Greenbaum

DECEMBER 2018 K-1 NOA2 ----> NVC

1,964 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
25 minutes ago, Fernanda R Sanz said:

@Greenbaum you may help me out and anyone with experience on this: Still filling out form DS 160. Question: In "Aditional work, education and trainig", where it says: "Have you resided in any country for six month or longer..?", it refers to someone who resided with a recidensy visa or refers to someone who stayed overseas that period of time?. I've been 6 months in Colombia with my fiance as tourists, and 1 year more or less in Mexico with my fiance as tourists as well. I tried to get Mexico's police clearance when I traveled in november to met my fiance, but could not process it, the law changed so the Mexican goverment representarive asked me to send a phisical letter from the U.S goverment stating why, where and for what reason I was asking for the police clearance...the Mexican representative was not sure if I could process it, because i did not have a residency, just tourist visa. 

My fiance called the USCIS, asked what I should do, and they were not sure eather, so they told him to schedule an interview with the USCIS, but when he tried to do so,the webpage was not showing any available date to schedule an interview, he tried for weeks...

Now I'm scared and not sure how to answer the question, and also Im not sure what to do with the colombia and Mexican police clearance, Is it a must in my case even I was with tourist visa? What If I don't have them at the interview? Will they deny my petition? Please help! 😓😣

Also, there're not available interview dates for the BSAS embassy? I haven't tried to book it yet since I'm waiting for P3 to be sent

Timeline
17 minutes ago, M and Ed said:

Also, there're not available interview dates for the BSAS embassy? I haven't tried to book it yet since I'm waiting for P3 to be sent

Thanks so much for your answer! I was going to have a heart atack hahaha!, so should I answer yes to the question on the DS 160?

The issue was not with the US Embassy in Argentina, was with the USCIS webpage, when my fiance tried to schedule a interview to figure out what we should do. 

I sent an email to the embassy in Buenos Aires, (because I didnt know how long it was going to take the watting period) and they sent the packet 3 within 12 days. 

Edited by Fernanda R Sanz

Timeline
1 minute ago, Fernanda R Sanz said:

Thanks so much for your answer! I was going to have a heart atack hahaha!, so should I answer yes to the question on the DS 160?

The issue was not with the Argentinian Embassy, was with the USCIS webpage, when my fiance tried to schedule a interview to figure out what we should do. 

I sent an email to the embassy in Buenos Aires, (because I didnt know how long it was going to take the watting period) and they sent the packet 3 within 12 days. 

Awesome! A esperar entonces :)

So the answer to that question is NO, because you have VISITED a country for over 6 months, not RESIDED. It's all about technicality haha

Timeline

@M and Ed, do you know if I submit the DS 160, should I also do the payment right away or can I do it later? I didn't send my packet 3 yet. 

Also I tried to find videos in youtube, about how to do the payment of the K1 visa for ARGENTINA step by step with no success, only philipine people uploaded it.

I have no credit or bank account to use. Is there an option to do a deposit or my fiance can pay the fee with his credit card? I just want to know how it works before doing it. TIA! 😊

3 minutes ago, Fernanda R Sanz said:

@M and Ed, do you know if I submit the DS 160, should I also do the payment right away or can I do it later? I didn't send my packet 3 yet. 

Also I tried to find videos in youtube, about how to do the payment of the K1 visa for ARGENTINA step by step with no success, only philipine people uploaded it.

I have no credit or bank account to use. Is there an option to do a deposit or my fiance can pay the fee with his credit card? I just want to know how it works before doing it. TIA! 😊

They let you make cash payment at Axis bank or citi bank if you don’t hve a bank account to do NEFT payment. Once you log in you can see options. Some countries I think let your fiancé make card payment 

Timeline
11 minutes ago, ujones said:

They let you make cash payment at Axis bank or citi bank if you don’t hve a bank account to do NEFT payment. Once you log in you can see options. Some countries I think let your fiancé make card payment 

I know options vary depending the beneficiary country. I'm trying to know how it works for Argentina in advance, because I'm affraid not being able to cancel or go back if the only options are credit or debit card...

Timeline
21 minutes ago, Fernanda R Sanz said:

I haven't made the payment yet either. I've only completed and saved the form, waiting to receive the P3 on my email. I'm planning on using my debit card to pay for it.

Does your fiance have a card you guys can use?

Timeline
2 minutes ago, M and Ed said:

I haven't made the payment yet either. I've only completed and saved the form, waiting to receive the P3 on my email. I'm planning on using my debit card to pay for it.

Yes, I think he has a credit card we can use. So I will do the payment while we are one a facetime call, just in case he can help me out with that. Did you up load the DS160? Just save it right? 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Fernanda R Sanz said:

Yes, I think he has a credit card we can use. So I will do the payment while we are one a facetime call, just in case he can help me out with that. Did you up load the DS160? Just save it right? 

Yes, I only saved it. I'll get back to it once the embassy contacts me

4 minutes ago, Fernanda R Sanz said:

I know options vary depending the beneficiary country. I'm trying to know how it works for Argentina in advance, because I'm affraid not being able to cancel or go back if the only options are credit or debit card...

This is what it says in the P3. I would double check the amount because I think that is wrong. I think it is $265.

FEES

The current K1/ K2/K3/K4 visa fee is U$S 240 for each applicant. You can pay your application fee on-line at https://ceac.state, go v/qenniv/ before the interview; or at the Consular section on the day of your interview.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

29 minutes ago, justlove said:

Our interview date is March 14. Is it OK to do my medical exam on Monday. Is it too early? Do I have to do it 2-3 weeks before my interview date? 

You can do it then but keep in mind that your visa validity date is based on the medical exam date and not the approval or issue date. So if you do it 2-3 weeks before you loose 2-3 weeks validity. One doesn't know if medical exam will cause a delay impacting the total time you have to get to a US POE. Just saying.

You really should be asking embassy specific questions in the sub-forum for the Philippines. With every embassy process different the others do really expect someone from German, Spain or Norway to know the answer to your questions. My opinion.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

3 hours ago, M and Ed said:

3 hours ago, Fernanda R Sanz said:

Here is thee P3 for Argentina:

Next, this is the Argentina US Embassy webpage:

https://ar.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee/am-i-eligible/

This the VJ web portal

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Argentina&cty=Buenos_Aires

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Wondering if anyone knows how long it takes generally for the embassy to contact you with Packet 3? The DHL tracking says my case arrived on Thursday morning at the Montreal embassy but the ceac website still says “in transit” still. If I don’t hear anything by next week should I try calling the embassy? Thanks in advance :) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Kkimpala said:

Wondering if anyone knows how long it takes generally for the embassy to contact you with Packet 3? The DHL tracking says my case arrived on Thursday morning at the Montreal embassy but the ceac website still says “in transit” still. If I don’t hear anything by next week should I try calling the embassy? Thanks in advance :) 

Same thing with my case still "In transit" in CEAC though DHL tracking says signed and delivered 😦

US Date of Entry:                                 05/11/2019

Date of Marriage:                                06/28/2019
I-485 / I-765 / I-131 Sent :                  07/31/2019

I-485 / I-765 / I-131 Received:           08/01/2019

Credit Card Charged:                           08/05/2019
I-485 / I-765 / I-131 NOA1 :                08/05/2019    
Biometrics Letter Received :              08/16/2019
Biometrics Appointment Date :         08/29/2019

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.