Greenbaum

JANUARY 2019 K-1 NOA2 ----> NVC

3,020 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
On 1/22/2019 at 2:18 PM, Shiran said:

Read your paper NOA2. It should state on it your case was sent to NVC. If it was or wasn't, in fact nobody knows for sure. It took 17 days since my approval to get to NVC and then 1 more day before case number was assigned. 

I would try to relax for 2 weeks, and on Jan 30 give NVC a call. Have your WAC number ready, and be prepared to be on hold for an hour. Give them WAC when qustioned, they should be able to tell if they got your case. If they do, ask for Case number and Invoice number. Ignore "it can take up to 6 weeks!"

So I called NVC today, after an hour and half waiting the rep said they just received my case today but it wasn’t generated in the system so she couldn’t give me a case number and told me to call back in 8(!) weeks if I don’t hear from them. I plan on calling next week for a case number. Did this happen to you?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Ishelle said:

So I called NVC today, after an hour and half waiting the rep said they just received my case today but it wasn’t generated in the system so she couldn’t give me a case number and told me to call back in 8(!) weeks if I don’t hear from them. I plan on calling next week for a case number. Did this happen to you?

Yes, it is normal call Monday or Tuesday, and odds are they will have it.  Most likely Feb 5 it will be sent to Ankara. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
22 minutes ago, Ishelle said:

Which number did you call?  I called the 603-334-0888 number two times today and I was on hold no longer than 7-10 minutes.  My case still has not arrived and I get the usual "sir, it can take up to 6 weeks for USCIS to send us your packet"

AOS Timeline (I-485, I-765, I-131)

12/28/2019:  Packages sent to USCIS via Fedex

12/30/2019:  USCIS received packages

1/08/2020:  NOA for all 3 applications

1/17/2020:  Received biometrics appt letter for the I-485 and I-765 (Code 3). 

1/31/2020:  Biometrics completed

2/20/2020:  RFE

6/15/2020:  Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview

6/15/2020:  I-765 (New Card is Being Produced)

6/30/2020:  Received Combo Card in the Mail

4/22/2021:  AOS Interview

4/26/2021:  AOS Approval

4/29/2021:  Permanent Resident Card received in the mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, Shiran said:

I have very consciously not used my patronymic anywhere in US for this very reason. It is not on my certificate of naturalization or SSN.  I would not put it in at all. Patronymic is not a middle name. Person doesn't have to have middle name. I am also pretty certain it is in fact NOT on external/international Ukrainian passport but that should be easy for you to check 

I just won’t write it in at all. I’m very mad that my patronynic name comes up in random documents, and in some it’s not there. I don’t even know how the USCIS rep saw that because I never wrote it in on my I-129. Atleast I’ll save my fiancé the trouble of this so he doesn’t have to deal with this too lol 👌🏻

Timeline
23 minutes ago, Olichka said:

I just won’t write it in at all. I’m very mad that my patronynic name comes up in random documents, and in some it’s not there. I don’t even know how the USCIS rep saw that because I never wrote it in on my I-129. Atleast I’ll save my fiancé the trouble of this so he doesn’t have to deal with this too lol 👌🏻

Once he is awake, check with him if his external passport has it. I am curious now. But yes, save him a trouble and just don't mention it ever and tell him to not use it. If he wants a proper middle name, make one up at AOS  stage, or just keep First and Last/Family names. I totally get it how having patronymic pop up would be annoying. Chances are USCIS has it back from your old days when you were going through your naturalization process and it stuck in your A-file forever. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Olichka said:

"Principal Applicant's Full Name "

I am filling out the "Ask NVC" page to get notifications from NVC and its asking for the principal applicant's full name as its written in his passport. My fiance has a patronymic name which I am sure is on his travel passport. My question is should I write down the patronymic name as well or just fill in first and last name?

I didn't write down the patronymic name on I-129f and we had no problems. Should I just not include it from now on ?

My patronymic name comes up sometimes and its confusing because some people accept it as a middle name and its not ! For instance, its shows up on my naturalization certificate, but not my driver's license.

What's funny is that the last time I called USCIS they asked what my middle name was and I had to tell them my patronymic name but I NEVER mentioned my patronymic name on the I-129 ! 

Also, I'm guessing DS-160 will ask for middle name as well, should I not put the patronymic name there as well ? Does that mean it won't be on his visa when it gets issued..it will just have his first and last name ?

Patronymic is NOT a middle name and I assume, your fiance is not a Ukrainian national as we do NOT have patronymic on our foreign passports for over 10 years already (specifically checked my expired passport too), so irrelevant to us. Therefore, you'd better put this question at the region-specific forum indicating which passport he holds. As to naturalized USCs with ex-patronymics, my fiance specifically adopted his patronymic at naturalization as his middle name, has it on all his dox and uses it as such. He has a rather common last/first name and it helps him not to be confused with a dozen of individuals from the same community

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Shiran said:

Once he is awake, check with him if his external passport has it. I am curious now. But yes, save him a trouble and just don't mention it ever and tell him to not use it. If he wants a proper middle name, make one up at AOS  stage, or just keep First and Last/Family names. I totally get it how having patronymic pop up would be annoying. Chances are USCIS has it back from your old days when you were going through your naturalization process and it stuck in your A-file forever. 

Get relaxed. Ukrainan passport form has no place to enter middle name (my bad, patronymic). It only comes up on local passport/ID card

Edited by HP+IC

Timeline
2 minutes ago, HP+IC said:

Get relaxed. Ukrainan passport form has no place to enter middle name (my bad, patronymic). It only comes up on local passport/ID card

I'll do you one better. Old USSR external passports do not have patronymic either at least not on the part that is written in Latin. 

Sorry everyone, we temporarily hijacked this thread and turn it into regional Ukrainian forum. :) 

Timeline
22 minutes ago, Shiran said:

I’ll check tomorrow morning 👍🏻 Thanks for checking your passport.. now that I think of it , when I had my Ukrainian travel passport I don’t think it had my patronymic 😅

Timeline
22 minutes ago, HP+IC said:

Patronymic is NOT a middle name and I assume, your fiance is not a Ukrainian national as we do NOT have patronymic on our foreign passports for over 10 years already (specifically checked my expired passport too), so irrelevant to us. Therefore, you'd better put this question at the region-specific forum indicating which passport he holds. As to naturalized USCs with ex-patronymics, my fiance specifically adopted his patronymic at naturalization as his middle name, has it on all his dox and uses it as such. He has a rather common last/first name and it helps him not to be confused with a dozen of individuals from the same community

He is a Ukrainian national :) it’s a good thing that your fiancés patronymic name is atleast helping him , unlike mine 😤

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline
9 hours ago, Jay Jones said:

I called them at 7am and they said they didn't receive mine.  I'm going to call them back again.  My NOA2 date is January 9.  Did they email you?

Any luck?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
22 minutes ago, manofdahour said:

Any luck?

Nope.  They still didn't receive it yet.  I will try again on Monday .

AOS Timeline (I-485, I-765, I-131)

12/28/2019:  Packages sent to USCIS via Fedex

12/30/2019:  USCIS received packages

1/08/2020:  NOA for all 3 applications

1/17/2020:  Received biometrics appt letter for the I-485 and I-765 (Code 3). 

1/31/2020:  Biometrics completed

2/20/2020:  RFE

6/15/2020:  Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview

6/15/2020:  I-765 (New Card is Being Produced)

6/30/2020:  Received Combo Card in the Mail

4/22/2021:  AOS Interview

4/26/2021:  AOS Approval

4/29/2021:  Permanent Resident Card received in the mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Hobidyali said:

I have noa2 of 01/04, it just got to the embassy on the 23rd, didn't make it on time for the previous days' shipment . Next shipment out of nvc is Feb 5th.

Where do you find the NVC shipment dates?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.