2,915 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,thank you all for your great support in this forum.I was sent a mail from uscis regarding my i485 through my lawyer but it was not delivered due to her not updating her address with uscis.Has anyone experienced such and what happens next.She filled a form for it to be sent back with her new address.I didn’t also receive my c31 since because of same issue.She contacted them to resend and was told there’s a longer wait time to get it back.I am in the San Francisco area California..I also want to ask if mail get sent from local office now since my case was transferred there.Thanks

Hello all,

Did any of you deal with an ex using your legal status against you during child custody? My ex has a GC and my daughter is a US citizen. My ex has told the judge that since only have my EAD card which is only valid for 12-18 months at a time after which I have to renew it, I am only here "temporarily". How do judges/courts usually deal with/handle this type of situation? Can he use my immigration status against me in court? I would appreciate any information that you can share with me regarding this issue. Thank you! 

Filed: Other Country: Gambia
Timeline
35 minutes ago, namastenyc said:

Hello all,

Did any of you deal with an ex using your legal status against you during child custody? My ex has a GC and my daughter is a US citizen. My ex has told the judge that since only have my EAD card which is only valid for 12-18 months at a time after which I have to renew it, I am only here "temporarily". How do judges/courts usually deal with/handle this type of situation? Can he use my immigration status against me in court? I would appreciate any information that you can share with me regarding this issue. Thank you! 

hello  ev

3 hours ago, sandranj said:

I said exactly what Uscis says,what part don’t you understand ?

Uscis website is not reliable .

Hello @sandranj and everyone, i’m is serious trouble right now all i need is please your help and guidance, i have been scheduled for interview on Friday!! i wasn’t expecting it to be that fast and i had to do my Medicals today in a rush because my lawyer only got my notice today!! Please i will be going alone and my divorce is still in court ,will that affect my GC? and i asked my lawyer to mailed out all my originals documents from immigration since she is the one keeping them but she emailed them to me and insisted that that i should print them out like my 1-360 approval notice that i won’t have a problem.Right now i’m trying to get everything in place !Please guys pray for me!!🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏 i will post my timeline later!Thanks

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bahamas
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Kleenex12 said:

hello  ev

Hello @sandranj and everyone, i’m is serious trouble right now all i need is please your help and guidance, i have been scheduled for interview on Friday!! i wasn’t expecting it to be that fast and i had to do my Medicals today in a rush because my lawyer only got my notice today!! Please i will be going alone and my divorce is still in court ,will that affect my GC? and i asked my lawyer to mailed out all my originals documents from immigration since she is the one keeping them but she emailed them to me and insisted that that i should print them out like my 1-360 approval notice that i won’t have a problem.Right now i’m trying to get everything in place !Please guys pray for me!!🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏 i will post my timeline later!Thanks

Congrats to you, i guess it does not matter if the notice is a copy or not! What is your local office and when was your case transferred to them

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Kleenex12 said:

hello  ev

You don't need the I-360 original receipt to bring to the interview.The original documents that you needs are birth certificate and respective translation,passaport, marriage certificate, if he or you were divorce before then you need the divorce decree, and original EAD.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Ziongirl said:

Congrats to you, i guess it does not matter if the notice is a copy or not! What is your local office and when was your case transferred to them

my loca

1 minute ago, Ziongirl said:

thanks dear 

here is my timeline:

1-360; April 13th 2017

1-360 approved July 31st 2018

file for 1-765 category C14 till date the only status is case was received on August 31st 2018

File 1-485, 1-765, 131 on October 25th 2018

January 9th 2019 case was transferred 

January 29th received notice for Medicals 

February 6th card in production 

February 18th card in hand

February 28th social security in hand

March 6th Interview notice for March 15th and my Lawyer only got it today in Mail!

still very grateful but Nervous because i don’t have everything in especially my medicals praying for a miracle that i get it before friday!!Guys please pray for me!!

Timeline
2 minutes ago, sandranj said:

You don't need the I-360 original receipt to bring to the interview.The original documents that you needs are birth certificate and respective translation,passaport, marriage certificate, if he or you were divorce before then you need the divorce decree, and original EAD.

Thanks alot Sandra,you are a really God saint!!God bless you for us!!

1 hour ago, Allrounder said:

Hi everyone, please any body with such messages from uscis? This is the third time am receiving it since November and i don't know the action they said they lastly took. Haven't receive any later from them. Thanks for ur replies.

Screenshot_20190312-173252.png

Yes I did today. Third one from January 

26 minutes ago, Allrounder said:

Thanks @NICOLA2017 did receive any RFE from them or did u get to know the action they took on ur case?

I am a April 2017 filer. Rfe issued August 2018 replied October 2018 got approved December 2018. Got Medi-Cal courtesy letter February 2019 and 3 updates like the obe you got since January.. Hope this helps 

17 minutes ago, NICOLA2017 said:

I am a April 2017 filer. Rfe issued August 2018 replied October 2018 got approved December 2018. Got Medi-Cal courtesy letter February 2019 and 3 updates like the obe you got since January.. Hope this helps 

I'm receiving THAT EMAIL FROM NOV. FEB 27 WAS THE FITH time,l I'm receiving it, im I-360 nov 2017 filer 

54 minutes ago, NICOLA2017 said:

Thank you very, i think the updates actually don't mean anything. Congratulations for ur approval. 

Edited by Allrounder

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.