24 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline

Hello guys, soon I am going to have my cr1 interview and I have two question in my mind that disterb me that ..

1) I hope no issues will occurred about my wife and age difference she is 46 and I am 33 at the time of interview.

2) And she filled AOSupport around 23500$ she making I hope that will not be issued at the time of interview please advice .

let me explain about us that we meet online December 2013 and since that time almost every day we talking and 2016 she came to my country and we live together for two months happily and disided to get marry and after we married she go back and applied I-130 for me now I expect my interview in February please advice about my issues.

thank you and best of luck all 

18 minutes ago, kathysonu said:

Hello guys, soon I am going to have my cr1 interview and I have two question in my mind that disterb me that ..

1) I hope no issues will occurred about my wife and age difference she is 46 and I am 33 at the time of interview.

2) And she filled AOSupport around 23500$ she making I hope that will not be issued at the time of interview please advice .

let me explain about us that we meet online December 2013 and since that time almost every day we talking and 2016 she came to my country and we live together for two months happily and disided to get marry and after we married she go back and applied I-130 for me now I expect my interview in February please advice about my issues.

thank you and best of luck all 

Age is didn't matter as long as you show that your marriage was in good faith , plus i have friend that same position after a while he got visa they were meet on facebook in 2011 and them got married in 2013 and she was older them him but they were love each other and he finally got approved for visa , Just make bring all marriage Proof  , marriage Video picture family trips of her to your country all documents  time of interview if she joined you in interview will be plus tips , Good luck , lets us know them 

Timeline

Thank you bestluck unfortunately she can’t join me at the time of interview and we are in true relationship and having evidence that can show we was talking from 2013 regularly and pictures so many times she put my picture on her Facebook I have all those picture and screen short and please mention about AOSupport money requirement if we just two going to live together. Thank you 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

How many times have you met?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

We met only once but for two and half months we spent good time with each other than we marry and she go back and filled I-130

Timeline
45 minutes ago, Boiler said:

How many times have you met?

We met only once but for two and half months we spent good time with each other than we marry and she go back and filled I-130.   And she never married before but I married once thank you for advice 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I have yet to proffer any advise.

They will probably want to know why you have not met for the last 2 years or so.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

your wife should do well to visit you again before the interview in order not raise any red flag. They will go into detail why she didn't visit you again until now. try to bring more evidence and pictures with different visit. thanks

You also likely will be asked how you feel, as a man in his early 30s, about marrying a woman who is very unlikely to be able to give you children. 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Time spent together, and multiple visits, plus co-mingling of finances, are the two key factors in overcoming an age difference.  Your two months together is good, but only one visit to be together is not good.  It will raise concerns about whether the marriage has "evidence of an ongoing marital relationship."  Do you have co-mingling of finances evidence?  If your interview has been scheduled, give it a try and be well-prepared, and hope for the best.  If you get denied, because it is a spouse visa, you will be asked for more evidence or it could be sent back to USCIS and then you can send more evidence.  It will not expire like a K1 fiancé visa.  But more time may be needed to overcome any concerns that the CO has.  I hope everything goes well and you get approved, but be prepared for the possibility of denial and the need for more visits and co-mingling of finances evidence.  Good luck!

2 hours ago, kathysonu said:

We met only once but for two and half months we spent good time with each other than we marry and she go back and filled I-130.   And she never married before but I married once thank you for advice 

Like i said You gotta to proof that your marriage is in good faith and you keep save all record of chat , skype , phone  calls , visiting , stamp , they might put you in Admin process , who know inducing home investigator . family letter there is so much to tell you to proof that to  officer in Embassy , She need to more visiting you at interview 

Good luck 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

you need more in person visits.

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

Timeline
10 hours ago, JFH said:

You also likely will be asked how you feel, as a man in his early 30s, about marrying a woman who is very unlikely to be able to give you children. 

Hi JFH, I guess nobody can’t predict 100% that she can’t able to have child and I am feeling very good with her bcoz I know nobody can care about me more than her that’s what make me fall in love with her .......and when she leaving for airport from where we was living in those 30 minutes without talking  even one word I understand her all that I did not understand since I know her that’s make me crazy for her .....and all her family friends boss know about us .....so definitely we will try our best to prove our marriege . Thank you JFH 🤗

Timeline
1 hour ago, debbiedoo said:

you need more in person visits.

When we meet first time for two and half months she have to left the job bcoz she can’t take holidays this much time so when she go back find job and filling taxes She making hardly 24000$ yearly and if she take holiday to meet me than she will not able to even sponsering me and if we have a chance to do that we will love to live together till all process finish . Thank you dear 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

you married 1st time u met    / big red flag

you have not been together since 2013 /  big red flag

you are from Africa and a high fraud country /  big red flag

she is older / if this is  not normal in your culture it is another big red flag

she can not have children  / another big red flag

how many times has she married and/or divorced   /  can be another red flag

actually would say your case is very weak

love is not the important thing to embassy interview

showing and taking the responsibilities of the relationship are like being together more than one time

Edited by adil-rafa

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.