dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview January 2019

530 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

In the interview checklist it says

"The appropriate Form I-864 for each financial sponsor along with the photocopy of the sponsor's IRS Tax Return transcript or most recent US federal income tax return and relevant W2s."

regarding I864 I uploaded everything on CEAC website so shall I email same scan copy to the beneficiary or the embassy needs something different at the interview?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
29 minutes ago, Possible18 said:

Thank you @Drbayode I will try doing that. Do you know the process for that?

is unfortunate for us still waiting but I think some service centers are faster than others not necessarily a skip. Am really watching out for new York service center they are really slow...anyone using same center ?

Timeline
1 minute ago, C & ja said:

is unfortunate for us still waiting but I think some service centers are faster than others not necessarily a skip. Am really watching out for new York service center they are really slow...anyone using same center ?

New York service center??? For what afte case complete, you can only be waiting on NVC or the USA embassy in the country the interview will be taking place. I have noticed you always referring to New York service center !!!

Elaborate on the Newyork service center thing.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Drbayode said:

New York service center??? For what afte case complete, you can only be waiting on NVC or the USA embassy in the country the interview will be taking place. I have noticed you always referring to New York service center !!!

Elaborate on the Newyork service center thing.

our antoney said that new York is the slowest, making me believe that Nvc operates on different branches. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, C & ja said:

our antoney said that new York is the slowest, making me believe that Nvc operates on different branches. 

Oh I see! Thought NVC is only in New Hampshire 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Drbayode said:

Oh I see! Thought NVC is only in New Hampshire 

one office might not be working on the world's immigration case...am happy for you i know two Nigerians that are in my center and same cc month still waiting like me. is unfortunate that even my antoney can't do much at this stage maybe we just wasted money hiring antoney 🙏

Timeline
1 hour ago, Drbayode said:

Check this link below. Helping you dig up some tips. No matter what is happening to you, it has happened to somebody in the past

https://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/if-i-ask--a-congressman-help-for-my-immigration-ca-1029105.html

Thank you very much.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, Rajat Aggarwal said:

Thank you! Yes I did, 30th Jan!!! I can't believe it.. 

Hey - Is this for the Mumbai consulate? What was your case complete and Priority date? I"m still waiting on mine and its encouraging to hear things are moving at the nvc 😕

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
4 minutes ago, MJgc said:

Hey - Is this for the Mumbai consulate? What was your case complete and Priority date? I"m still waiting on mine and its encouraging to hear things are moving at the nvc 😕

Yes, Mumbai. PD 28th March, CC 9th Nov

Good luck :)

Hi Guys,

My case was closed at NVC (Potomac) on October 22,2018. But I needed to update the "Date of birth" on IV Form so NVC reopened my case. After a week I called them and I Found out that my case is under "Administrative review". On Nov 16 I called them and my case status was still the same. So the Operator suggested me to send my case to a Supervisor.  It's been 4 weeks yet no updates. I called NVC and talked to a supervisor all they said was my case under review and there is no timeframe on how long it will take for NVC to complete reviewing. 

Has anyone experienced this situation? I would appreciate any info.

Thanks

Hi Guys,

My case was closed at NVC (Potomac) on October 22,2018. But I needed to update the "Date of birth" on IV Form so NVC reopened my case. After a week I called them and I Found out that my case is under "Administrative review". On Nov 16 I called them and my case status was still the same. So the Operator suggested me to send my case to a Supervisor.  It's been 4 weeks yet no updates. I called NVC and talked to a supervisor all they said was my case under review and there is no timeframe on how long it will take for NVC to complete reviewing. 

Thanks

9 minutes ago, NMP said:

Hi Guys,

Thanks

Hi Guys,

Thanks

i had my interview on november 29th they asked me for a new joint sponsor i submitted 2 days after and its still AP and evrytime i call NVC they telling me the same thing

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Hi everyone, my visa is approved. get the visa and passport back on Dec 28, 2018. thanks for everyone here in VJ and @Abies  @NikLR for helped, assisted and guided. God Bless you all 

- Interview date Dec 17, 2018 at 7:30am
- Security guy let me in at 7:20am, gave my passport, all documents then scanned

- at 7:30am, passed another security check. gave all document then scanned again

- at 7:40am to window-7 for waiting number assign. got the number and wait they call

- at 8:00am, i was called to window-5 and asked to give, Passport, Birth cert, Marriage cert, Police cert and all marriage/relationship evidence photo, email, money transferred 

- Back the the seat and wait they call again.

- at 8:40am, I was called again to the window-5 and asked for swear, fingers scanned then CO started to interview 

- What is ur wife's name?
     - Who petitioned you ?

- Where did your marriage take place ?

- What is your wife's date of birth ?

- How many people joined the wedding ?

- Did your wife's parents came to join the wedding ?

- Where her parents live ?

- Have you ever marriage before ?

- Who does you wife live with ?
     - When did you start to know each other ?

- Did you use Facebook to communicate ?
     - Who introduced her to you ?

- What is date of your marriage ?

- At 8:50am done interviewing, it took 10mn

- CO said all right ur visa is granted, please come back to get your visa and passport on 28-Dec-2018 after Christmas. have a good day ! :) 

- At 9am, got all documents back excepted the Passport they kept to proceed making visa, and left the embassy 

All questions are very basic. answer the truth, everything will be fine. I do wish and pray for all if you to get the visa !!!

***Apologize any of my ENG mistake.  

Timeline
2 hours ago, Drbayode said:

You can’t continue to leave this unending journey to chance!!! If you keep quiet 🤫, nothing will change. So sorry for that! 4 months is much and there is no crime in trying to use a congressman or senator. At uscis or NVC.

The most important point is that tons of people with CC after you have had their visas approved or interviews scheduled. So you are behind for no reason.

if you have no proof of people with CC after getting interviews, yeah the congressman thing won’t fly. NVC has got no reason not to give you interview since 4 months. 

Congresional effort will point them to their grave automated mistakes and I can assure you that your case will be in Lagos before you know it and your interview e mail will drop. It’s just for someone with “constitutional right “ to contact them as a reminder. 

Sending you a pm on the steps to take and how to contact either your senator or congressman.

i feel for you!!

Thank you so much, no sleep for me tonight am getting on this now.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Possible18 said:

I checked and still at NVC.  PD Nov 1,2017, CC 8/8/2018.   4mths since case completed.  I have called and called NVC but they give me their rehersed script.    I’ve emailed the embassy they said they dont have my case yet so they can’t do anything.  I’ve tried escalating but, they declined it twice.  Every month I see people getting interview date that I should I gotten a date before.  Please if anyone is reading this,  and thought of anything that I have not done yet please tell me.  who else can I email at NVC that I can get answers from.   I feel helpless, Who can I contact that can shine some light to my husbands case. Lagos Embassy WHY??  

@Possible18 you are not alone ...I'm facing the same situation as you...PD 10/10, cc 8/24.. still waiting... called NVC many times..same story... made inquires at Lagos Embassy..was told my husband case is not in their system ..I  should call NVC... have me going in circles. until now nobody can give any proper information about my husband case .I'm so confused, stressed out n feeling helpless . just do not know what to do ..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.