Jump to content

20 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi all,

 

I've been reading through these topics but was not able to find my specific question.

I am a US citizen filing to adjust the status of my wife, current B2 Visa holder, we married in the US and she entered by a land port in California by car. The CBP officer only swiped her Visa but didn't ask for a passport (as usual). My question is, what information should I enter in Part 1's "Recent Immigration History" section, items 15-19?

 

15. Passport Number Used at Last Arrival: Should this be her Mexican passport number, or B2 Visa number?

16. Travel Document Number Used at Last Arrival: I believe this does not apply to our case.

17. Expiration Date of this Passport or Travel Document (mm/dd/yyyy): Again, should this be her Mexican passport expiration date or her B2 Visa?

18. Country that Issued this Passport or Travel Document: Is this is about her passport, or B2 Visa?

19: Nonimmigrant Visa Number from this Passport (if any): Visa number is not listed on her Mexican passport, I believe this is a N/A?

 

Also, do we need a i-94?

 

I need to submit her paperwork in the next few weeks and I am trying to avoid paying a lot of money for legal assistance. Your help is greatly appreciated.

 

Thanks!

 

- Alex. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, alexgtlm21 said:

Hi all,

 

I've been reading through these topics but was not able to find my specific question.

I am a US citizen filing to adjust the status of my wife, current B2 Visa holder, we married in the US and she entered by a land port in California by car. The CBP officer only swiped her Visa but didn't ask for a passport (as usual). My question is, what information should I enter in Part 1's "Recent Immigration History" section, items 15-19?

 

15. Passport Number Used at Last Arrival: Should this be her Mexican passport number, or B2 Visa number?

16. Travel Document Number Used at Last Arrival: I believe this does not apply to our case.

17. Expiration Date of this Passport or Travel Document (mm/dd/yyyy): Again, should this be her Mexican passport expiration date or her B2 Visa?

18. Country that Issued this Passport or Travel Document: Is this is about her passport, or B2 Visa?

19: Nonimmigrant Visa Number from this Passport (if any): Visa number is not listed on her Mexican passport, I believe this is a N/A?

 

Also, do we need a i-94?

 

I need to submit her paperwork in the next few weeks and I am trying to avoid paying a lot of money for legal assistance. Your help is greatly appreciated.

 

Thanks!

 

- Alex. 

sounds fishy she came in on B2 with the intent to adjust status is what it sounds like which is illegal to do.

 

she can't come in on a B2 visa with the intent to adjust status, and no one here will tell you that is a legal way to get her into the USA.

Edited by Khallaf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Khallaf said:

sounds fishy she came in on B2 with the intent to adjust status is what it sounds like which is illegal to do.

Well, she is not in US right now, she's been in and out of the country. We got married on November 2018 and we're planning to submit the package in January 2019. Is that an issue?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, alexgtlm21 said:

Hi all,

 

I've been reading through these topics but was not able to find my specific question.

I am a US citizen filing to adjust the status of my wife, current B2 Visa holder, we married in the US and she entered by a land port in California by car. The CBP officer only swiped her Visa but didn't ask for a passport (as usual). My question is, what information should I enter in Part 1's "Recent Immigration History" section, items 15-19?

 

15. Passport Number Used at Last Arrival: Should this be her Mexican passport number, or B2 Visa number?

16. Travel Document Number Used at Last Arrival: I believe this does not apply to our case.

17. Expiration Date of this Passport or Travel Document (mm/dd/yyyy): Again, should this be her Mexican passport expiration date or her B2 Visa?

18. Country that Issued this Passport or Travel Document: Is this is about her passport, or B2 Visa?

19: Nonimmigrant Visa Number from this Passport (if any): Visa number is not listed on her Mexican passport, I believe this is a N/A?

 

Also, do we need a i-94?

 

I need to submit her paperwork in the next few weeks and I am trying to avoid paying a lot of money for legal assistance. Your help is greatly appreciated.

 

Thanks!

 

- Alex. 

15. Passport Number Used at Last Arrival: Mexican passport number

16. Travel Document Number Used at Last Arrival: You could put N/A or the B2 visa number but then again you would put that on question 19 anyways. 

17. Expiration Date of this Passport or Travel Document (mm/dd/yyyy): Go with mexican passport on this one

18. Country that Issued this Passport or Travel Document: Mexico

19. Nonimmirant Visa Number from this Passport: "This is where your B2 visa info would go"

11 minutes ago, alexgtlm21 said:

Hi all,

 

I've been reading through these topics but was not able to find my specific question.

I am a US citizen filing to adjust the status of my wife, current B2 Visa holder, we married in the US and she entered by a land port in California by car. The CBP officer only swiped her Visa but didn't ask for a passport (as usual). My question is, what information should I enter in Part 1's "Recent Immigration History" section, items 15-19?

 

15. Passport Number Used at Last Arrival: Should this be her Mexican passport number, or B2 Visa number?

16. Travel Document Number Used at Last Arrival: I believe this does not apply to our case.

17. Expiration Date of this Passport or Travel Document (mm/dd/yyyy): Again, should this be her Mexican passport expiration date or her B2 Visa?

18. Country that Issued this Passport or Travel Document: Is this is about her passport, or B2 Visa?

19: Nonimmigrant Visa Number from this Passport (if any): Visa number is not listed on her Mexican passport, I believe this is a N/A?

 

Also, do we need a i-94?

 

I need to submit her paperwork in the next few weeks and I am trying to avoid paying a lot of money for legal assistance. Your help is greatly appreciated.

 

Thanks!

 

- Alex. 

19: Nonimmigrant Visa Number from this Passport (if any): Visa number is not listed on her Mexican passport, I believe this is a N/A?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ben & Katy said:

15. Passport Number Used at Last Arrival: Mexican passport number

16. Travel Document Number Used at Last Arrival: You could put N/A or the B2 visa number but then again you would put that on question 19 anyways. 

17. Expiration Date of this Passport or Travel Document (mm/dd/yyyy): Go with mexican passport on this one

18. Country that Issued this Passport or Travel Document: Mexico

19. Nonimmirant Visa Number from this Passport: "This is where your B2 visa info would go"

19: Nonimmigrant Visa Number from this Passport (if any): Visa number is not listed on her Mexican passport, I believe this is a N/A?

what he is attempting to do is illegal, you can not come into the USA on a B2 with the intent to adjust status its called VISA FRAUD!

 

 

if you got married in November file the proper way like everyone else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, alexgtlm21 said:

Well, she is not in US right now, she's been in and out of the country. We got married on November 2018 and we're planning to submit the package in January 2019. Is that an issue?

Big Issue!!!!!   She can not enter the US via a B2 with the intent to submit an I-485......visa fraud!!  No one here will assist you in visa fraud.

Edited by missileman

"Experience can be a tough teacher to those who fail to heed good advice"- Missileman, 12/6/18

 

First career- 20 year Retired E-8, USAF Missileer,

Second career-Retired Registered Nurse, experience in Labor& Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent & Adult Psych

Third career-Retired IT Developer & Database Administrator for surgical services dept.

 

Immigration Journey:

  • Texas Service Center after transfer from Nebraska
  • Consulate :Taipei, Taiwan
  • Marriage: 7/30/2015
  • I-130 NOA1 : 4/27/2016
  • I-130 Approved :9/8/2016
  • Case received at NVC: 10/11/2016                               
  • Case # and IIN#: 10/24/2016
  • AOS Fee Invoiced:10/24/2016  
  • AOS Fee Paid:10/25/2016
  • IV Fee Invoiced:10/24/2016  
  • IV Fee Paid:10/25/2016
  • DS-260 Completed: 10/28/16
  • Scan Date:11/9/2016
  • Supervisor review: 12/21/16 
  • Checklist: 1/13/17 
  • Case Complete: 4/10/17
  • Interview Date: 5/8/17 
  • Visa  "ISSUED": 5/10/17
  • Visa and Passport in hand/Flight to USA Booked!!!: 5/12/17  
  • POE Dallas DFW on June 22, 2017
  • SS Card received : 7/3/2017
  • 2-year Green Card received in mail: 7/15/17
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, alexgtlm21 said:

Well, she is not in US right now, she's been in and out of the country. We got married on November 2018 and we're planning to submit the package in January 2019. Is that an issue?

file the I-130 with all the proper papers and filing fee, wait for approval and then continue the stage from there, try doing things in the proper way and not the illegal way is a great way to start!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Khallaf said:

what he is attempting to do is illegal, you can not come into the USA on a B2 with the intent to adjust status its called VISA FRAUD!

 

 

if you got married in November file the proper way like everyone else.

We dont know if she came in with intent to marry.  I don't live inside their heads only they know if they did or didn't.  We don't even know if she is going to remain in the USA during the process.  If she is going to wait it out in Mexico then AOS is a moot point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ben & Katy said:

We dont know if she came in with intent to marry.  I don't live inside their heads only they know if they did or didn't.  We don't even know if she is going to remain in the USA during the process.  If she is going to wait it out in Mexico then AOS is a moot point. 

he is talking about her coming back into usa with the intent to adjust status.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, missileman said:

Big Issue!!!!!   She can not enter the US via a B2 with the intent to submit an I-485......visa fraud!!  No one here will assist you in visa fraud.

Maybe I didn't explain my situation correctly, will re-write my post. Thanks for clarifying!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ben & Katy said:

We dont know if she came in with intent to marry.  I don't live inside their heads only they know if they did or didn't.  We don't even know if she is going to remain in the USA during the process.  If she is going to wait it out in Mexico then AOS is a moot point. 

She is not inside the US right now.  Therefore, she cannot enter the US via a B2, then submit an I-485 in January without intent...


"Experience can be a tough teacher to those who fail to heed good advice"- Missileman, 12/6/18

 

First career- 20 year Retired E-8, USAF Missileer,

Second career-Retired Registered Nurse, experience in Labor& Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent & Adult Psych

Third career-Retired IT Developer & Database Administrator for surgical services dept.

 

Immigration Journey:

  • Texas Service Center after transfer from Nebraska
  • Consulate :Taipei, Taiwan
  • Marriage: 7/30/2015
  • I-130 NOA1 : 4/27/2016
  • I-130 Approved :9/8/2016
  • Case received at NVC: 10/11/2016                               
  • Case # and IIN#: 10/24/2016
  • AOS Fee Invoiced:10/24/2016  
  • AOS Fee Paid:10/25/2016
  • IV Fee Invoiced:10/24/2016  
  • IV Fee Paid:10/25/2016
  • DS-260 Completed: 10/28/16
  • Scan Date:11/9/2016
  • Supervisor review: 12/21/16 
  • Checklist: 1/13/17 
  • Case Complete: 4/10/17
  • Interview Date: 5/8/17 
  • Visa  "ISSUED": 5/10/17
  • Visa and Passport in hand/Flight to USA Booked!!!: 5/12/17  
  • POE Dallas DFW on June 22, 2017
  • SS Card received : 7/3/2017
  • 2-year Green Card received in mail: 7/15/17
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

file the I-130 with all the proper papers and filing fee, wait for approval and then continue the stage from there, try doing things in the proper way and not the illegal way is a great way to start!

That's what I am trying to do, the legal way, I am looking for advise :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, alexgtlm21 said:

That's what I am trying to do, the legal way, I am looking for advise :)

reality what you need to do is follow this link

https://www.uscis.gov/i-130

 

submit the forms required she can come to visit you, and leave while you bring her into the USA legally

 

the wait for a spouse visa approval is 12-14 months

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×