redcat56

EAD EXPEDITED --- SELF EMPLOYED + SUPER BUSY

17 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi

We have submitted the AOS packet, it has been received and we are just now starting the process. I run my own business and my husband has been working with me with our team. The huge issue I have, is he cannot drive until he gets his EAD card to get his drivers license. I literally am a taxi driving him to and from our projects all day, grabbing supplies. I literally can only work 60-75% of my day, the rest is driving to drop him off, pick him up. We work in residential design and construction---so different locations every week.

It is causing me so much stress there have been some days I think --just let him drive, but I would never do it .

Do you think this would be a reason to get the EAD expedited? We need him to drive so I can be more efficient at running our business. I am literally losing money because I am not able to work full time---and our business is booming .I feel like I may need to just accept it as it is for the next few months. 

Edited by redcat56

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Begs the question what you did on the I9?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Yes---he has a job offer----from me. Its not I-9 its 1099 .I get your above points. My husband is occasionally helping out his wife----I am not paying him .

The question is---can we expedite on the basis we have contracts we cannot accept because he cannot work. What would the difference be from him working for me versus having a job offer? 

Edited by redcat56

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I thought he was working?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
15 minutes ago, ThomasNC1988 said:

Just so I follow you. Your reason to for expedited is because him working illegally is hard on you? Doesn't sound like a winner.

No---the basis is we cannot accept further contracts because he cannot work. We have work offers we have to decline. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
11 minutes ago, redcat56 said:

No---the basis is we cannot accept further contracts because he cannot work. We have work offers we have to decline. 

Best way to find out is to try.

1 hour ago, redcat56 said:

He is not earning any income. 

Point being...? Work is work regardless of pay (are unpaid interns not working?).

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Don't listen to the naysayers, just call and say that you need your husband to be able to drive because you are losing money in your business so you need an expedite. Or have him apply to a job near you and get a written job offer so that you can expedite.  He will not take that job, but use it as a job offer to expedite.  

2 minutes ago, Tilde333 said:

He will not take that job, but use it as a job offer to expedite.  

That would involve lying to USCIS...

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Tilde333 said:

Don't listen to the naysayers, just call and say that you need your husband to be able to drive because you are losing money in your business so you need an expedite. Or have him apply to a job near you and get a written job offer so that you can expedite.  He will not take that job, but use it as a job offer to expedite.  

Agree----We received the  receipt letter for the EAD today and I am going to go ahead and apply for the expedition. We really ARE losing money---and I have a list of over 20 clients I literally can't take. I will send copies of everything. Being self employed is so different---but I am going to apply. Thanks for your support. 

On 11/4/2018 at 9:56 PM, redcat56 said:

He is not earning any income. 

Like a slave?   

Working =/= earning income 

Would you pay someone who is not your husband to do this job?  Could you hire someone else until he is allowed to work?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

you are breaking the law.

what part of he CAN NOT WORK UNTIL HE HAS EAD OR AOS is hard to understand? It does not matter if he is being paid or not.

While in some cases a job offer will help in the expedite of an EAD, a job offer from his spouse, based on the fact you need more money, will NOT help. As the sponsor you are supposed to be making more than enough to support you and financial hardship (whether personally or through business) is not a solid case.

Hire someone with a drivers license and you can accept those contracts. that is how the government will see it.

Edited by debbiedoo

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

On 11/6/2018 at 8:24 PM, Tilde333 said:

As per the Terms of Service of this site, please do not advocate lying or committing any acts of fraud in posts.

Immigration is already difficult as it is and there are too many that want to make it worse for everyone wanting to do things the right way. Advocating lying or fraud only gives them ammunition.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.