2,200 posts in this topic

On 10/7/2019 at 1:12 PM, MorganandMichael said:

Really hoping to hear something soon... Things have been a little rough relationship-wise and we hypothetically talked about the possibly of switching to a divorce waiver. Problem is, it apparently takes about an average of a year from initially filing to get the final divorce decree in Wisconsin. This discussion started to happen back in late August and I had hoped it would be moot because other Nebraska filers were getting approved steadily and I figured we would be up soon.

I'm not really sure what to do now. I feel like we’re in this weird limbo where I’m worried we aren’t married enough to get approved the “regular” route, but won’t be divorced enough to file with the waiver for at least a year. 

I this point where you are experiencing uncertainty,  if I had to suggest you something,  I would say: "Let your application go and wait to see where it takes you".

1. You will be approved way before your divorce is final, if you decide to divorce.

2. If you don't file for the N400 while your i751 is pending,  you'll be approved Without interview. So your "husband" won't need to show up for interview or do anything.  So don't apply for N400. 

3. No couple is perfect. Even those still married and getting approved also have their arguments and fights. All that matters is that you entered in your marriage with good faith,  not only with the intention to obtain a green card and leave. 

But arguments in marriage are common, even  if USCIS tends to expect immigrants to have perfect marriages, "happily married for ever". We are all human,  we disagree,  we argue,  we fights. 

4. Marriage is not a easy experience,  but it's the best school to learn how to truly love . Marriage reveals a lot expectations and and rules that give no space to unconditional love. Counseling would help to bring light to a blinded heart. Love, compassion,  forgiveness, humility, acceptance and freedom are the ingredients to reduce the expectations and to stop this uncontrollable desire to change the other person.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
3 hours ago, alexpop13 said:

Waiting for such an important document, I bet.

Did you register for Informed Delivery from USPS?

Doesn't matter. I just got it in the mail!!!! They changed the design from 2 years ago. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Eileenaichan said:

Doesn't matter. I just got it in the mail!!!! They changed the design from 2 years ago. 

Congratulations! Yes, they did change the design. 

N-400/Naturalization application

Spoiler

·         10/30/2019 - Filed N-400 Online - Case Was Received and A Receipt Notice Was Emailed

·         10/31/2019 - NOA 1 dated October 30 available online

·         11/02/2019 - Status Changed to Biometrics Appointment Was Scheduled

·         11/04/2019 - NOA 1 dated October 30 in the mail

·         11/04/2019 - Biometrics Appointment notice dated November 1 available online

·         11/08/2019 - Biometrics Appointment notice dated November 1 in the mail

·         11/21/2019 - Biometrics Appointment

·         11/21/2019 - Status Changed to Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

·         12/30/2019 - Status Changed to Interview Was Scheduled

·         12/31/2019 - Interview notice dated December 30 available online

·         01/06/2020 - Interview notice dated December 30 in the mail

·         02/06/2020 - Interview at local USCIS Office - APPROVED

·         02/06/2020 - Status Changed to Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled

·         02/12/2020 - Status Changed to Oath Ceremony Notice Was Mailed

·         02/13/2020 - Naturalization notice dated February 12 available online

·         02/18/2020 - Naturalization notice dated February 12 in the mail

·         03/11/2020 - Naturalization Ceremony - US CITIZEN!

·         03/11/2020 - Status Changed to Certificate Of Naturalization Was Issued

US Passport application

·         03/11/2020 - Applied for US Passport at local USPS with expedite service

·         03/16/2020 - Received email that Application is In Process

·         03/17/2020 - Check was cashed

·         03/23/2020 - Received email that Application is Approved

·         03/26/2020 - Received the Passport Book in the mail

·         03/27/2020 - Received the Certificate of Naturalization in the mail

On 9/24/2019 at 10:02 AM, lala52 said:

Hi! We created a  WAC timeline document and it includes a 2018 tab. I know you have a timeline going on in the October 2018 filers comments but if you share in the document, it would also make it more visible to filers from other months. Thanks! And wishing a speedier approval. 

@myao @CanToCal @Karla230515 @cablewyres @MorganandMichael @lucky91 @Letsdothisquick @kie08 @BRgirlUS @banter @Malauriea @noz

After reading this, I decided to remove my information from the document: "VJ strongly discourages the use of google docs for monthly filer threads; there are privacy concerns as they are not administered by VJ, so others can potentially see your Google login and from that other info about you and your loved ones, and there is also the potential loss of all the data if the original creator of a doc removes it from their drive. Please use the threads themselves or the VJ wiki, for your data gathering needs."

Source: 

Hi guys, please I need some advice because I’m getting worried. I filed my form I-751 in October, NOA October 8. I received 18months extension letter Nov 2018.  We submitted all necessary documents including our child birth certificate but I have not seen or heard anything from USCIS since November 2018. Case status is still showing case received and fingerprint fee received. Do I need to contact a lawyer or call USCIS ? It’s already a year, seeing a lot of October filers getting approved makes me worried. My service location is Nebraska. Please advice. Thanks 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Chi9090 said:

Hi guys, please I need some advice because I’m getting worried. I filed my form I-751 in October, NOA October 8. I received 18months extension letter Nov 2018.  We submitted all necessary documents including our child birth certificate but I have not seen or heard anything from USCIS since November 2018. Case status is still showing case received and fingerprint fee received. Do I need to contact a lawyer or call USCIS ? It’s already a year, seeing a lot of October filers getting approved makes me worried. My service location is Nebraska. Please advice. Thanks 

Did you at any point in time captured your biometrics? Or were you told your previous biometrics was valid? Sometimes if you did not get the notice of biometrics and there was never a note telling you your biometrics was waived and that the previous is valid, then there is a mix up somewhere. USCIS thinks you abandoned your case when they didn’t receive your completed biometrics. I think they might have sent out a letter for a biometrics that you didn’t probably received or perhaps it was lost in transit. What you need to do now is to call USCIS and let them know your scenario, explain to them you never got fingerprints request notice and it’s a year plus now, your case is still not changing from case was received and fingerprints payment received as well. Ask to speak to Tier 2 or the supervisor. Best of luck 

2 hours ago, prok said:

Did you at any point in time captured your biometrics? Or were you told your previous biometrics was valid? Sometimes if you did not get the notice of biometrics and there was never a note telling you your biometrics was waived and that the previous is valid, then there is a mix up somewhere. USCIS thinks you abandoned your case when they didn’t receive your completed biometrics. I think they might have sent out a letter for a biometrics that you didn’t probably received or perhaps it was lost in transit. What you need to do now is to call USCIS and let them know your scenario, explain to them you never got fingerprints request notice and it’s a year plus now, your case is still not changing from case was received and fingerprints payment received as well. Ask to speak to Tier 2 or the supervisor. Best of luck 

2 hours ago, prok said:

No I didn’t capture biometrics. The extension letter says they may and they may not require biometrics. I will call them and on Monday and see what’s going on. Thanks for the advice. 

Edited by Chi9090

Timeline
1 minute ago, Chi9090 said:

No I didn’t not capture biometrics. The extension letter says they may and they may not require biometrics. I will call them and on Monday and see what’s going on. That’s for the advice. 

Wow! You need to cal them immediately, every extension says that, but if actually they do not wish you capture biometrics there will certainly be a notice informing you that your old biometrics will be use and your online case status will change to Fingerprints was reviewed and completed. Technically, the repercussions of what you just said means abandonments of you case to USCIS. It’s either your case file is misplaced, they sent you a biometrics request notice you never got or perhaps, notice got lost in transit. The only solution is to call USCIS office or make an infopass to speak with an officer.

Timeline

Is there anyone with SRCxxxxxxx, I mean Texas filers, that has attained 12 months since filing without any action from USCIS? The new information at hand states that USCIS always take action on cases exactly a week or 12 months since the filing date of I 751.

My wife and I filed for her ROC back toward the end of October 2018.  We received a notice dated May 25, 2019, stating that they had completed the review of her fingerprints and that they were working on her I-751.  It has now been 143 days since that last notice.

We had really high hopes that she might get approved before Christmas but I doubt that will happen.  Her purse got stolen a couple of months ago which obviously had her expired green card in it.  Thankfully she didn't have the extension letter in there as well at the time.  Now we anticipate not being able to travel to see her family in Canada for the holidays and for them to see our baby because we're paranoid she won't be allowed entry back in - even with a police report, a pending I-751 stamp in her passport, and the extension letter.

Edited by ochocam

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
5 minutes ago, ochocam said:

My wife and I filed for her ROC back toward the end of October 2018.  We received a notice dated May 25, 2019, stating that they had completed the review of her fingerprints and that they were working on her I-751.  It has now been 143 days since that last notice.

same here, we are LIN filer. My wife did her biometrics on July 2nd, but no online status update (it still shows Fingerprint Fee was received) and the case is pending. 

I-129F sent: 2016-01-09

NOA1: 2016-01-15

NOA2: 2016-03-04

Received by NVC: 2016-03-31

Case # assigned: 2016-04-01

Case sent to consulate: 2016-04-05

Case ready: 2016-04-06

AOS Packet sent: 2016-10-08

AOS Packet received: 2016-10-11

AOS NOA1 x 3 (Text messages): 2016-10-14

AOS NOA1 x 3 (Hardcopy mail): 2016-10-17

Biometrics Letter: 2016-10-28

Biometrics Walk-in: 2016-10-28

I-131 and I-765 approved: 2017-01-04 (Day 85)

I-485 approved: 2017-01-19 (Day 100)

EAD/AP Combo card received: 2017-01-20

Green Card received: 2017-01-25

ROC I-751 Packet sent: 2018-10-26

ROC I-751 Packet received: 2018-10-29

ROC I-751 NOA1 (Text message): 2018-11-02

ROC I-751 NOA1 (Hardcopy Extension Letter): 2018-12-10

ROC I-751 Biometrics: 2019-07-02

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
37 minutes ago, ochocam said:

We had really high hopes that she might get approved before Christmas but I doubt that will happen.  Her purse got stolen a couple of months ago which obviously had her expired green card in it.  Thankfully she didn't have the extension letter in there as well at the time.  Now we anticipate not being able to travel to see her family in Canada for the holidays and for them to see our baby because we're paranoid she won't be allowed entry back in - even with a police report, a pending I-751 stamp in her passport, and the extension letter.

If she has the stamp the extension letter is not even valid. She can travel just fine with that stamp only. 

On 10/11/2019 at 7:49 PM, Chi9090 said:

Call USCIS or preferably, schedule an info pass appointment. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.