Muffinji

I-130 (CR-1) denied because USCIS lost the RFE they received.

40 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline
1 hour ago, HonoraryCitizen said:

Yep I like your mentality. One should always see the glass half full instead of half empty, because it could be worse!

I wish you success on the reopening and pray they admit their error without much hassle. 

Thank you! 

Timeline
4 hours ago, milimelo said:

Go through your congressional or senator’s immigration liaison to reopen the case. They have direct line to USCIS. Don’t forget to sign release of information form and write up all facts and provide proofs you have. 

Thanks! I’ll pass the info to my husband. 

10 hours ago, Muffinji said:

That would be confusing because the RFE requested specifically  for pages 10, 11 and 12 that were literally empty because it didn’t apply to us which was why my husband forgot to attach when sending it in the first time - which he sent in promptly as a reply to the RFE 😕 

I wonder if anyone can give their input on this.. because if it’s true then maybe we should just consider to re-apply instead.. 

So, if I am understanding correctly, the pages were initially missing, and then once the RFE came he submitted the missing pages which were fresh from the printer with no ink on them from him. 

If this is the case, they didn't lose it. They don't like unanswered questions. They like N/A to all the inapplicable stuff. So they would say that he didn't give the information they wanted, even if the pages were sent and received. 

Or maybe I am misunderstanding, it is 5:30am and I am not quite awake. 

Edited by Sarah G

Timeline
3 hours ago, Sarah G said:

So, if I am understanding correctly, the pages were initially missing, and then once the RFE came he submitted the missing pages which were fresh from the printer with no ink on them from him. 

If this is the case, they didn't lose it. They don't like unanswered questions. They like N/A to all the inapplicable stuff. So they would say that he didn't give the information they wanted, even if the pages were sent and received. 

That could be a possible situation 🤔

41 minutes ago, Muffinji said:

That could be a possible situation 🤔

If it is, it may be tricky to reopen the case, but I know there are many people here who are far more knowledgeable than I! I hope someone will have some positive advice for you 😊 

Timeline
52 minutes ago, Sarah G said:

If it is, it may be tricky to reopen the case, but I know there are many people here who are far more knowledgeable than I! I hope someone will have some positive advice for you 😊 

Yeah. I’m also waiting to see if there is any more advice to consider. Thank you so much for you input on it. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 1/21/2019 at 12:32 AM, Sarah G said:

Very good point.   I-130 instructions say to write n/a if something does not apply. 

On the top of page 4 of the form instructions:

3. Answer all questions fully and accurately. If a question does not apply to you (for example, if you have never been 
married and the question asks, “Provide the name of your current spouse”), type or print “N/A,” unless otherwise 
directed. If your answer to a question which requires a numeric response is zero or none (for example, “How many 
children do you have” or “How many times have you departed the United States”), type or print “None,” unless 
otherwise directed.

Edited by Unshakable Faith

Our Journey:
04/19/2014- Met online
10/2014- Visited Nigeria and he proposed!!!! 
02/28/2015- Sent I-129F petition
03/05/2015- NOA1
09/2015- Visited Nigeria again!!!
10/28/2015- NOA2 (237 day wait at TSC)
11/13/2015- Sent to NVC
11/27/2015- Arrived at Embassy
06/2016- Third visit to Nigeria!
06/15/2016- Interview, given option to file I-601 waiver.
08/16/2016- Waiver submitted (no lawyer).
11/21/2016- Waiver approved with expedite.
01/2017- Embassy requested interview. 
04/2017- Fourth visit to Nigeria.  K1 officially denied. 
04/25/2017- NOA1 for 2nd K1.
07/27/2017- Case transferred to TSC.
11/17/2017- Case transferred back to CSC.
01/16/2018- NOA2!! (266 day wait)
03/08/2018- Interview (AP)
05/03/2018- VISA APPROVAL!!!
05/14/2018- Visa issued
05/18/2018- Visa picked up
05/25/2018- HE'S HOME!!! 💙💙💙

God has given me a great knowledgebase through research and other members here on VJ.  Please do not hesitate to reach out if I can be of any assistance to you! 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Unshakable Faith said:

Very good point.   I-130 instructions say to write n/a if something does not apply. 

On the top of page 4 of the form instructions:

3. Answer all questions fully and accurately. If a question does not apply to you (for example, if you have never been 
married and the question asks, “Provide the name of your current spouse”), type or print “N/A,” unless otherwise 
directed. If your answer to a question which requires a numeric response is zero or none (for example, “How many 
children do you have” or “How many times have you departed the United States”), type or print “None,” unless 
otherwise directed.

Thanks @Unshakable Faith. I have informed my husband on it and he says he might consider trying to get legal advice on it before doing a MTR or else will just re file then. (If that is the likely issue here). It does seem to be the most likely issue. 

21 minutes ago, Muffinji said:

Thanks @Unshakable Faith. I have informed my husband on it and he says he might consider trying to get legal advice on it before doing a MTR or else will just re file then. (If that is the likely issue here). It does seem to be the most likely issue. 

If you do refile I think a good rule of thumb is to leave no box empty anywhere on the form. I wish you the very best of luck and I'm sorry this happened! 

Timeline
7 hours ago, Sarah G said:

If you do refile I think a good rule of thumb is to leave no box empty anywhere on the form. I wish you the very best of luck and I'm sorry this happened! 

Thank you so much for your input on the whole matter :). I’ll leave it to my husband to decide on what he thinks is best now and remind him to not leave anywhere empty if we refile 😂🤣 

2 hours ago, Muffinji said:

Thank you so much for your input on the whole matter :). I’ll leave it to my husband to decide on what he thinks is best now and remind him to not leave anywhere empty if we refile 😂🤣 

Since those pages were about a translator or preparer we also left them blank.  Now I know what to do if we get the same RFE.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

58 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Since those pages were about a translator or preparer we also left them blank.  Now I know what to do if we get the same RFE.

It's also the additional info page. I think that also has to be filled out, even if only to say 'none'. Yay for bureaucracy. 🙄

Edited by Sarah G
Horrible typo

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 1/20/2019 at 12:26 PM, Muffinji said:

That would be confusing because the RFE requested specifically  for pages 10, 11 and 12 that were literally empty because it didn’t apply to us which was why my husband forgot to attach when sending it in the first time - which he sent in promptly as a reply to the RFE 😕 

I wonder if anyone can give their input on this.. because if it’s true then maybe we should just consider to re-apply instead.. 

It clearly states that only the INITIAL evidence with the i-130 was not sufficient. It also states that CLEARLY that "as of this date you have not responded". They did not state that their RFE response was not sufficient. Therefore, it is the fault of the USCIS, not the petitioner.

Edited by Jaret&Rachael

Timeline
2 hours ago, Jaret&Rachael said:

It clearly states that only the INITIAL evidence with the i-130 was not sufficient. It also states that CLEARLY that "as of this date you have not responded". They did not state that their RFE response was not sufficient. Therefore, it is the fault of the USCIS, not the petitioner.

That is what we were thinking originally 😂 But I guess we do have to consider other possibilities because USCIS can be weird at times... 

(if it wasn’t harder to get my husband over my place I would probably be like... whatever, you move over instead 😂

Nothing has changed my opinion based on what the letter says; it clearly indicates that the reason for denial was lack of an RFE response, not an insufficient response.

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.