33 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

my case is under administrative processing since Jan 2016. my wife finally hired a lawyer and filled a writ of mandamus. i need to know will this writ be helpful? embassy has my passport and i have never got any slip (white / blue) from embassy.  has anyone experienced the consequences of the writ of mandamus>? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

They are now forced to make a decision based on the data in front of them.  If a namecheck hasn't returned they will deny the visa.  That is their only option at this point, waiting is no longer an option.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

7 hours ago, zainrafique said:

my case is under administrative processing since Jan 2016. my wife finally hired a lawyer and filled a writ of mandamus. i need to know will this writ be helpful? embassy has my passport and i have never got any slip (white / blue) from embassy.  has anyone experienced the consequences of the writ of mandamus>? 

They will most likelt issue the visa within 2 months. I know a lawyer who has filed 300 of these. 99 percent of the time the case dosent go to trial and Visa is issued. Good luck and keep us posted. 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
2 hours ago, salhasl said:

They will most likelt issue the visa within 2 months. I know a lawyer who has filed 300 of these. 99 percent of the time the case dosent go to trial and Visa is issued. Good luck and keep us posted. 

Plz tell me the name & contact no & address of that lawyer 

thankx

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 11/13/2018 at 7:05 AM, zainrafique said:

Any success with the writ of mandamus?

• 2 weeks later...

My husband has been in Administrative Processing since June 2018. We too are thinking on writ of mandamus.... do you really have to be in Administrative Processing for 1 year from interview to try?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
On 11/13/2018 at 10:05 AM, zainrafique said:

Hey there. How did it go? Did you get your visa?

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/14/2018 at 5:01 AM, salhasl said:

@salhasl Could you please post the name/contact info of that lawyer? Thank you.

• 2 months later...
On 11/13/2018 at 10:20 AM, NigeriaorBust said:

They are now forced to make a decision based on the data in front of them.  If a namecheck hasn't returned they will deny the visa.  That is their only option at this point, waiting is no longer an option.

Way to go on spreading fear and wrong information... Absolutely false and contrary to what many lawyers told me.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, pooch1986 said:

Way to go on spreading fear and wrong information... Absolutely false and contrary to what many lawyers told me.

The writ forces a decision , which will be made based of what is in hand.  It does not force a positive decision only a decision.  If immigration does not yet have the data to approve it will force a denial  

One thing to be said about people and a lot of immigration lawyers     A fool and his money are soon parted .

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

My wife wasted 3500$ for writ of mandamus. So I suggest other people not to waste their money. Lawyers will fool you to sell their services. I think their is a zero percent success rate , it's better to keep waiting and be in touch with senator and embassy. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.