dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview January 2019

530 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, Erlenfee said:

Hey guys, 

I just got my interview appointment email.    

Cc: 28th of Nov 

Appointment letter: 11th of Dec 

Appointment: 15th of Jan 

Embassy: Frankfurt, Germany    

Btw, to every one who's interested, I had no trouble at all to fly to the states to see my husband while USCIS stage, NVC Stage, and not even today when I got my appointment email. 

Congrats! Did you have to show proof such as a letter from work to prove that you will return to Germany or just a return air ticket will do? 

Edited by Atl2018

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
17 minutes ago, O&O said:

@Divergent you r so correct....cc 8/24 .. still waiting .. what's keeping me from being depress...my upcoming trip to see my hubby .. your trip almost here as well.. however.. prayers are going up for all of us..🙏🙏

Yes ooo dear sis, I'm leaving 5pm on Sunday. Have a safe trip my dear and have lots of fun 🤗🤗

I doubt I'll come online when I get to Nigeria, I need to surround myself with positivity, this forum depresses me a lot

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Divergent said:

Yes ooo dear sis, I'm leaving 5pm on Sunday. Have a safe trip my dear and have lots of fun 🤗🤗

I doubt I'll come online when I get to Nigeria, I need to surround myself with positivity, this forum depresses me a lot

Ok... have a safe trip as well, enjoy enjoy n merry Xmas in advance..I am leaving 14 days time.. hoping n praying my hubby receive his date while I'm there..🙏..take care sis..

Timeline
2 minutes ago, O&O said:

Ok... have a safe trip as well, enjoy enjoy n merry Xmas in advance..I am leaving 14 days time.. hoping n praying my hubby receive his date while I'm there..🙏..take care sis..

Amen! Thanks my dear and merry Christmas 😊

Timeline
1 hour ago, Ajitob said:

@Divergent, honestly, you can say that again. This whole process is just too frustrating. You know I belong to this category too along side O&O, Possible and others. I am really tired of tracking the whole process after doing it over and over again. Have even lost count of the waiting period. I just did a simple mathematics now to calculate the waiting period so far. With August 24th CC, it shows that have been waiting for 108 days, and still counting. The consolation is that I'm not alone from Lagos embassy with this terrible thread, and the fact that NVC keep saying we are on queue. This is crazy! Sometimes you feel like 'withdrawing' your case and channel your life towards a different direction because of this unexplainable suspense. Haha! Again, we will remain hopeful for a January date, 11th hour miracle. This is so so crazy!

@Ajitob my CC companion...one day it will end... just do not know what's the hold up..but let us stay positive and keep the faith.. very sad situation we are experiencing...:(

Edited by O&O

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
1 hour ago, Atl2018 said:

Congrats! Did you have to show proof such as a letter from work to prove that you will return to Germany or just a return air ticket will do? 

Neither. I just told the officer that I'm visiting my husband. Then I was asked what he's doing for a living, if we're planing to travel and that's it. Didn't even ask when I'm going back.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

Has anyone heard about a possible government shutdown coming the end of December? I heard on the news that the president mentioned it in a tense conversation within the oval office (yesterday?) Since we are all "paying customers" would a government shutdown affect us and NVC or embassies working on these interviews/visas? I too am becoming soo depressed and try to avoid both this forum and my email; I cannot imagine what it has been like for those of you who have been waiting months on end with no word. We have been waiting since the end of October and already i feel like my heart is slowly crumbling to pieces each time my email is empty and each time the NVC rep says the same thing about their darn queue. Really trying to tell myself that it is ok to not be Super woman and cry when I need to as long as i can pull it together and carry on afterwards.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
1 hour ago, Palala2018 said:

Has anyone heard about a possible government shutdown coming the end of December? I heard on the news that the president mentioned it in a tense conversation within the oval office (yesterday?) Since we are all "paying customers" would a government shutdown affect us and NVC or embassies working on these interviews/visas? I too am becoming soo depressed and try to avoid both this forum and my email; I cannot imagine what it has been like for those of you who have been waiting months on end with no word. We have been waiting since the end of October and already i feel like my heart is slowly crumbling to pieces each time my email is empty and each time the NVC rep says the same thing about their darn queue. Really trying to tell myself that it is ok to not be Super woman and cry when I need to as long as i can pull it together and carry on afterwards.

Yes unfortunately it will affect embassies and booked appointments would have to be cancelled and no new interviews will. Be schedule until they can agree on a budget. 😔 lets hope it does not come to this but with the way things are there’s no telling.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
52 minutes ago, MsKayC said:

Is ceac case status down? I'm having issues checking my status... anyone else experiencing this?

It’s working for me. Maybe they are updating your case 😃

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Palala2018 said:

Looks as though everything will keep moving for us.    http://www.ilgrp.com/what-happens-to-my-case-during-the-government-shut-down/

Filed: IR-5 Timeline
12 hours ago, S&J2018 said:

My CC is Nov 7 and still waiting, I have not seen anyone in the last couple months get an interview for Mumbai.  At this point I just hope that NVC goes back to their regular pattern of scheduling interviews at the end of the month, this way there's  some sort of a structure to the madness.  

The last person that has been scheduled a Mumbai interview that I see on Visa Journey was the first week of November for a IR-1/CR-1 person with CC of Oct 22! (jal7700)

~35% of the interviews have always been scheduled during the middle of the month, that's the data from the spreadsheet -first post of this thread by dwheels76.

29 minutes ago, LLabout said:

Looks as though everything will keep moving for us.    http://www.ilgrp.com/what-happens-to-my-case-during-the-government-shut-down/

That link talks about USCIS/DHS. Once things move to the NVC at Dept. of State it's a different story. In all likelihood,  a partial shutdown it seems would impact visa processing just as it did during the previous shutdown show! That would be a bummer!

13 hours ago, S&J2018 said:

My CC is Nov 7 and still waiting, I have not seen anyone in the last couple months get an interview for Mumbai.  At this point I just hope that NVC goes back to their regular pattern of scheduling interviews at the end of the month, this way there's  some sort of a structure to the madness.  

On another forum, there is a user @Akulkarniwho had a CC date of 1-Nov and got interview date of 17-Jan at Mumbai consulate for his mom's IR5 case. He seems to have gotten the email on Saturday (likely was sent out late Friday). Gives hope to us all. Here is the link. 

1 hour ago, Sweetamooni said:

It’s working for me. Maybe they are updating your case 😃

Lol I wish. Our interview was approved on dec 3rd, status still says Ready. No Visa issued yet. I don't know of we are in AP... I don't know why it's taking so long.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.