Greenbaum

JANUARY 2019 K-1 NOA2 ----> NVC

3,020 posts in this topic

28 minutes ago, Hobidyali said:

Hello everyone, I was wondering, do we have a thread for the wait from NVC to interview? 

Their is no wait between NVC to interview that would require a new thread. Most of the information at the beginning of this thread will answer all your question/or guide you to the Embassy stage. You may want to refer to the March NOA2 to NVC as their have been updates to the topics.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

1 hour ago, Loo1 said:

I would love to know this to! We got RFE's that requested we send photos, affidavits from people who know us as a couple, my fiance had to write a statement detailing all the times we had seen each other and receipts and tickets of times we had seen each other and things we had done together (we submitted them with the original application), no idea what else to bring to the interview other than newer photos, cards & affidavit or support and taxes returns? Also having the major fear we might not get sent out tomorrow-we got our case number last Tuesday after we queried it (NOA2-January 23rd)

This entire thing hurts my brain.

Here is what you will need. Hopefully you will have a clearer picture and much needed brain relief after reading my post above and this information below. This is such a simple process but as humans we are OVERTHINKING what is expected of us when after all they tell you what they want. Answer their questions/requirements and you sail through. It's when you start thinking oh what about this, is this needed, I read somewhere where this is needed STOP THE INSANITY. Here is what you need. Please, if any link is broken please let me know so I can keep this information current and if you have anything from your experience that you would like to share that maybe should be added please do.

Interview instructions

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1F7jC3hxQrLCQRa-Mus1xSPfR-V1t5x3K/view?usp=sharing

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/iv-dv-supplemental/DBL_ Dublin.pdf

Dublin Embassy website

https://ie.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee-visa/the-interview/

Interview preparations

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/interview/interview-prepare.html

Medical information

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/interview/interview-prepare/medical-examination.html

Immigration Portal VJ

http://www.visajourney.com/portals/index.php?country=Ireland

Dublin visa information from VJ Portal

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Ireland&cty=Dublin

Here is a thread that had some discussion about the Embassy procedure there in Ireland.

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/673780-dublin-embassy-how-long-after-submitting-a-notice-of-readiness-were-you-contacted/?page=4

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

9 minutes ago, Frank-n-Tina said:

@itsjustcassiee - Thanks, Cassie!  I'm in China right now and it's nearly 11 p.m. here.  But I think that I can do another hour.  ;)

While waiting you may want to become familiar with the sub-forum for China here on VJ where there is much to talk about and learn.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/94-china/

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
Just now, Greenbaum said:

Here is what you will need. Hopefully you will have a clearer picture and much needed brain relief after reading my post above and this information below. This is such a simple process but as humans we are OVERTHINKING what is expected of us when after all they tell you what they want. Answer their questions/requirements and you sail through. It's when you start thinking oh what about this, is this needed, I read somewhere where this is needed STOP THE INSANITY. Here is what you need. Please, if any link is broken please let me know so I can keep this information current and if you have anything from your experience that you would like to share that maybe should be added please do.

Interview instructions

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1F7jC3hxQrLCQRa-Mus1xSPfR-V1t5x3K/view?usp=sharing

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/iv-dv-supplemental/DBL_ Dublin.pdf

Dublin Embassy website

https://ie.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee-visa/the-interview/

Interview preparations

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/interview/interview-prepare.html

Medical information

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/interview/interview-prepare/medical-examination.html

Immigration Portal VJ

http://www.visajourney.com/portals/index.php?country=Ireland

Dublin visa information from VJ Portal

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Ireland&cty=Dublin

Here is a thread that had some discussion about the Embassy procedure there in Ireland.

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/673780-dublin-embassy-how-long-after-submitting-a-notice-of-readiness-were-you-contacted/?page=4

Thank you for this! I am indeed overthinking absolutely everything, particularly after the RFE's-but you're 100% right, i need to stop the insanity!! My brain may be hurting, but I'm very thankful for your brain!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iceland
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Frank-n-Tina said:

@itsjustcassiee - Thanks, Cassie!  I'm in China right now and it's nearly 11 p.m. here.  But I think that I can do another hour.  ;)

They're open now.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

One you can't bring everything that "you" think they will ask that's impossible and two if you bring what is contained in the P3 you're apt to have a interview without much fanfare. If indeed their is something that is missing and asked for by the CO then they will 99.9999999999999999% of the time issue a 221(g) requesting further evidence.

BINGO !!!!    Ain't this the truth !!   No matter how much you prepare, sometimes it's just that oddball thing they'll want to see.   We mitigated this by being as complete as possible..  It's not like they don't allow you enough time.   😁

1 minute ago, DanielPlainview said:

BINGO !!!!    Ain't this the truth !!   No matter how much you prepare, sometimes it's just that oddball thing they'll want to see.   We mitigated this by being as complete as possible..  It's not like they don't allow you enough time.   😁

It's like what I told @Loo1 we overthink the process trying to outwit the CO with an answer to their "gotcha" question. Which in the end causes you angst and brain damage.  :rofl:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iceland
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

It's like what I told @Loo1 we overthink the process trying to outwit the CO with an answer to their "gotcha" question. Which in the end causes you angst and brain damage.  :rofl:

Whattttt. No one here ever overthinks anything 😇

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Well, that's one perspective.   Another is the "angst and brain damage" brought on by lack of lack of confidence in what you've prepared.    😉

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

the silly RFE's messed with this girl & caused a lot of brain damage!!😂

28 minutes ago, DanielPlainview said:

Well, that's one perspective.   Another is the "angst and brain damage" brought on by lack of lack of confidence in what you've prepared.    😉

First, I am no expert when it comes to the entire process but what I have come to understand I have shared with others over the 5 years I have been here. It I can pretty much summarize for a newbie from an "well condition" novice like myself.

I can explain to most that they are making this into some kind of painful exercise and it needn't be that. I explain below how to avoid all your anxiety in the process. It's simple but everyone, wants to do this and that, call and check and so on and on when it's not necessary. There are some simple tools to use and they don't include calling USCIS, NVC or your Embassy.

It's as simple as knowing the timeline when you can expect to have your NOA2. That you get by watching others from your country who are processing a month or two ahead of you. If their file is taking 200 days on average to adjudicated then more than likely yours will take that long. Calling at 180 days when other timelines are showing 200 days is ludicrous. So set the alarm for 200 days and when it goes off then check your progress. But all the time, keeping an eye on those ahead of you because if the trend changes either shorter waiting periods or longer you'll know. Once you have your NOA2 then you send an email to NVC requesting that your (petitioner and beneficiary's email) emails be updated and to reflect to contact you when any movement has taken place with your case. Now sit back and wait for the email. Once you have the email that will be your approval. Hey, did I tell you yet to call USCIS, NVC or your Embassy? NO! :D

The key is to follow other timelines so you can compare it against your experience and or you'll know what to expect. And here is how that works.

There are several tools available to you. Go up to Immigration Timelines on the blue ribbon above and select it. Once you are on the next page looked to your left and you will see a box that states, "find similar timelines" and select it. A list will populate with those who are processing close to your timeline. When they start to change you will soon be behind them. Also, there is another place you can go and follow others who are processing the same time you are and for the same Embassy. Go to the blue ribbon at the top of this page and select "portals". Scroll down the left-hand side of the page till you get to VJ "your country's name" Timelines. Just below it you'll see "K-1" so you select it and out pops a window with others from your country.

Next step is where your case file will be assigned a case number. They send you a hardcopy of the approval which signify that you can move onto the Embassy stage and interview preparation. Another tool they provide is CEAC to follow your case to the Embassy. Once the file reaches the Embassy they will contact you (your case in CEAC is set to READY condition) with a P3 letter and scheduling instructions. This is now where you are involved day to day. Prepare everything they ask for in the P3 and go to the interview. MOST of the time you will be approved on just what is in the P3. Of course, there are those rare cases that the CO needs additional information. Then they exercise the 221(g) where upon you return the information they are requesting. Your approved and you have yet another tool to use to track your case again it's using CEAC.

EVERY step of the way you are kept in the loop as to the path of your case is taking. It's when you set your expectations to high and when it doesn't go as YOU planned you are disappointed. It irks the _ _ _ _ out of me when people claim that USCIS is lazy or slackers. :ranting:

People need to trust the process. If you do then you will have zero angst toward the process. Just my 3 cents.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

11 minutes ago, Loo1 said:

the silly RFE's messed with this girl & caused a lot of brain damage!!😂

The RFE is not a strike against your case, it's an opportunity to set the "record" straight through your answer. Most denials are for something very stupid. If there is no "stupidness" in your history you have pretty much nothing to worry about.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
1 hour ago, Greenbaum said:

The RFE is not a strike against your case, it's an opportunity to set the "record" straight through your answer. Most denials are for something very stupid. If there is no "stupidness" in your history you have pretty much nothing to worry about.

The logical part of me knows that, I know with 100% we have everything we need, my overthinking comes more from one of the RFE's was wanted receipts and tickets, we had a tonne, we submitted them all originally and had to resubmit them all.  More than likely seeing peoples post here makes me panic a little-maybe its time for a little break 

1 minute ago, Loo1 said:

The logical part of me knows that, I know with 100% we have everything we need, my overthinking comes more from one of the RFE's was wanted receipts and tickets, we had a tonne, we submitted them all originally and had to resubmit them all.  More than likely seeing peoples post here makes me panic a little-maybe its time for a little break 

A break for VJ is just what the Doctor ordered. Enjoy your time away for awhile. :thumbs:  I too take a break from VJ as sometimes I feel my blood pressure increasing and I come back refreshed.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.