Pelmeni

6 and 1/2 weeks at the NVC?

48 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Is this the  normal?  I've heard nothing since the NOA2. NVC has never contacted me.  I contacted them and got the MOS # but when I check online about the status "NO STATUS" every day now. I called again and they said "We don't do the Visas here. We just forward them." Then when I asked about why it's been there so long they said "It's a short review process here."  I asked "Is there anything wrong?"  She responded "No. It's just in the review process."  This seems like an extremely long short review process.  Is this the norm now in 2018? 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

it can take up to 8 weeks at NVC.

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Pelmeni said:

Is this the  normal?  I've heard nothing since the NOA2. NVC has never contacted me.  I contacted them and got the MOS # but when I check online about the status "NO STATUS" every day now. I called again and they said "We don't do the Visas here. We just forward them." Then when I asked about why it's been there so long they said "It's a short review process here."  I asked "Is there anything wrong?"  She responded "No. It's just in the review process."  This seems like an extremely long short review process.  Is this the norm now in 2018? 

You are a k1 you have case# now go start on your DS-160 pay visa fee schedule your appointment.
Case# is all you need. doesn't matter about your case at NVC. You ware wasting time waiting. Get on this. 

Do you know the procedure of your embassy. How to fill out DS-160, where to pay visa fee. Documents to gather.

@Debbiedoo 8 weeks for what they have their case#. They need not bother with NVC now.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline
54 minutes ago, dwheels76 said:

You are a k1 you have case# now go start on your DS-160 pay visa fee schedule your appointment.
Case# is all you need. doesn't matter about your case at NVC. You ware wasting time waiting. Get on this. 

Do you know the procedure of your embassy. How to fill out DS-160, where to pay visa fee. Documents to gather.

@Debbiedoo 8 weeks for what they have their case#. They need not bother with NVC now.

Thanks Debbiedoo and dwheels76. We completed the DS-160 on November 12 as soon as I got the MOS number from the NVC and we paid the visa fee, too. We thought all was good and the Russian consulate said they were going to schedule him an interview on December 10th but then sent him an email saying that they don't have him in their system yet and that he can't schedule an interview until they do. So, we thought we are waiting on the NVC to send the consulate the appliction? He gave him the MOS number and the WAC number but don't have him in their records. I have already gathered and sent him all the documents that he needs. The affidavit of support and everything on the list that is required and even extra. He is prepared, too, with having gotten the police clearance and taken all the vaccinations from his doctor that he could so that we wouldn't have to pay at the consulate. 

Thanks

Timeline
1 hour ago, debbiedoo said:

it can take up to 8 weeks at NVC.

1 hour ago, dwheels76 said:

I check every day with the MOS# on the Ceac but it says it's not a valid ID and when I check with the DS-160 application AA# then it says no status. So I assumed it's not showing up in their system because the NVC hasn't sent it to Moscow. Thanks, everyone. I truly appreciate all your thoughts. I haven't seen him since August of 2017 and it's getting to me especially during the holidays. :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Aww im sorry to hear that!

Its my belief CEAC should say "At NVC" if its still at NVC, it will say "In Transit" when it will be sent to beneficiaries country. The fact that your says invalid ID is odd...are you checking Nonimmigrant visa box when you check on CEAC? Might be why its giving you "Invalid"?

Otherwise, keep calling NVC daily to check for updates!

Edited by KKat55

58 minutes ago, KKat55 said:

Aww im sorry to hear that!

Its my belief CEAC should say "At NVC" if its still at NVC, it will say "In Transit" when it will be sent to beneficiaries country. The fact that your says invalid ID is odd...are you checking Nonimmigrant visa box when you check on CEAC? Might be why its giving you "Invalid"?

Otherwise, keep calling NVC daily to check for updates!

That was exactly my thought.  You will not get a valid result on the CEAC unless you search under nonimmigrant.

Timeline
5 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

That was exactly my thought.  You will not get a valid result on the CEAC unless you search under nonimmigrant.

Yes, I'm checking NON-immigrant and it gives me 'invalid application ID or case #' but when I check immigrant it says at NVC and directs me to a site that says choose an agent, etc.  I'm concerned they could have mishandled it somehow. They said they would send me an email with instructions when they've processed it but so far nothing and I'm concerned also with the 'invalid' response.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Pelmeni said:

Yes, I'm checking NON-immigrant and it gives me 'invalid application ID or case #' but when I check immigrant it says at NVC and directs me to a site that says choose an agent, etc.  I'm concerned they could have mishandled it somehow. They said they would send me an email with instructions when they've processed it but so far nothing and I'm concerned also with the 'invalid' response.

I think you need to make sure you get NVC on the phone, daily until this is resolved. Stress the abnormal wait. 

It could also mean that the beneficiaries country is not ready to receive the case. Have you checked out timelines of your country-specific folks who are in the same stage as you?

Timeline
1 minute ago, KKat55 said:

Also, make sure your fiance is checking their email! They will notify him if the country received the case, not you. And email the set of instructions. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
21 hours ago, Pelmeni said:

THey tell you 8 weeks is the max that it will stay at NVC but in reality it shouldn't take that long. NVC does very little processing with the cases, they check to make sure that it has been stamped by USCIS and they also check to make sure the 3 criminal questions have been answered.  If one of those are missing, its sent back to USCIS.  Mine was stuck at NVC for about 4 weeks.  Its a fight but I eventually got a level 2 supervisor on the phone who was very helpful and told me what they do at NVC.  When you get the first call service rep on the phone, ask for their supervisor, then ask that person for their supervisor and his name is Todd.  He can see more in the system then what the front line reps can see.  He also has the ability to pull your case and see exactly what was going on (he didnt do this in my situation becuase he didn't want to take it out of the process and he said it was too early to do that and it could slow it down)  However, he took down my information ,researched what was going on, and then called me back later that day.  When my case was finally sent away from NVC he called me to let me know it was in transit.  It will prob take multiple phone calls to get transfered to him and you will have to be persistent but if you have the time and patience he can probably let you know whats going on.  He can give you alot more information then what the front line reps can give you.

I called NVC everyday when my application was sent to them. It took about 2 weeks to obtain my case and invoice number and about another week for it to be sent to the country where my fiance is. Once you have the case number and have completed your DS-160 and paid the fee, you should be able to schedule your biometrics online and your interview appt at: https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/

IF you have not already set up your acct, then do so here or if you did this should allow you to schedule everything. I know every country is different but I dont think it should be an issue with scheduling online your interview date. Best of luck to you both!! 

Timeline
2 hours ago, KKat55 said:

Also, make sure your fiance is checking their email! They will notify him if the country received the case, not you. And email the set of instructions. 

This is crazy.  I finally got someone from nonimmigrant NVC.  They said they DO NOT send emails!  They only send letters and will send one to me.  That's not what they told me weeks ago.  Also, they'd gotten my email wrong!  I know I did it properly because I reviewed many times and I've got my copy and it was typed not printed.  They put in the number '1' in place of the letter 'L'.  Her comment was that it doesn't matter that it was incorrect because they don't send emails, anyway, but said she'd correct it.  I'm not confident that she did. She said they have it at the NVC and there's no time limit. So I had one lady saying they send emails and not a letter and one saying they send a letter and not emails. It looks like I'll be calling back.

Timeline
3 hours ago, KKat55 said:

I meant the beneficiaries country will email him, so Russia should notify him when the case is there. 

But the NVC responses are still weird!! Try to reach a supervisor!

Edited by KKat55

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

K1 visas go under immigrant category on ceac website. If it says “at NVC”, it’s because it’s at NVC and they haven’t sent it to the embassy yet. Once they do, it’ll change to “in transit” and then “ready”.

You can’t check your case on the website using your DS number btw.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.