JMCKNG

November 2018 AOS Filers

3,118 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Just dropping in to say we are sending our package out tomorrow. I'm spending this afternoon triple-checking all the forms and documents needed. It's taken quite a while to get to this point!

Good luck to all of us!

Hi!

We're sending our forms off tomorrow! A bit anxious but only because I want the forms there already so I don't have to worry about them.

ROC Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

05/16/19 - Green Card Issue Date

03/10/21 - Sent ROC paperwork to Phoenix, AZ | USPS 2-Day Shipping

04/07/21 - NOA1 Text Messages Received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Hey all, just an fyi: if your record isn't showing up on the i-94 website, try using the red numbers that are shown on the US visa on the passport in place of the passport # (ours is an 8-digit number which starts with "n"). There were no records found when I first went to find our i-94 so then I called the closest CBP officer who said that sometimes they use the other # instead of the passport for entry. 

K1 Timeline

01/10/2018: I-129 Filed from Raleigh, NC

02/20/2018: I-129F NOA1

09/05/2018: I-129F NOA2 (Finally 😍)

02/24/2018: NVC Received, Case & Invoice # assigned

10/02/2018: Case in Transit

10/11/2018: Beirut Embassy Received (case READY)

10/24/2018: Interview (Approved!)

10/26/2018: Visa in Hand! 🙌

11/01/2018: POE (Washington, DC) ✈️

11/28/2018: Court Marriage 👩‍⚖️

12/01/2018: Wedding! 👰❤️🤵

AOS Timeline

12/26/2018: Filed for AOS at Raleigh, NC 

01/02/2019: Fingerprint Fee Received

01/30/2019: Biometrics Apt/Fingerprints done

04/05/2019: Interview Ready to Be Scheduled for I-485 😬

04/12/2019: Interview is Scheduled 

05/17/2019: Interview

05/17/2019: New Card being Produced :dance:

We feel quite lucky since everything seems to be chugging along quite nicely 😊

Got a delivery notice of our package earlier this morning and we're expecting our NOA1 by the end of the week. My husband has his drivers licence, he just got his health insurance card,  he has his social security card, and he's on my bank account. Besides getting used to living with another person, everything has been relatively painless. Everyone we've talked to has been eager to help us out. We feel way more prepared for what is coming than we ever did with the I-129F.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hi guys,

We will be joining you shortly here, or I hope. :D Got married more than a month ago, got a SSN, visited a civil surgeon for a sealed I-693, but couldn't make myself finish with the AOS package for weeks... Tomorrow is exactly a year since I-129F NOA1 and it just hit me, it didn't stop, so much paperwork is ahead. 

9 minutes ago, LenaT said:

Hi guys,

We will be joining you shortly here, or I hope. :D Got married more than a month ago, got a SSN, visited a civil surgeon for a sealed I-693, but couldn't make myself finish with the AOS package for weeks... Tomorrow is exactly a year since I-129F NOA1 and it just hit me, it didn't stop, so much paperwork is ahead. 

How come you redid your medical? A photocopy of your recent (within a year) DS3025 would have sufficed....

Timeline
1 minute ago, K1visaHopeful said:

How come you redid your medical? A photocopy of your recent (within a year) DS3025 would have sufficed....

My DS-3025 didn't have complete in it... I still have no idea why, but the doctor in Moscow marked that I refused getting vaccinated at the exam (yeah, I had all the vaccines already!) so we decided to play safe and get I-693 to avoid RFE.

Just now, LenaT said:

My DS-3025 didn't have complete in it... I still have no idea why, but the doctor in Moscow marked that I refused getting vaccinated at the exam (yeah, I had all the vaccines already!) so we decided to play safe and get I-693 to avoid RFE.

Man why didnt you deal with that back home? That's a lot of money down the drain.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Man why didnt you deal with that back home? That's a lot of money down the drain.

Not as much as it could be! The whole paper would be $900, which is insane! Only paid for the visit, flu shot and a new test they require since October 1, 2018. 

But yeah..my bad. I didn't know about the whole Complete thing before I came here and started digging into it. The doctor told me everything is great and I looked through and didn't see anything suspicious really..

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Lebanon
Timeline

I asked this question before but I wanted to double check on one more thing. I am the USC, I am planning to change my last name after marriage.  For AOS and i-864 application, should I be putting his last name even though it will not match my passport and birth certificate maiden name? the marriage certificate is the only document that will have his last name, everything else is my maiden name. is that going to cause any issues?

AOS/EAD/AP ->: 11/29/18 - NOA1: 12/04/18

Biometric NOA:  12/14/18  Biometric Appt: 12/26/18

Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview: 1/16/19

EAD/AP approval: 3/18/19

AOS Interview Appt: 6/4/19

AOS Interview: 7/10/19

AOS Approved: 7/23/19

GREEN CARD IN HAND: 7/26/19

"It's true, we don't have it as easy as ordinary couples. But this is no ordinary love"

58 minutes ago, Lebanese23 said:

I asked this question before but I wanted to double check on one more thing. I am the USC, I am planning to change my last name after marriage.  For AOS and i-864 application, should I be putting his last name even though it will not match my passport and birth certificate maiden name? the marriage certificate is the only document that will have his last name, everything else is my maiden name. is that going to cause any issues?

If you want to go by your husband's surname after marriage, you will fill out all of the forms in your new married name even though none of your documents are in that name. 

The only document that ANYONE has to prove name change is the Marriage Certificate. That alone is enough.

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello everyone so I sent my package off on the 9th and it was me delivered on the 11th. I sent the email and text form to get an alert. So I am basically waiting. I sent pictures, joint bank account, credit card we have together, ring receipts, hotel receipts, wats app messages, mail coming to us at same address etc. I also sent the medical just to be safe. I live in New Jersey field office is Newark. Me and my husband dated for a year and we got married for our anniversary. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Lebanon
Timeline

I am finally getting my paperwork together to be sent off sometime next week.  few questions below:

Do I(the petitioner) need passport photos submitted with I-864?

Do I also need to submit W-2 with my IRS Transcript 2017? I'm only submitting most recent.

Edited by Lebanese23

AOS/EAD/AP ->: 11/29/18 - NOA1: 12/04/18

Biometric NOA:  12/14/18  Biometric Appt: 12/26/18

Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview: 1/16/19

EAD/AP approval: 3/18/19

AOS Interview Appt: 6/4/19

AOS Interview: 7/10/19

AOS Approved: 7/23/19

GREEN CARD IN HAND: 7/26/19

"It's true, we don't have it as easy as ordinary couples. But this is no ordinary love"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.