool where they give you a tracking number and an ETA.

More info here: https://marecaranne.blogspot.com/2019/01/ead-expedite.html

Hi! by any chance would you have the job letter from your manager?  I am asking my manager to provide a letter but I dont really know where to start or what it should contain! thank you much!

K1 Visa

NOA1: 04/20/2018

RFE: 10/15/2018

NOA2: 11/08/2018

Interview date: 04/02/2019

Visa issued: 04/04/2019

POE: 04/04/2019 (El Paso, TX)

Wedding date: 04/27/2019

AOS

1. Package sent to USCIS : 05/29/2019
2. Package received by USCIS : 05/31/2019
3. Service Center reviewing : PHOENIX, AZ
4. FingerPrint notice sent :  06/21/2019
5. FingerPrint notice scheduled : 07/08/2019

6. RFE letter (legal birth certificate): 07/23/2019
7. AP/EAD Text/Email approval : 07/27/2019
8. AP/EAD Physical cards mailed : 08/01/2019
10. Interview was scheduled: 11/22/2019
11. I-485 approved : 12/04/2019
12. GC card mailed : 12/11/2019

• 2 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello all, I have a question Reagarding the expedite, my mother in law owns a company and has a job offer for me, so if I send that to uscis but then find a different job later on after getting the ead card , would that be a problem, or does it only matter that I had that offer at that time 

6 minutes ago, Mez274 said:

Hello all, I have a question Reagarding the expedite, my mother in law owns a company and has a job offer for me, so if I send that to uscis but then find a different job later on after getting the ead card , would that be a problem, or does it only matter that I had that offer at that time 

It was be fraud to request an expedite based on an offer you don't intent to take.

If you do intend to work there, even temporarily, then there's no issue. No harm in trying in that case.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 hour ago, geowrian said:

It was be fraud to request an expedite based on an offer you don't intent to take.

If you do intend to work there, even temporarily, then there's no issue. No harm in trying in that case.

Okay, I was not asking because I don’t intend to take the job, I was asking theoretically for the future if I got other better job offers later on but before I obtain a green card, if it was okay to accept those,  thanks for the answer :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.