1,969 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
14 minutes ago, AraRang said:

May 23rd 2020. Yes I was thinking that. I just want to finish with this process ;( it's been a long time. 

I totally understand wanting to be done. I submitted ROC in Sept 2018 and N400 July 2019  and still waiting on both. Good luck with your ROC interview! 

Cateogory: CR1

• NOA1/Notice of receipt: Sept. 15, 2015
  • NOA2/I130 Approved: February 8, 2016 (NO RFE) :)
  • Process slowed down by us
  • Sent documents to NVC: April 11, 2016
  • Scan date: April 14/ May 7th (NVC said both I dont know why)
  • Case Complete: May 31, 2016 (No checklist) :dancing:

August 17, 2016: Visa Approved!!!! :dancing:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Latvia
Timeline

I have been silent reader for over two years, but I feel it is important to share experience, so others do not get discouraged!

On august 4th my status finally changed to ''Case was approved'' (Nebraska office).

Receipt number LIN19900****, I DID NOT apply for N400.

Had scheduled my Infopass appointment and got to cancel it the day of case was finally updated. No additional evidence were asked, no interview.

Good luck! 

Next step N400

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 5/12/2020 at 1:34 PM, Paps and Dawna said:

Great question! and how long is the validity of the stamp? Like our extension was for 18 months.

I got a stamp in passport on Monday its for one year however I just also got a email requesting RFE so i guess the info pass actually triggered them to look at my case will let you all know what the RFE says. 

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, fancyfacetammy28 said:

I got a stamp in passport on Monday its for one year however I just also got a email requesting RFE so i guess the info pass actually triggered them to look at my case will let you all know what the RFE says. 

I appreciate the update!

I got my I551 stamp yesterday.

Will let you know if they email me anything too.

K1 Visa

Service Centre: California

Consulate: Manila, PH

01/21/16: I-129F sent

01/26/16: I-129F NOA1

04/06/16: I-129F RFE

04/22/16: RFE reply

05/06/16: I-129F NOA2

05/31/16: NVC Received, Date Case #, IIN and BIN assigned

06/05/16: NVC left

06/10/16: Consulate received

07/28/16 Interview Date **Approved!

08/05/16: Visa Received

08/13/16: US Entry

08/27/16: Tied the knot!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Adjustment of Status (AOS)

10/07/16: Aos filling date

10/11/16: Case received

10/25/16: NOA date

11/08/16: Biometrics Walk In at Buena Park (Was scheduled 11/14/16)

11/25/16: Case ready to be scheduled for an interview

01/03/17: Interview is Scheduled on Feb 07 (Day 84)

01/05/17: Interview letter received

01/07/17: EAD card is being produced (Day 88)

01/09/17: AP is approved (Day 90)

01/11/17: EAD card is mailed (Day 92)

01/13/17: AP approval letter received

01/14/17: Combo card received (Day 95)

02/07/17: Interview *Approved!

02/10/17: Greencard mailed

Timeline
1 minute ago, Paps and Dawna said:

I appreciate the update!

I got my I551 stamp yesterday.

Will let you know if they email me anything too.

Great all the best I hope you hear some good news I didn't apply for N400 I had decided to wait.  I sent everything in my initial package so I'm hoping its just updated info which is fine

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, fancyfacetammy28 said:

Great all the best I hope you hear some good news I didn't apply for N400 I had decided to wait.  I sent everything in my initial package so I'm hoping its just updated info which is fine

Thank you, and same to you. I applied for my N400, not sure if that was a good idea but I guess it all depends on how our offices handle our cases. Anyway, Keeping my fingers crossed for you! 

K1 Visa

Service Centre: California

Consulate: Manila, PH

01/21/16: I-129F sent

01/26/16: I-129F NOA1

04/06/16: I-129F RFE

04/22/16: RFE reply

05/06/16: I-129F NOA2

05/31/16: NVC Received, Date Case #, IIN and BIN assigned

06/05/16: NVC left

06/10/16: Consulate received

07/28/16 Interview Date **Approved!

08/05/16: Visa Received

08/13/16: US Entry

08/27/16: Tied the knot!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Adjustment of Status (AOS)

10/07/16: Aos filling date

10/11/16: Case received

10/25/16: NOA date

11/08/16: Biometrics Walk In at Buena Park (Was scheduled 11/14/16)

11/25/16: Case ready to be scheduled for an interview

01/03/17: Interview is Scheduled on Feb 07 (Day 84)

01/05/17: Interview letter received

01/07/17: EAD card is being produced (Day 88)

01/09/17: AP is approved (Day 90)

01/11/17: EAD card is mailed (Day 92)

01/13/17: AP approval letter received

01/14/17: Combo card received (Day 95)

02/07/17: Interview *Approved!

02/10/17: Greencard mailed

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Paps and Dawna said:

Thank you, and same to you. I applied for my N400, not sure if that was a good idea but I guess it all depends on how our offices handle our cases. Anyway, Keeping my fingers crossed for you! 

Yes each office is different fingers crossed as well. 

Just posting our update:

After 3 months of back and forth with USCIS, 2 inquiries and an Ombudsman case still pending, we were asked to come to our local Houston office to get a 12 months stamp.

Immigration officer was very frank and open. We were told that our i751 will likely be processed along with N400. He also mentioned that we should be patient as processing is going to take "quite a while" but there are no issues with our case and it is just taking long time to process cases with Covid19 and looming budget cuts.

The concerning part was that he mentioned for us to "be patient and if the 12 month stamp expires before your combined interview then call us so we can give another extension so you can continue to live in the country and travel without any issues". 

There were several other people getting the stamp and being told the same story. At this point we have decided to just taking a step back and focus on a normal life. There is no point to constantly stressing over this as there may be a lot of delays going on.

I will post any other updates when we hopefully hear some good news. Best of luck and be patient!

Our cases (i751 and N400) are with Texas Service Center/NBC Lee Summit, MO.

1 hour ago, Eddy Haas said:

Just posting our update:

After 3 months of back and forth with USCIS, 2 inquiries and an Ombudsman case still pending, we were asked to come to our local Houston office to get a 12 months stamp.

Immigration officer was very frank and open. We were told that our i751 will likely be processed along with N400. He also mentioned that we should be patient as processing is going to take "quite a while" but there are no issues with our case and it is just taking long time to process cases with Covid19 and looming budget cuts.

The concerning part was that he mentioned for us to "be patient and if the 12 month stamp expires before your combined interview then call us so we can give another extension so you can continue to live in the country and travel without any issues". 

There were several other people getting the stamp and being told the same story. At this point we have decided to just taking a step back and focus on a normal life. There is no point to constantly stressing over this as there may be a lot of delays going on.

I will post any other updates when we hopefully hear some good news. Best of luck and be patient!

Our cases (i751 and N400) are with Texas Service Center/NBC Lee Summit, MO.

Thank you so sharing.

your local office is Houston? 

Hi,

update on my I-751 as it is outside normal USCIS processing time  applied on Nov 2018 San Francisco field office

1.      green card expired on Feb19  

2.      stamp my passport expired on Apr19 

3.      18 months extension letter expired 1Aug 20 

4.      last week just got another stamp in my passport for 12 M 

*  I-751 and  N-400 simultaneously by local field office at the time of the N-400 interview

* Applied for N-400 Nov 2019, fingerprint done Dec 2019 and no RFE, as per USCIS customer services adv that " the case is ready to be scheduled for interview since 01/12/2020 by San Francisco field office.

However the  A-File is still physically located at the NBC.  NBC didn't send the A-file to San Francisco field office yet...

As I understand that  field office can not scheduled my N-400 interview if they didn't receive the A-file from NBC.

- I'm afraid that my A-file may lost or derelict/ parked in NBC, as it's been over 7 months "ready to be scheduled for interview", and no action taking and the file has not been sent to San Francisco field office.  

No one can stand waiting 20 months for his N-400, or 41 months (20 under N400+21 already past under I751 ) for I-751 "as per Processing time information for the San Francisco field office website" ,  then find out that his file was lost or derelict

My question is, Did anyone faced same problem and is it right that the field office can not scheduled N-400 interview if they didn't receive the A-file from NBC?

Thanks 

5 minutes ago, MMarco said:

Hi,

update on my I-751 as it is outside normal USCIS processing time  applied on Nov 2018 San Francisco field office

*  I-751 and  N-400 simultaneously by local field office at the time of the N-400 interview

* Applied for N-400 Nov 2019, fingerprint done Dec 2019 and no RFE, as per USCIS customer services adv that " the case is ready to be scheduled for interview since 01/12/2020 by San Francisco field office.

However the  A-File is still physically located at the NBC.  NBC didn't send the A-file to San Francisco field office yet...

As I understand that  field office can not scheduled my N-400 interview if they didn't receive the A-file from NBC.

- I'm afraid that my A-file may lost or derelict/ parked in NBC, as it's been over 7 months "ready to be scheduled for interview", and no action taking and the file has not been sent to San Francisco field office.  

No one can stand waiting 20 months for his N-400, or 41 months (20 under N400+21 already past under I751 ) for I-751 "as per Processing time information for the San Francisco field office website" ,  then find out that his file was lost or derelict

My question is, Did anyone faced same problem and is it right that the field office can not scheduled N-400 interview if they didn't receive the A-file from NBC?

Thanks 

Open an inquiry with the Ombudsman's office.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
33 minutes ago, MMarco said:

Hi,

Thanks 

Was the N400 filed online?

37 minutes ago, Eddy Haas said:

Open an inquiry with the Ombudsman's office.

Done, end of Jul for both I751 & N400 below there reply

"Thank you for contacting the Ombudsman’s Office.  We have reviewed your request for case assistance.  Generally, USCIS will adjudicate concurrently pending Forms N-400, Application for Naturalization and Forms I-751, Petition to Remove the Conditions of Residence at the same time.  Therefore, we look to the N-400 processing time for the field office having jurisdiction over you to determine whether we are able to provide case assistance.      

While we understand your concerns, our review indicates that your case is within normal processing times as posted on the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) website at 
https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/.  Because your case is currently within normal processing times, our office will be closing this matter."

11 minutes ago, MMarco said:

Done, end of Jul for both I751 & N400 below there reply

"Thank you for contacting the Ombudsman’s Office.  We have reviewed your request for case assistance.  Generally, USCIS will adjudicate concurrently pending Forms N-400, Application for Naturalization and Forms I-751, Petition to Remove the Conditions of Residence at the same time.  Therefore, we look to the N-400 processing time for the field office having jurisdiction over you to determine whether we are able to provide case assistance.      

While we understand your concerns, our review indicates that your case is within normal processing times as posted on the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) website at 
https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/.  Because your case is currently within normal processing times, our office will be closing this matter."

Check if it is within normal processing times. If it is not then just reply back otherwise just have to wait it out. They are very nice and prompt with responses. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.