BJ & Christine

November 2018 I-129 Filers

1,040 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Stel0&Ari said:

I have to be honest with you my friend is not easy. The waiting time is hard but when I see all those people that applied before me and they are still waiting I say “Well I am not there yet to complain” 😅 I have seen a lot of people from august getting approved which is nice to know that we are just 3 months down the line of waiting🙃.

Hopefully we get our chance to be approved soon too. 

You just have to be prepared whether you get approved sooner or much later. The latter is not very pleasent but you have to be prepared in your attitude and in your mind that your approval will come at some point.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline

My fiancé sent in our petition in October but forgot to sign it so they returned it for him to sign. All the papers had some kind of serial number printed at the bottom and a paper stating to leave everything as it is, just sign it and re-send it, but also to include that paper at the very front of it. (Hope I'm making myself clear here) Does anyone know the reason for this? What was the purpose of the paper he had to put at the front? 

1 hour ago, Pinda said:

My fiancé sent in our petition in October but forgot to sign it so they returned it for him to sign. All the papers had some kind of serial number printed at the bottom and a paper stating to leave everything as it is, just sign it and re-send it, but also to include that paper at the very front of it. (Hope I'm making myself clear here) Does anyone know the reason for this? What was the purpose of the paper he had to put at the front? 

He received what is referred to as a 221(g) and the letter attached to the information just lets the adjudicator know what was asked for without having to go into their computer and look up the information. This just slows you down a bit but is nothing to worry about.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline
27 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

He received what is referred to as a 221(g) and the letter attached to the information just lets the adjudicator know what was asked for without having to go into their computer and look up the information. This just slows you down a bit but is nothing to worry about.

Oh thank you. I figured it was nothing major I was just curious. 😊

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Meanwhile waiting I'm reading about the next steps and i have a question about Affidavit of Support.

As I understand you should include your loans and mortgages in the form and the amount you pay for them.

How is meeting financial requirements considered?

Income before taxes and such payments or amount of money left after all these payments?

I hope my question is not confusing. I mean the situation when the petitioner has income that exceeds the poverty line, but after paying mortgage, loans, taxes etc. he is left with the money just on the edge of the required amount. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Hey Everyone, we did send everything on the second week of November and the case was received on 15th of November. Meanwhile its hard since i cant come to visit her, but at least she did come to visit me to Spain during Christmas. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Serbia
Timeline
38 minutes ago, Luis CP said:

Hey Everyone, we did send everything on the second week of November and the case was received on 15th of November. Meanwhile its hard since i cant come to visit her, but at least she did come to visit me to Spain during Christmas. 

We're all in the same or similar boat that's called distance and waiting time. It's rough but we all know why are we going thru this and that it's worth the current struggles. My fiance is coming here in March, haven't seen him since September so instead of thinking about time we have till our NOA2 I'm counting down the weeks till I see him again. It might not make sense but it's how I deal with waiting and it made these almost two months since we sent the petition just fly by. Try not to think about time till your visa, focus on other little milestones and joys of your relationship. 

57 minutes ago, SanjaAlex said:

We're all in the same or similar boat that's called distance and waiting time. It's rough but we all know why are we going thru this and that it's worth the current struggles. My fiance is coming here in March, haven't seen him since September so instead of thinking about time we have till our NOA2 I'm counting down the weeks till I see him again. It might not make sense but it's how I deal with waiting and it made these almost two months since we sent the petition just fly by. Try not to think about time till your visa, focus on other little milestones and joys of your relationship. 

Good attitude very good.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

3 hours ago, MMara said:

Meanwhile waiting I'm reading about the next steps and i have a question about Affidavit of Support.

As I understand you should include your loans and mortgages in the form and the amount you pay for them.

How is meeting financial requirements considered?

Income before taxes and such payments or amount of money left after all these payments?

I hope my question is not confusing. I mean the situation when the petitioner has income that exceeds the poverty line, but after paying mortgage, loans, taxes etc. he is left with the money just on the edge of the required amount. 

They ask for mortgage loan information only as this is an asset. They do not apply a "math equation" to the final income number. The main goal of this financial exercise is can the petitioner support the family size once married. Here is a more detailed but easy to understand explanation.

Before any fiancé can receive a K1 visa, the U.S. citizen petitioner must disclose his or her financial situation to the immigration authorities. The reason for this is to show that the petitioner earns enough money to support the immigrating fiancé and to prevent him or her from becoming a public charge (receiving welfare).

The U.S. citizen petitioner must fill out a USCIS form called an Affidavit of Support. There are two versions of this form I-134 and I-864. Sponsors of fiancés use Form I-134 and later when the immigrating fiancé applies for a green card Form I-864 is used. By filling out this form the U.S. citizen petitioner becomes what is known as a sponsor. If the U.S. citizen petitioner doesn’t meet the minimum income requirements additional people can serve as financial sponsors.

The minimum financial requirements for Affidavits of Support are determined by the U.S. government’s Poverty Guidelines chart, found below and on USCIS Form I-864P.

Green card applicants must show that their sponsor can support them at 125% of the Poverty Guidelines.

On the other hand, fiancé visa applicants only need to show that their sponsor can support them at 100% of the Poverty Guidelines. However, some consular officers are very strict when processing fiancé visas, and consider the 125% level that will be required a few months later when the immigrating fiancé applies for a green card.

How to Read the Poverty Guidelines Chart

The sponsor’s income must be enough to support the people who depend financially on the sponsor (dependents). To determine the dependents who must be included add up the following:

• the sponsor
  • the currently immigrating fiancé and any immigrating children
  • any other immigrants the sponsor has sponsored in the past, and
  • all family members listed as dependents on the sponsor’s tax return.

Once you have determined the number of dependents, refer to the Poverty Guidelines charts below to determine the minimum financial requirements for a K1 fiancé visa.

https://www.uscis.gov/i-864p

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
On 1/21/2019 at 10:32 PM, HandN11213 said:

New here, recieved my NOA1 Nov 16th. Going onto three months of waiting. Time has been flying  👍🏾 

Officially we are not babies anymore😂. We just entered our third month waiting for our NOA 2. September fillers are getting approved on a steady pace and one lucky guy from Oct got already his NOA2. Our VJ timeline is getting shorter as well based on this information.  I hope everyone is doing well, we are half way there for the NOA2. 

🏻

1 hour ago, DCMxFEA said:

hello all! So thrilled to find this thread :) goodluck to us all, hoping for a smooth process.

Welcome. We are glad you are with us. If you have any questions along the please ask.  I would like to ask one thing of you.

Many of our answers are predicated on the information you supply in your profile. When we look at the left column and can't determine your timeline OR your Embassy it's hard for us to give you a factual answer. If you look at the profile of others here, they have a flag for their country, so it makes it easy for us to reply as we can quickly determine your Embassy. Our answers will sometimes be tailored to a specific Embassy hence the reason for you to complete your profile.

So, if you could help yourself out and complete your profile that sure would help us out when we want to reply to your question with factual information.

Go to the top right of this page select your name (it's on the upper right-hand corner)>my profile>[below your picture on the right column] edit my profile. Scroll to the bottom and fill in "Immigration Info". There now we can better serve you.

Thanks

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 2/4/2019 at 2:44 PM, Greenbaum said:

Welcome. We are glad you are with us. If you have any questions along the please ask.  I would like to ask one thing of you.

Many of our answers are predicated on the information you supply in your profile. When we look at the left column and can't determine your timeline OR your Embassy it's hard for us to give you a factual answer. If you look at the profile of others here, they have a flag for their country, so it makes it easy for us to reply as we can quickly determine your Embassy. Our answers will sometimes be tailored to a specific Embassy hence the reason for you to complete your profile.

So, if you could help yourself out and complete your profile that sure would help us out when we want to reply to your question with factual information.

Go to the top right of this page select your name (it's on the upper right-hand corner)>my profile>[below your picture on the right column] edit my profile. Scroll to the bottom and fill in "Immigration Info". There now we can better serve you.

Thanks

Done! Actually, I'm not living in the Philippines at the moment. Still hoping I can have insights as we go along this journey. Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.