1,969 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 minutes ago, mmkshah said:

Thank you. I will try that if doesn’t work.

When will yours expire? They’re only allowing appointments made 10 days before the letter expires. A few months ago it was 30 days 😞 

K1 Visa

Service Centre: California

Consulate: Manila, PH

01/21/16: I-129F sent

01/26/16: I-129F NOA1

04/06/16: I-129F RFE

04/22/16: RFE reply

05/06/16: I-129F NOA2

05/31/16: NVC Received, Date Case #, IIN and BIN assigned

06/05/16: NVC left

06/10/16: Consulate received

07/28/16 Interview Date **Approved!

08/05/16: Visa Received

08/13/16: US Entry

08/27/16: Tied the knot!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Adjustment of Status (AOS)

10/07/16: Aos filling date

10/11/16: Case received

10/25/16: NOA date

11/08/16: Biometrics Walk In at Buena Park (Was scheduled 11/14/16)

11/25/16: Case ready to be scheduled for an interview

01/03/17: Interview is Scheduled on Feb 07 (Day 84)

01/05/17: Interview letter received

01/07/17: EAD card is being produced (Day 88)

01/09/17: AP is approved (Day 90)

01/11/17: EAD card is mailed (Day 92)

01/13/17: AP approval letter received

01/14/17: Combo card received (Day 95)

02/07/17: Interview *Approved!

02/10/17: Greencard mailed

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
21 minutes ago, Paps and Dawna said:

When will yours expire? They’re only allowing appointments made 10 days before the letter expires. A few months ago it was 30 days 😞 

Its 30 days but with scheduled furlough not sure if there will be any appointments next month. Will keep trying till we get one.

12/26/2015 Got Married

Our CR1 Journey

2/4/2016 - I-130 file and documents mailed to Chicago Lockbox

2/9/2016 - Received NOA1 via text and email

2/15/2016 - Received NOA1 in mail

5/18/2016 to 6/1/2016 - Visited wife in india

8/11/2016 - Received NOA 2 via text and email :dancing: :dancing:

8/22/2016 - Received NOA 2 in mail

9/6/2016 - Case was sent to NVC (received text & email)

9/12/2016 - NVC received our Case from USCIS... wait continues for NVC case number

9/27/2016 - Submitted -261 and paid AOS fee

9/29/2016 - Received and paid IV fee

10/9/2016 - Submitted DS-260

10/15/2016 - AOS and IV package mailed to NVC

10/19/2016 - Scan Date

12/07/2016 - Case Completed

12/27/16 - Interview date received over the phone

12/30/16 - P4 letter received

02/03/2016 - Interview, VISA APPROVED!!!:jest::jest:

New update:

USCIS responded today to our "case out of normal processing time" query that we submitted in May.

They have officially combined our i751 with N400 and both applications will now be processed together. So, we will probably be interviewed for both the applications at once 

We did get our passport stamped and now we just hope and pray that our N400 would be processed in time.

Good luck all!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 8/13/2020 at 12:59 AM, Eddy Haas said:

Just posting our update:

After 3 months of back and forth with USCIS, 2 inquiries and an Ombudsman case still pending, we were asked to come to our local Houston office to get a 12 months stamp.

Immigration officer was very frank and open. We were told that our i751 will likely be processed along with N400. He also mentioned that we should be patient as processing is going to take "quite a while" but there are no issues with our case and it is just taking long time to process cases with Covid19 and looming budget cuts.

The concerning part was that he mentioned for us to "be patient and if the 12 month stamp expires before your combined interview then call us so we can give another extension so you can continue to live in the country and travel without any issues". 

There were several other people getting the stamp and being told the same story. At this point we have decided to just taking a step back and focus on a normal life. There is no point to constantly stressing over this as there may be a lot of delays going on.

I will post any other updates when we hopefully hear some good news. Best of luck and be patient!

Our cases (i751 and N400) are with Texas Service Center/NBC Lee Summit, MO.

have a question... since you mention the N400... does that mean the spouse that came over... 3 years after the day of landing in the US... they can apply for citizenship? my wife came here 2018- so by 2021 in her case?  we just started the I-751 process now. 

Edited by TonyK

3 minutes ago, TonyK said:

have a question... since you mention the N400... does that mean the spouse that came over... 3 years after the day of landing in the US... they can apply for citizenship? my wife came here 2018- so by 2021 in her case?  we just started the I-751 process now. 

I believe that you're eligible to file N400 after 33 months from the date your GC was issued.

• 2 weeks later...

After no updates since April 2019 (fingerprints applied to case) I finally got a notice saying Case was approved.

I was very much not expecting this after all this time, I definitely thought I’d get a RFE just cause all my evidence is from over 2 years ago. 
I filed at the California service Center In Nov 2018 and a few days ago I changed my address which I think prompted them to look at my case. 

Im unsure what instructions I’m meant to follow in the notice, does anyone know if this means something specific ?

On September 11, 2020, we approved your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number WAC1990xxxxxx. We sent you an approval notice. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your approval notice by September 26, 2020, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request. 

4 hours ago, washablemarkers said:

After no updates since April 2019 (fingerprints applied to case) I finally got a notice saying Case was approved.

I was very much not expecting this after all this time, I definitely thought I’d get a RFE just cause all my evidence is from over 2 years ago. 
I filed at the California service Center In Nov 2018 and a few days ago I changed my address which I think prompted them to look at my case. 

Im unsure what instructions I’m meant to follow in the notice, does anyone know if this means something specific ?

On September 11, 2020, we approved your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number WAC1990xxxxxx. We sent you an approval notice. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your approval notice by September 26, 2020, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request. 

congratulations,
can i ask what is your field office and did you applied for N400 as well? 

Timeline
On 9/12/2020 at 4:42 AM, washablemarkers said:

Congratulations!!!! This nightmare is over for you:) 
Tell us more about our case please. Waiver or not? Did you apply for n400? 
damn, 22 months for i751.....USCIS, are you ok there? 

I did joint filing in November 2018, my local field office is Seattle.
"
On November 21, 2018, we received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence". I remember needing to call to ask about my receipt notice and wasn't sent it til January 2019.

In January 2019 my green card expired.

In March 2019 I had an info pass appointment to get I551 stamp.

In April 2019 my case status read

"Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken
As of April 14, 2019, all of the fingerprints relating to your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number WAC1990xxxx, have been applied to your case. "

I didn't have a bio metrics appointment so I figured they used my fingerprints on file for when I had my previous bio metrics appointment in 2016 or they used my finger prints that I gave during my info pass appointment.

In August 2019 I was given an bio metrics appointment date. I was out of town and called to see if it could be rescheduled and I mentioned how my finger prints had already been applied to my case. They cancelled my bio metrics appointment saying I didn't need it (as they had my fingerprints).

In January 2020 I was sent a bio metrics appointment notice in the mail but did not receive the notice until 2 days after the appointment date. I called to reschedule and mentioned the previous situation surrounding my finger prints on file and cancelling of the appointment. I was told I still needed a bio metrics appointment and maybe my finger prints on file were too old.

So I had my bio metrics appointment rescheduled for March 3rd 2020 which ended up being the first day it was shut due to covid!!! so they rescheduled me for later in March but of course it remained shut.

In July my extension letter expired. On July 27th I filed an inquiry, I got a very generic reply on August 7th that said "Thank you for your inquiry.  We recognize your interest in the final adjudication of your pending application or petition and are aware of the difficulties caused by any delay in processing. We regret that we are not able to give you a timeframe for when we will review your case but the California Service Center is committed to processing this workload.  We will be making every effort to adjudicate your case in the most efficient manner based on our available resources.   "

On August 10th I reached out to the USCIS ombudsman, I called with a follow up a week later and they said they are still working on cases from June 2020, so I still haven't heard back from them.

On September 8th I notified USCIS of my change of address.

Then suddenly after almost 22 months this happened:

September 9, 2020

New Card Is Being Produced

On September 09, 2020, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number WAC1990xxxx, and will mail it to the address you gave us.

September 11, 2020

Case Was Approved

On September 11, 2020, we approved your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number WAC1990xxxx. We sent you an approval notice. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your approval notice by September 26, 2020, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request.

I didn't have a bio metrics appointment, I didn't get a RFE, I didn't have an interview, I hadn't filed for N400.
I'm beyond relieved but also very confused, I was anticipating this to continue to drag on alot longer.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, washablemarkers said:

"
On November 21, 2018, we received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence". I remember needing to call to ask about my receipt notice and wasn't sent it til January 2019.

As of April 14, 2019, all of the fingerprints relating to your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number WAC1990xxxx, have been applied to your case. "

I didn't have a bio metrics appointment so I figured they used my fingerprints on file for when I had my previous bio metrics appointment in 2016 or they used my finger prints that I gave during my info pass appointment.

In August 2019 I was given an bio metrics appointment date. I was out of town and called to see if it could be rescheduled and I mentioned how my finger prints had already been applied to my case. They cancelled my bio metrics appointment saying I didn't need it (as they had my fingerprints).

In January 2020 I was sent a bio metrics appointment notice in the mail but did not receive the notice until 2 days after the appointment date. I called to reschedule and mentioned the previous situation surrounding my finger prints on file and cancelling of the appointment. I was told I still needed a bio metrics appointment and maybe my finger prints on file were too old.

So I had my bio metrics appointment rescheduled for March 3rd 2020 which ended up being the first day it was shut due to covid!!! so they rescheduled me for later in March but of course it remained shut.

In July my extension letter expired. On July 27th I filed an inquiry, I got a very generic reply on August 7th that said "Thank you for your inquiry.  We recognize your interest in the final adjudication of your pending application or petition and are aware of the difficulties caused by any delay in processing. We regret that we are not able to give you a timeframe for when we will review your case but the California Service Center is committed to processing this workload.  We will be making every effort to adjudicate your case in the most efficient manner based on our available resources.   "

On August 10th I reached out to the USCIS ombudsman, I called with a follow up a week later and they said they are still working on cases from June 2020, so I still haven't heard back from them.

September 9, 2020

On September 09, 2020, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number WAC1990xxxx, and will mail it to the address you gave us.

September 11, 2020

Case Was Approved

On September 11, 2020, we approved your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number WAC1990xxxx. We sent you an approval notice. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your approval notice by September 26, 2020, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request.

I didn't have a bio metrics appointment, I didn't get a RFE, I didn't have an interview, I hadn't filed for N400.
I'm beyond relieved but also very confused, I was anticipating this to continue to drag on alot longer.

Congratulations! It’s a big relief isn’t it? :)

I’m a combo filer and still waiting! Thank you for sharing it with us :)

K1 Visa

Service Centre: California

Consulate: Manila, PH

01/21/16: I-129F sent

01/26/16: I-129F NOA1

04/06/16: I-129F RFE

04/22/16: RFE reply

05/06/16: I-129F NOA2

05/31/16: NVC Received, Date Case #, IIN and BIN assigned

06/05/16: NVC left

06/10/16: Consulate received

07/28/16 Interview Date **Approved!

08/05/16: Visa Received

08/13/16: US Entry

08/27/16: Tied the knot!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Adjustment of Status (AOS)

10/07/16: Aos filling date

10/11/16: Case received

10/25/16: NOA date

11/08/16: Biometrics Walk In at Buena Park (Was scheduled 11/14/16)

11/25/16: Case ready to be scheduled for an interview

01/03/17: Interview is Scheduled on Feb 07 (Day 84)

01/05/17: Interview letter received

01/07/17: EAD card is being produced (Day 88)

01/09/17: AP is approved (Day 90)

01/11/17: EAD card is mailed (Day 92)

01/13/17: AP approval letter received

01/14/17: Combo card received (Day 95)

02/07/17: Interview *Approved!

02/10/17: Greencard mailed

24 minutes ago, washablemarkers said:

"

September 9, 2020

September 11, 2020

Case Was Approved

Congratulations :) that is a good news my Receipt Number is same code: WAC1990xxxx in San Francisco office 

did u get any stamp on your passport after your extension letter exp?

why u did not apply for n400?

2 hours ago, AraRang said:

today I had my I751 interview and the immigration agent approved my case. done with this long process. interview lasted 25 minutes. 

I applied in November 2018. 

finger prints October 31st

RFE April 2020 

and interview September 14. 

congratulations,
what is your field office and state 

and did you applied for N400 as well?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.