refugee

Judge Blocks Trump Administration From Adding Citizenship Question To The Census

119 posts in this topic

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
1 hour ago, spookyturtle said:

Fakenews.gov !

I cannot calculate the curve and complete the figure by the experience of sight; I can divine it by conscience. But from what I see I am sure it bends towards justice -Theodore Parker

5 hours ago, Chris Duffy said:

They will come to your door and ask why you didn't fill one out in my area

and leave cards to call and follow-up if you do not 

7 hours ago, Chris Duffy said:

They will come to your door and ask why you didn't fill one out in my area

1 hour ago, Randyandyuni said:

and leave cards to call and follow-up if you do not 

Like I said I had one come to my house and scream at me at the top of her lungs like a control freak. I told her to vacate my property multiple times or I would report her for trespassing. She threatened to have me arrested. At that point I called the sheriff's department and a deputy came who told her to leave or she would be arrested for trespassing. Should have seen the look on her face. Never heard anything further from a census worker regarding that matter.

morfunphil1_zpsoja67jml.jpg

Timeline
3 minutes ago, jg121783 said:

Like I said I had one come to my house and scream at me at the top of her lungs like a control freak. I told her to vacate my property multiple times or I would report her for trespassing. She threatened to have me arrested. At that point I called the sheriff's department and a deputy came who told her to leave or she would be arrested for trespassing. Should have seen the look on her face. Never heard anything further from a census worker regarding that matter.

Interesting the number of folks in this forum who have encounters with safety officers...its a bit like watching cops.

I cannot calculate the curve and complete the figure by the experience of sight; I can divine it by conscience. But from what I see I am sure it bends towards justice -Theodore Parker

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
2 hours ago, refugee said:

Interesting the number of folks in this forum who have encounters with safety officers...its a bit like watching cops.

I have had several encounters with police officers, but at the time I was a volunteer firefighter, so we were often at the same incident scenes.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

3 hours ago, refugee said:

This would have made for a boring episode of cops. Leftist (assuming she was a leftist because of the Obama sticker on her car) control freak census worker demands I give her personal information i have no legal obligation to give her. I politely but firmly refuse. She becomes belligerent and demands I comply. I politely ask her to vacate the property because she is creating a disturbance. She refuses and threatens to have me arrested. I call the sheriff's department and have them send out a deputy. The deputy tells her she can either leave or go to jail for trespassing after she tries to argue with him briefly. She stomps off in a leftist control freak rage and leaves. End of episode. Like I said kind of boring.

morfunphil1_zpsoja67jml.jpg

2 hours ago, jg121783 said:

This would have made for a boring episode of cops. Leftist (assuming she was a leftist because of the Obama sticker on her car) control freak census worker demands I give her personal information i have no legal obligation to give her. I politely but firmly refuse. She becomes belligerent and demands I comply. I politely ask her to vacate the property because she is creating a disturbance. She refuses and threatens to have me arrested. I call the sheriff's department and have them send out a deputy. The deputy tells her she can either leave or go to jail for trespassing after she tries to argue with him briefly. She stomps off in a leftist control freak rage and leaves. End of episode. Like I said kind of boring.

Cool story. 

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 8:07 PM, refugee said:

Non citizens pay Federal taxes, consume Federal services and are apart of the formula used to allocate Congressional districts, by law. 

Not many pay Federal taxes.

Just when you think you have TDS eradicate,  a new case shows up.

Timeline
14 minutes ago, ALFKAD said:

I agree.  But many send money outside the US to their families, thereby reducing the pool of funds to increase our economy.

Immigration makes our economy vibrant and healthy. There is no evidence that our economy loses in the deal.

5 hours ago, Chris Duffy said:

Not many pay Federal taxes.

Long term permanent residents and folks on work Visas don't pay state, local, Federal payroll, social security, estate, gas, Medicare or fees to do business?  They don't spend money on goods and services in our country?  That is 20 million taxpayers you are not counting.

Filed: Timeline
1 minute ago, refugee said:

Immigration makes our economy vibrant and healthy. There is no evidence that our economy loses in the deal.

Long term permanent residents and folks on work Visas don't pay state, local, Federal payroll, social security, estate, gas, Medicare or fees to do business?  They don't spend money on goods and services in our country?  That is 20 million taxpayers you are not counting.

There is, but you have to want to believe it for you to see the truth.

Timeline
23 minutes ago, spookyturtle said:

Out this way many are working with a fake SS#. The IRS doesn’t care as long as the taxes are being paid. 

If you are talking about immigrants without work authorization, most get a taxpayer ID. This allows them to bank, file taxes and of course get any refund.

Edit: or get a job at a Trump golf course where they seem to be handing out fake green cards.

4 minutes ago, ALFKAD said:

There is, but you have to want to believe it for you to see the truth.

There is not.

Edited by refugee