2,003 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 9/21/2020 at 8:57 PM, Charming12 said:

so you have I751 and N400 in 17 days?

I have an i751 on the 8th.  I am assuming it will be combined with the n400 (filed Jan 2020, had a scheduled interview for April, but covid). 

Still no update online to either case.

On 9/21/2020 at 9:10 PM, RanKan said:

I JUST checked the website again and it now says our N-400 interview has been de-scheduled.

Our I-751 application still shows an interview scheduled for October 8, 2020. 

Crazy...

I have another letter in the mail today from NBC, so I really am hoping that it’s the notice for the N400 on the same day/time.  

Though, reading your update, I have some mild fear it will be a cancellation notice.

I was under impression that my job should be ok even though my 18 month letter expired? Is that still the case

1/12/2019: 90- ROC filing window open
1/17/2019: Mail I-751 Package via USPS Certified Mail 
1/22/2019: Package arrived
1/28/2019: Receive case number via text message  #WACxxxxxxxxxx
2/21/2019: Call USCIS for non-delivery notice receipt
2/29/2019: Receive 18-month extension letter (2 pages)
4/30/2019: Biometric Appt
...waiting...

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
16 hours ago, ilovepho said:

I was under impression that my job should be ok even though my 18 month letter expired? Is that still the case

Reveal hidden contents

Yes, your job will be fine regardless the letter is expired or not. Your status in the system will remain legal until you case is completed by USCIS.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline
On 9/24/2020 at 1:23 PM, Cryssiekins said:

I have an i751 on the 8th.  I am assuming it will be combined with the n400 (filed Jan 2020, had a scheduled interview for April, but covid). 

Still no update online to either case.

I have another letter in the mail today from NBC, so I really am hoping that it’s the notice for the N400 on the same day/time.  

Though, reading your update, I have some mild fear it will be a cancellation notice.

Last week the USCIS website showed our N-400 interview descheduled. Now, it is showing our N-400 SCHEDULED and confirmed by a N-400 notice of action letter we received in the mail. The naturalization interview date is November 5, 2020. What I am wondering about now is the USCIS website is still showing our I-751 interview on October 8, 2020. Just wondering if we will have the 2 separate interviews...

Timeline

I had my N-400 interview this morning at Washington DC field office. I received the appointment notice only for N-400 not I-751. When IO called me in he asked me if my spouse is with me because he will be making decisions on both. Apparently my I-751 got transferred to local office from NBC and I had never received any notice for that. Interview was easy and simple yes/no questions. After civics test he asked me if my wife is here with me and I told him yes she is in parking. He called her in and went down to get her. Then he asked me and my wife 10 questions separately About us. Then at last he told me that my case is good for approval but he have to go through  my background check before making any decision. After we left for 10 min o got text notification for recommendations for approval and second one that-they are placing me in waiting to be scheduled for Oath ceremony. Wohooo, finally done with years of process. 🎉🥳

good luck to everyone. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline
23 minutes ago, Nathpuria said:

I had my N-400 interview this morning at Washington DC field office. I received the appointment notice only for N-400 not I-751. When IO called me in he asked me if my spouse is with me because he will be making decisions on both. Apparently my I-751 got transferred to local office from NBC and I had never received any notice for that. Interview was easy and simple yes/no questions. After civics test he asked me if my wife is here with me and I told him yes she is in parking. He called her in and went down to get her. Then he asked me and my wife 10 questions separately About us. Then at last he told me that my case is good for approval but he have to go through  my background check before making any decision. After we left for 10 min o got text notification for recommendations for approval and second one that-they are placing me in waiting to be scheduled for Oath ceremony. Wohooo, finally done with years of process. 🎉🥳

good luck to everyone. 

Congratulations!!! Glad to hear good news ☺️. Do you remember what questions did they ask you for the I-751 by any chance? 

WAC Filer
01/30/2019 Applied for I751

05/03/2019 I751 Biometrics done

10/25/2019 I751 was transferred 

10/29/2019 I751 was transferred 

01/30/2020 Applied for N400 Electronically

02/14/2020 I751 was transferred to NBC 

02/18/2020 N400 Biometrics done 

02/28/2020 I751 interview scheduled
03/31/2020 I751 interview canceled 
04/01/2020 I751 interview ready to be scheduled
07/23/2020 I751 was transferred

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 9/12/2020 at 1:10 PM, thejusts said:

I was wondering if anyone in the Boston area with Vermont Service Center got an interview scheduled recently? Our status still says "As of March 11, your case is ready to be scheduled for an interview." 

The waiting is killing me!

We got scheduled a few weeks ago! Although I filed late January/early February (they didn't get it until Feb 4th, so). Our interview is on Thursday.

So.. does anyone know if it's okay to have an expired Passport for this? Because I was supposed to go visit family and renew my passport this year but then Covid happened. I probably should have mailed in for a new one earlier but got worried I wouldn't have it on me if they scheduled me earlier. 

K1 Fiancée Visa

2016/02/02: I-129F Mailed Out.

2016/02/10: NOA1 Text Received.

2016/04/07: NOA2 Text Received.

2016/04/27: NVC Case# Received.

2016/05/17: Packet 4 Received. (Packet 3 was skipped)

2016/05/30: Medical in Vancouver.
2016/06/22: Interview in Montreal.

2016/06/28: Administrative Processing.

2016/06/29: Visa Issued.

2016/07/08: Visa in hand.

2016/07/09: POE in Calgary.

2016/08/16: Married!

AOS Process

2016/10/01: Sent in AOS Package.

2016/10/17: NOA Text Received.

2016/10/28: Biometrics Appointment Letter.

2016/11/08: Biometrics Appointment.

2016/12/16: Form I-131 (Travel) and EAD Approved.

2017/03/02: Form I-485 Approved.

Timeline
1 hour ago, BT1453 said:

Congratulations!!! Glad to hear good news ☺️. Do you remember what questions did they ask you for the I-751 by any chance? 

He asked only few questions about us as couple. When we met, when we got engaged, who was at our wedding, details about our families and if we have any kids and their details. That’s all

Timeline
5 hours ago, Nathpuria said:

Then he asked me and my wife 10 questions separately About us. 

First, congratulations!  It must feel so great to know it’s finallllllly almost over.

Can you clarify if you mean that you and your spouse were separated in different rooms for the questions, or if the IO just asked your spouse 10 questions and then you 10 questions (in the same room, together)? 

Timeline
5 hours ago, Cryssiekins said:

First, congratulations!  It must feel so great to know it’s finallllllly almost over.

Can you clarify if you mean that you and your spouse were separated in different rooms for the questions, or if the IO just asked your spouse 10 questions and then you 10 questions (in the same room, together)? 

Thank you. So he first asked me the questions and they were on a two pages of paper. First he gave me those pages to answer all of the question. Then he called my wife in, asked her questions verbally and IO is the one who wrote them on paper. He asked few questions as well to clarify the answers. He told me before asking her questions not to interrupt while she is answering his questions. After that he look at both papers and took 2-3 min to review if answers We’re matching. Then he gave me the paper stating that I have passed the English test and the decision cannot be made at this time. He explained me that he is going to review my background check one more time before recommending my case to be approved. He also stated that case is approved if there is nothing on background check. After leaving it took around ten min and we received email notifications, two of them. First was that N-400 is recommended for approval and second one was mentions that We placed you in line for your oath ceremony and will send you a notice for Receipt Number IOE90

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

I had my interview this morning (it was a combined 751/400).  

The 751 one part started okay.  He asked basic questions of me and of my husband to confirm the info on our application.  Then he was like “let’s see your updated documents”.  Cool.  I handed him updated banking statements for checking, saving, and a credit card.  He went through each one and made sure all the months were there.  

I showed the originals for our car titles.  I have updated car and health insurance documents.  

And I gave an updated IRS tax transcript and certified copy of the state return.  I did NOT have the most recent ones (2019) because I thought I could obtain both federal and state through online portals.  I was wrong, and while I did send paper requests, I didn’t receive them back in time.  He did NOT like this, and it was an uncomfortable 2 minutes while I was shaking and holding back tears and my husband was rubbing my leg trying to soothe me.  So my advice, if you don’t have the official documents, bring something, anything, that shows you filed. I’m so mad at myself for not even printing out the return and w2’s.  

Anyway, after that, it was a few more questions about why we don’t have utility bills together (I mean, I cannot get Verizon or the electric company to add a second name), about trips out of the country, and our family visiting schedule, and then that was that. 

At the end he approved the filing, so I’m chalking his attitude up to the fact that that’s his job is to press and see how people react.  

Also got approved for my n400, and due to covid, they did a same day oath ceremony.  Told me it would be “30 minutes” and it was 3 hours, but hey, I’M DONE!! 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline
1 hour ago, Cryssiekins said:

I had my interview this morning (it was a combined 751/400).  

The 751 one part started okay.  He asked basic questions of me and of my husband to confirm the info on our application.  Then he was like “let’s see your updated documents”.  Cool.  I handed him updated banking statements for checking, saving, and a credit card.  He went through each one and made sure all the months were there.  

I showed the originals for our car titles.  I have updated car and health insurance documents.  

And I gave an updated IRS tax transcript and certified copy of the state return.  I did NOT have the most recent ones (2019) because I thought I could obtain both federal and state through online portals.  I was wrong, and while I did send paper requests, I didn’t receive them back in time.  He did NOT like this, and it was an uncomfortable 2 minutes while I was shaking and holding back tears and my husband was rubbing my leg trying to soothe me.  So my advice, if you don’t have the official documents, bring something, anything, that shows you filed. I’m so mad at myself for not even printing out the return and w2’s.  

Anyway, after that, it was a few more questions about why we don’t have utility bills together (I mean, I cannot get Verizon or the electric company to add a second name), about trips out of the country, and our family visiting schedule, and then that was that. 

At the end he approved the filing, so I’m chalking his attitude up to the fact that that’s his job is to press and see how people react.  

Also got approved for my n400, and due to covid, they did a same day oath ceremony.  Told me it would be “30 minutes” and it was 3 hours, but hey, I’M DONE!! 

Congratulations to both of you!

This morning we also completed the 751 interview and were approved. It was very easy with minimal questions. I had prepared "updated" documents with a cover page. The updated documents included most recent joint bank account, home utility bill, I-94 travel page, home and auto insurance AND 2018 & 2019 full tax returns. She looked at size of the 2 tax returns and only commented jokingly... "THESE are your tax returns?"

She did tell us that we had made her job easy and we were approved...

Congratulations again and best of luck to both of you!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Hey everybody!

Texan over here, sharing my recent experiences:

-I-751 still pending from Jan 2019

-N-400 pending from Jan 2020

-On Sept 7 I filed an "outside normal processing times" request for I-751; was promised a reply by Sept 29

-Called USCIS to schedule an Infopass; got a 6 month stamp in my passport

-Never heard from USCIS about my request regarding I-751; called the office and talked to Tier 2 officer

-Tier 2 officer filed a request about I-751 on my behalf and said I'd hear from them by Oct 20

That's all... Nothing is moving. 

Edited by KatieL

Anyone here had any I-751 interview recently  during COVID in San Francisco field office.  Since March, 2020. it says its waiting on Interview to be scheduled.

My extension letter expired in June 2020, when I called for stamp at that time, they said they can't schedule one. They are doing for emergency cases only. Are they taking any normal appointments recently for stamps ?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline
50 minutes ago, sfg024 said:

Anyone here had any I-751 interview recently  during COVID in San Francisco field office.  Since March, 2020. it says its waiting on Interview to be scheduled.

My extension letter expired in June 2020, when I called for stamp at that time, they said they can't schedule one. They are doing for emergency cases only. Are they taking any normal appointments recently for stamps ?

Hi! I am in San Francisco as well and my extension letter expired on august 14th. On August 27th I called them and told them that I needed to travel for work outside USA and they scheduled an appointment as soon as the next day at 9am at Sansome street office and got 1 year extension stamp on my passport. Hope this helps and good luck! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.