1,969 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, lfl said:

I finally had my interview today, they combined my I-751 and N-400, which is why they stalled my I-751 so much since filing. First they asked my husband some questions about me (simple stuff, my name,my date of birth, my job, if we have joint accounts, our wedding date, where we met, they asked me pretty much the same stuff). I brought some new documents, from our new home purchase, mortgage and our son's birth certificate. They asked me for photos but I didn't bring any, thought it wasn't relevant but I guess I should've brought some. Either way they told me that was approved and then had the civics test. Interestingly, they kept asking me questions about my husband in between after being told I was approved. 

Then they told me both were approved but they can't technically approve them on same day so they'll put the approval for my citizenship in tomorrow. 

It was pretty straightforward overall, I studied a lot for the civics test (probably too much, haha). Since I filed I got zero communication until the interview notices two weeks ago. Very happy that we are done with our immigration journey 😊.

congratulations!
can you pls share 
which FO, and did you just received notice on mail or u find update online as well
when u applied for I751 and N400 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
2 hours ago, Jensti said:

Yeah I meant whats your local field office? 
i heard it could be over a year if its a busy one. Just hope thats not the case 

yes you are right, it all depends on the local office, mine is Atlanta.

How long have you been waiting to be scheduled for an interview?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
On 3/19/2021 at 12:12 PM, MMarco said:

congratulations!
can you pls share 
which FO, and did you just received notice on mail or u find update online as well
when u applied for I751 and N400 

Yes, it was the Brooklyn Field Office in NY, so it's a super busy office. I got the mail before the update, and the update online only popped up on my N-400, my I-751 didn't update until after the approval. I applied for I-751 on November 2018 and N-400 on November 2019.

Edit: Forgot to say, I got the notice for the N-400 in the mail first too, then got a call from USCIS letting me know they were combining both interviews and sending me the other notice 

Edited by lfl

8 hours ago, lfl said:

Yes, it was the Brooklyn Field Office in NY, so it's a super busy office. I got the mail before the update, and the update online only popped up on my N-400, my I-751 didn't update until after the approval. I applied for I-751 on November 2018 and N-400 on November 2019.

Edit: Forgot to say, I got the notice for the N-400 in the mail first too, then got a call from USCIS letting me know they were combining both interviews and sending me the other notice 

thanks 

• 1 month later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 3/19/2021 at 10:28 AM, manoni said:

I think it is the NBC, then send it to your local field office to conduct your interview.

Hi all We finally got our interview scheduled after receiving an RFE anyone has any experiences of what to expect. We didn’t use a lawyer through the previous process but since now everything is so crazy we decided to bring a lawyer. Didn’t apply for citizenship either because we though it would delay the process. 

After 29 months and 6 days of filling, countless unanswered queries, and a rejected ombudsman's inquiry, we received a notification out of the blue that our card is being produced.

We were initially told that our i751 will be processed with N400 but no update on N400 so far. 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

5 hours ago, Eddy Haas said:

we received a notification out of the blue that our card is being produced

Congratulations!!

For my Nov-2018 filed I-751, later changed to waiver petition, the status was I have an interview ready to be scheduled with local office, and per USCIS, the processing times should be looked at under "All Field Offices"

Did you all know?? 

Until yesterday the receipt date for case inquiry was Dec 03, 2018. It showed a max of 29 months. I already had sent multiple inquiry and another inquiry via my local congressperson, but now they have PULLED BACK THE PROCESSING TIME TO MAY 2018!! MAX TIME IS 35 MONTHS!!! WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON??? THEY PULLED IT BACK BY 6 MONTHS! WHY??!! FRUSTRATED AND ANGRY!

Edited by ie1059

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/23/2021 at 11:58 AM, ie1059 said:

Congratulations!!

For my Nov-2018 filed I-751, later changed to waiver petition, the status was I have an interview ready to be scheduled with local office, and per USCIS, the processing times should be looked at under "All Field Offices"

Did you all know?? 

Until yesterday the receipt date for case inquiry was Dec 03, 2018. It showed a max of 29 months. I already had sent multiple inquiry and another inquiry via my local congressperson, but now they have PULLED BACK THE PROCESSING TIME TO MAY 2018!! MAX TIME IS 35 MONTHS!!! WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON??? THEY PULLED IT BACK BY 6 MONTHS! WHY??!! FRUSTRATED AND ANGRY!

Hello, have you had your interview yet?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 5/21/2021 at 11:40 AM, bumblebee7640 said:

Hi,

I will have my N400 interview next week. I already has my 10 year green card. Do I need to bring my spose with me?

I suggest you take you spouse with you as I assume  you are applying for citizenship based on marriage. 

Edited by M@K12

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey Guys, 

Just want to say I finally got approved for my 10 year GC we went for an interview after doing an Aos back in 2017 however we got an RFE and was scheduled this time around for i751. The questions were basic like Aos general things on the form and we were out of there in a bout 15 minutes. Later that day it changed to new card being produced. So happy this journey is over will apply for citizenship next 

Nov 30th 2018 Filer 

GC approved June 7th 2021 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.