3,020 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
On 1/19/2019 at 10:57 AM, Gulsah90 said:

I can’t believe it finally made it here lol 

noa2- NOV 21, 2018

NVC received- January 17

case number-January 18

Congrats! Do you know if Ankara Consulate ask for signed/original I-134 or is a copy enough?

Timeline

Hi!

Does anyone know;

1) if tax returns can simply be printed from IRS' website? 

2) If my income is enough, should I still claim my house and car? Does that require me to send titles? I have a mortgage and car loan.

3) Is it mandatory to send bank statements? 

4) I receive alimony and child support. Should I bother to add that to my affidavit of support? 

I'm pretty sure all these questions have been answered at some point at VJ history. I just couldn't go through it all. If anyone has time, I'd appreciate it. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

7 hours ago, Linda&Linh said:

@Greenbaum Thank you , this is so helpful ! I am the petitioner 😃 So my fiance will not receive packet 3 in the mail? I will let him know we need to do the online request. He was wondering if his documentation needs to be translated to english like the rest of his information was when we completed the I129F , such as his record check? I guess I will have to wait until I get our case number before we can get started on any of this. 

I can't do all the heavy lifting for your interview. In the P3 letter at Part 4 the following has been requested.

Prior to the interview, please prepare the following documents (copy and original). We will return the original documents after the interview. You must arrange the copies of your documents in order as listed below and separate all the original documents from the copies. Each individual should have one set of required documents. All documents not in English or Vietnamese must be accompanied by a certified English translation, including a statement by the translator stating 'Translation is accurate" and "Translator is competent to translate." Please do not send these documents to our office but bring them with you to the interview.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

50 minutes ago, Marcela Palomino said:

HI. Can I get P3 for Colombia?.Thank you

After you get your case number from NVC it would be a good idea if you were to connect with the VJ sub forum for all things dealing with the US Embassy in Colombia and they will answer your questions for the processing of your visa from their personal experience. Link:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/96-mexico-latin-south-america/

Get the US Embassy Colombian K-1 Packet 3 (P3) at  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7hB3bl9Snfkb0NiMVFUd2JsVjA/view  as this is your bible needed to complete and receive your visa. The required documents are included and use the P3 as a check list. Once you have completed or gathered the required documents you'll be ready for your interview. If it is not on the Embassy letter, it probably is not needed.

Last but not least, READ the pages on the US Embassy website for your country so that you are up to speed.

https://co.usembassy.gov/visas/

One last place to check for information would be the VJ Wiki found here: http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/Special:AllPages and here http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Colombia&cty=Bogota

Ppl doing their vaccinations in Columbia can do them with anyone not connected to the approved medical center where  your exam will take place saving you a lot of money. Be sure to get a receipt that states every single vaccination that you received. See list below that are required vaccinations. Then during your medical present the receipt for the vaccinations to the Doctor and ask that they be transposed to the DS-3025 and marked COMPLETE! Very important that they are marked complete. You will use this document once you are married and filing your AOS package.

Good luck and God's speed.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Good morning folks,

My fiancé called this morning and they gave him our case number 
NOA1 August 15
NOA2 2nd January 
CASE NUMBER 22 JAN 

Screen Shot 2019-01-22 at 12.49.10 PM.png

Edited by Selina A

Timeline
7 hours ago, Ishelle said:

Congrats! Do you know if Ankara Consulate ask for signed/original I-134 or is a copy enough?

Hello, thank you. I am not sure but I sent my fiancé the one with pen signature to be safe. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
12 hours ago, MancRed said:

Hey,

I have my case number from the NVC, the status is 'AT NVC'. 

Is there anything I should be doing right now? or do I wait for the status to change to 'In Transit' to book my Medical? 

I haven't had anything in the mail yet, do I wait for a letter before completing any further steps.

As mentioned previously, I have my police certificate, it came last week. I have my medical records (vaccines etc.) Is there anything else I need or should be trying to obtain?

Thanks in advance! :D

712158742_Buckleup.png.3436bb92c6144eeb745f6dd31440b7b5.png

Cases are leaving today. To track your case file (results won't be ready until tomorrow) through DHL go to the first page for instructions. #9

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

1 hour ago, MancRed said:

Read the links I gave you as it outlines everything you should be doing and when it can be done and where you can find the forms Haaaaaaaaaaaa (stopping to take a breath) and that will all your questions.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

9 hours ago, Ishelle said:

Hi!

Does anyone know;

1) if tax returns can simply be printed from IRS' website? Yes you can get tax transcripts from the IRS website.

2) If my income is enough, should I still claim my house and car? Does that require me to send titles? I have a mortgage and car loan. You can list them but what they want is assets that are liquid and can be converted to cash quickly.

3) Is it mandatory to send bank statements?  If it would help you to be approved for a visa, why not? Yes send bank statements. More requirements are listed below.

4) I receive alimony and child support. Should I bother to add that to my affidavit of support? Any income your are receiving you should add that to your I-134. Turkey is not the easiest consulate to interview through so I would be on the safe side and declare what you receive.

I'm pretty sure all these questions have been answered at some point at VJ history. I just couldn't go through it all. If anyone has time, I'd appreciate it. 

EVIDENCE OF SUPPORT. You should be able to demonstrate that you will not become a public charge or be a burden on the U.S. taxpayers for financial support. A completed I-134 Affidavit of Support Form K1/K2 Interview Preparation Instructions – English (February 2014)  Page 3 of 9 with an original signature will be useful to the consular officer to evaluate your petitioner’s ability to be financially responsible for you. You should also submit your petitioner’s most recent U.S. Federal income tax return (Form 1040) and wage statements (Form W-2). Employment letters stating salaries and bank statements may be included to substantiate the I-134. Get the IRS transcript in place of the actual 1040 here: https://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript Use this link to determine the income levels needed https://www.uscis.gov/i-864p.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Duplicate. Pls Ignore.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
5 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

After you get your case number from NVC it would be a good idea if you were to connect with the VJ sub forum for all things dealing with the US Embassy in Colombia and they will answer your questions for the processing of your visa from their personal experience. Link:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/96-mexico-latin-south-america/

Get the US Embassy Colombian K-1 Packet 3 (P3) at  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7hB3bl9Snfkb0NiMVFUd2JsVjA/view  as this is your bible needed to complete and receive your visa. The required documents are included and use the P3 as a check list. Once you have completed or gathered the required documents you'll be ready for your interview. If it is not on the Embassy letter, it probably is not needed.

Last but not least, READ the pages on the US Embassy website for your country so that you are up to speed.

https://co.usembassy.gov/visas/

One last place to check for information would be the VJ Wiki found here: http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/Special:AllPages and here http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Colombia&cty=Bogota

Ppl doing their vaccinations in Columbia can do them with anyone not connected to the approved medical center where  your exam will take place saving you a lot of money. Be sure to get a receipt that states every single vaccination that you received. See list below that are required vaccinations. Then during your medical present the receipt for the vaccinations to the Doctor and ask that they be transposed to the DS-3025 and marked COMPLETE! Very important that they are marked complete. You will use this document once you are married and filing your AOS package.

Good luck and God's speed.

TX!! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.