JMCKNG

November 2018 AOS Filers

3,118 posts in this topic

55 minutes ago, rrobin0609 said:

I've been scanning the app over the last few days and I've noticed more movement for AOS in the 500 cases before us than I have for the EAD/AP for the same data set. Its pretty much dead for the 500 cases after us on AOS, EAD, and AP.

I'm starting to look to see if I can extract the app data into a .csv for analysis. There's gotta be a way that I'm not seeing. I would happily look at a sample size of 5000-10000 cases. Its been a good two years since I did anything with data science and data mining, but I'm sure I could re-learn it pretty quick.

Omg that sounds like an awesome idea! Can you share how to download the data? 

There's also this website called mycasetracker.org that does a lot of the USCIS case scanning. But I'm not sure how accurate it is because it's not showing a lot of approvals for even like from august 2018. Unless I'm not interpreting their data and graphs correctly.

Since you have more data background, maybe you could also give that a try and see if you can make sense of it? Let us know how it goes!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
8 minutes ago, rrobin0609 said:

I left and app review saying I wish I could export data and one of the developers told me how to do it 😂 Its gonna be a data party tonight!

Edit: Oh wait, its for my cases only. Sad day.

Do you think you could export data from the app for the EAD? I know it’d be such a lot of work but could be something really valuable and appreciated...

Edited by jakejon

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Ire said:

Hi everyone! I just got a notification from the app (casetracker) saying: case approved in both AP and EAD

November 21st. 

Stay strong! 

Congratulations! I’m from Sacramento also.

Edited by Pengunista

2 minutes ago, Chochosun said:

Omg that sounds like an awesome idea! Can you share how to download the data? 

There's also this website called mycasetracker.org that does a lot of the USCIS case scanning. But I'm not sure how accurate it is because it's not showing a lot of approvals for even like from august 2018. Unless I'm not interpreting their data and graphs correctly.

Since you have more data background, maybe you could also give that a try and see if you can make sense of it? Let us know how it goes!

I re-read what the developer said and I can only export my cases, but when I did it, it will send all recent search results, too. If you go to the resources page, the top right there is a "share" button. It will sent the information to you in an email. The way it sends it is going to be a hassle to clean. Might have an approval before I finish doing that 😂

1 minute ago, jakejon said:

Do you think you could export data from the app for the EAD? I know it’d be such a lot of work but could be something really valuable and appreciated...

Ideally, I'd do both EAD and AOS. I could do AP too, but from what I've seen less people are concerned about that one.

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline
49 minutes ago, jakejon said:

No movement around my date. I’m just baffled at how the dates are all over the place. I mean they should honour their first come first served basis and actually work on their backlog or even divert some out to Potomac like a 2nd time EAD’er yesterday!

As it stands there are many September and October filers still waiting. I don’t even want to suggest August although logically of course anyone before Sept 22nd can put a case enquiry in. 

I think something has got to give with their processing and hopefully it works out quicker for everyone! ❤️

I think it is absolutely random at this point. I have talked to so many officers and I think that yes there is a general sense of first come first serve but with a perspective to the month and not each individual applicant. Fun fact my expedite request was denied and then my card was approved. What can I say they have a unique way of working.  

Timeline
16 minutes ago, LisaLisa said:

I think it is absolutely random at this point. I have talked to so many officers and I think that yes there is a general sense of first come first serve but with a perspective to the month and not each individual applicant. Fun fact my expedite request was denied and then my card was approved. What can I say they have a unique way of working.  

I don’t even know and have stopped torturing myself to try to understand logic. That’s awesome about your approval! One minute deny your expedite, then next approve you naturally. Either way at least it won’t complicate your work situation/health insurance that you spoke about 😊

Timeline
Just now, jakejon said:

I don’t even know and have stopped torturing myself to try to understand logic. That’s awesome about your approval! One minute deny your expedite, then next approve you naturally. Either way at least it won’t complicate your work situation/health insurance that you spoke about 😊

I know I am about to get my wife in for all her exams!!!!!

The mycasetracker.org is pretty nice, and it means I don't have to export the data myself (which I was doing over my lunch, but then my IP address was locked out both on wifi and data). It can pull a max of 99999 records and it has a pretty nice output too! I'll create some graphs off it tonight (unless I give up today at work, which is pretty likely) since I know everyone likes seeing different data in different ways. I'll see if I can find the right combo to pull all of September, October, November, and December, then separate them by months. I can update the data every week or so, too, so we can see how much progress is being made with each month.

Timeline

I just checked out my case tracker.org and seen this link http://www.mycasetracker.org/index.php?dest=center

Stats, graphs etc make my mind melt into absolute happiness.

Aren’t these graphs so interesting on the above link? 😍

Edited by jakejon

Timeline
45 minutes ago, rrobin0609 said:

The mycasetracker.org is pretty nice, and it means I don't have to export the data myself (which I was doing over my lunch, but then my IP address was locked out both on wifi and data). It can pull a max of 99999 records and it has a pretty nice output too! I'll create some graphs off it tonight (unless I give up today at work, which is pretty likely) since I know everyone likes seeing different data in different ways. I'll see if I can find the right combo to pull all of September, October, November, and December, then separate them by months. I can update the data every week or so, too, so we can see how much progress is being made with each month.

The breakdown of cases makes me very nosey too on the website 🤣

Edited by jakejon

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Just checked my case app and I am ready to be scheduled for an interview. I wish it was my ead that was approved but thank God for some movement. I filed without a lawyer and I was really worried that I had done something wrong. 

Timeline
5 hours ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

Is it wrong that I'm having a fit of rage because someone from my same local office who filed a month and a half after us, already has the interview scheduled while we're stuck on "fingerprint fee received"? 😠 It is totally not right. Feels exactly like when someone jumps the queue. And I can't do a thing! I feel angry, frustrated and powerless. I know I'm not the only one experiencing this, but this delay makes me feel singled out. 

On a more positive note, thanks so much to rrobin0609 and Derlon, for sharing their decoration/ remodeling pics. 🙌 I'm totally obsessed with decorating our home and truth to be told, I'm dying about traveling, to get stuff for the house. :P Meanwhile, we'll keep on buying at Home Depot and Ikea.

P.S.: How do I tag members on a post?

So listen to this I filed in November 9th for AOS in Detroit filed office. And this dude that filed on Jan 20 already has had the interview. First come first serve my ###. And I am still here thanking god I got the EAD.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.