Greenbaum

JANUARY 2019 K-1 NOA2 ----> NVC

3,020 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 hours ago, jeffo said:

how is the 0888 number different from the 0700 number? easier to get a hold of somebody?

DPV, I mailed off my i-134 today, should get there march 5th, not sure if they mean march 5th there or march 5th here. but the lady did say, i would get a refund(like you mentioned before)if it does not make it in time.

any idea or estimate when the cut off date would be for making the nvc march 5th mailing date?

You might make the mailing if you get it the week before but there is no telling. 

I just know that me and another guy from this group had luck with the 0888 number in the same day after calling the other number every other day.

Could be coincidence, seemed like the lady acted more knowledgeable also.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
5 hours ago, Mark and Rosa said:

Is this normal guys? I paid the Visa Fee and waited 5 hours to try and schedule my interview but there seems to be an error... I attached the screenshot below.

ERROR.jpg

I think you just need to give it time to update in the system. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
39 minutes ago, K&N10 said:

Still have not received our case number 😕

NOA2: 01/24

I am the beneficiary and this is what happened, as soon as we got our NOA2 we realized they misspelled my name and we immediately send an email to USCIS letting them know about it, we also call them the day after and they said they were going to update it (the website says is updated) 

Do you guys think that was a problem and the reason why NVC has not got the case yet? Should we call USCIS again? 

Our NOA2 is January 23rd and we haven't received ours either 😕 

8 hours ago, Javier Mera said:

Ok cools. Thanks again for the answers!. I've got a quick question that @DanielPlainview answered but wasn't entirely sure about. I'll call USCIS regardless tomorrow but I wanna see what's your opinion on the question since USCIS not always answers effectively. Question 12 part 1 in I-134 asks about the age of the Sponsor and for how long it has been residing in the US ?. Since I obtained my citizenship through naturalization it seems that I have to answer this question, but I'm not sure what to write down for the year because I've lived in the US twice. First period from 04-06 and second period from 2011 until present time. Have you ever helped anyone in this scenario for this question? 

You put your age and then put the first set of dates. Then go to the end of the document to section 7 and add the second series of years that you lived in the US.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

7 hours ago, Mark and Rosa said:

I have a concern, if anyone could help me, I will deeply appreciate it. I just paid my visa fee at BPI today 9:15am and waited 5 hours to schedule a visa interview and when I input my receipt number and click next it says "No valid record can be found for entered receipt number. Please validate that you receipt number is correct and that you have paid the correct amount for the visa which you are applying for." The receipt number that I used was correct. What seems to be the problem here?

Sorry sir @Greenbaum, i need your help or anyone who can answer. What seems to be the problem here?

Over the years we have experience that the payment is not updated for 4-24 hours. Give it a few hours more and try again.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iceland
Timeline

@Greenbaum I'm a little confused. I checked the 6 steps they're talking about and it says everything has to be sent to the NVC!? I just mailed everything to my fiancé. And now I'm a little panicked. 

20190226_091057.jpg

1 minute ago, itsjustcassiee said:

@Greenbaum I'm a little confused. I checked the 6 steps they're talking about and it says everything has to be sent to the NVC!? I just mailed everything to my fiancé. And now I'm a little panicked. 

Ignore those instructions as they are for a CR-1 visa and not a K-1. Continue to follow the steps from your embassy to secure a K-1 visa.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

1 hour ago, Loo1 said:

Our NOA2 is January 23rd and we haven't received ours either 😕 

You could give them a call and see 1. if the name has been updated and 2. that the file is on it's way to NVC.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
Just now, Greenbaum said:

Ignore those instructions as they are for a CR-1 visa and not a K-1. Continue to follow the steps from your embassy to secure a K-1 visa.

Oh phew, okay. I've sent the documents he'll need for the interview (fyi to anyone applying from Iceland, the I-134 IS NOT REQUIRED, but they do want you to show financial stability), so what steps are next? 

4 hours ago, Frank-n-Tina said:

@Mark and Rosa - I’ve also had a similar error when trying to log into the CEAC system.  Called the NVC yesterday and they said that the system had a “known” bug” and to “try again in a couple of days”.  I can’t say for sure that you are having the same problem, but It would say it is worth a call to the NVC help center.

He is actually trying to sign into ultraveldocs.com. I'd say give it a few hours and try again. It takes time for the payment to be posted allowing the OP to schedule his appointment.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

4 minutes ago, itsjustcassiee said:

Oh phew, okay. I've sent the documents he'll need for the interview (fyi to anyone applying from Iceland, the I-134 IS NOT REQUIRED, but they do want you to show financial stability), so what steps are next? 

Here are the instructions for the interview. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hrwI4lWxEdicfRafJipcpti-Y0vYPMyg/view?usp=sharing Use the "pre-interview check list" to continue preparing for the interview.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

10 hours ago, Brian & Hue said:

So, our case has been transferred to the embassy (CEAC states "ready"), DS-160 is complete, and visa fees have been paid.  My beneficiary's document handler (she calls her a lawyer, but I don't think she really is), says she is unable to get us a date for our interview yet.  There's a bit lost in translation, I suspect, but what is the deal here?   This is for the embassy in Vietnam (HCMC).  Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

I believe you had great intentions to have someone helping your fiancé but sometimes we don't always seem we are in the loop with them. I will post here the P3 letter with instructions of what to do. You are better off being more educate din this process then the "document handler".

Here is some information including the Embassy P3 for you to get a head start

P3 Letter

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GXiJXlEPZhqwUSFDpkcviyJNbw2BoXDn/view?usp=sharing

https://vn.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/40/K-Instruction-Package.pdf 

Usually you will not receive the P3 letter in the mail. Do an online service request. They will respond typically in 2 -3 days with the instruction (P3). You will need to submit D-160 and pay the visa fee, then schedule the medical afterward. Technically, you will need the P3 to complete the medical exam, although some have gotten by with just the interview confirmation. I wouldn't risk it and would just request that they email it to you via: https://vn.usembassy...a-inquiry-form/  When using the form be sure to add in the comments section the last 4 digits of your SSN or they will email you back asking for it which causes further delays.

BTW, the Embassy's only open their calendar after the month that is currently open is filled. The next month won't open till they feel it's necessary. What you saw was a cancellation. I'd advise that you every few hours you check to see if there are any cancellations. Argentina and Nigeria calendars are FULL now and so lots of people having problems. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Here are the instructions for the interview. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hrwI4lWxEdicfRafJipcpti-Y0vYPMyg/view?usp=sharing Use the "pre-interview check list" to continue preparing for the interview.

I have the document, but I'm also a bit confused about the DS-260 vs 160. Which one do we do?

9 hours ago, Frank-n-Tina said:

@MaryDave1992 - re the time it takes to get your package received by the NVC.  After waiting so long for the USCIS, this part of the process is painfully slow.  In my case, it took 11 weeks from the time that the USCIS sent the NOA that the application was approved and being sent to the NVC to the time that the NVC received (and then processed) the application.  It took 4 weeks just for the NVC to receive it, then almost 7 weeks for them to process it.  After 11 weeks, I got the email with a case ID nd invoice number.  Now there is a problem with the CEAC system that will not allow me to log in and pay my fees/upload documents.  It is a frustrating, waiting game and no amount of calling seemed to make a difference for me.  Hope that you have better luck, but I would expect a few more weeks of delay.

You do not schedule your interview at CEAC you use www.ustraveldocs.com (link for Vietnam is below). This information is taken from the P3 letter that vietnam uses. It has the complete instructions as what to do and what is needed.

You should NOT schedule an appointment until you have received the Instruction Package Letter (PKT3 - K) and have sent all the required documents listed in STEP 1 to our office. Failure to do so may delay your visa processing.

Please follow the instructions on: www.ustraveldocs.com/vn/vn-iv-kvisa.asp to schedule your appointment. After you have scheduled an appointment online, you will be able to print out the Appointment Confirmation Sheet.

Note: You must use a VALID and MOST UPDATED DS-160 Barcode Number when you schedule your appointment. If you use an invalid DS-160 Barcode Number, your appointment will NOT be accepted.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
11 hours ago, JMEngland said:

Its because they have no clue. your package gets sent from California, whereas the guy you talked to is in Texas. They are completely disconnected. They can't actually see what each other are doing unless someone in Cali specifically puts something into the computer. in order to get information from CSC they actually have to open a case requesting info from them. You're wasting your time calling USCIS. It's just one big jumbled mess dealing with them, because they truly don't know what's going on and the best you're going to get is guesses laid out as fact. Just call NVC everyday around 7pm eastern, you'll get an answer soon.

Thanks for the reply.  I was also getting the idea that they didn't actually know anything.  So frustrating waiting for an answer from them all day and getting nothing.  So, basically, there's no way to know why my case hasn't been sent out after over 4 weeks?  I really hope we hear soon... I feel like this has put us 4 weeks behind now 😩

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.