2,200 posts in this topic

Really hoping to hear something soon... Things have been a little rough relationship-wise and we hypothetically talked about the possibly of switching to a divorce waiver. Problem is, it apparently takes about an average of a year from initially filing to get the final divorce decree in Wisconsin. This discussion started to happen back in late August and I had hoped it would be moot because other Nebraska filers were getting approved steadily and I figured we would be up soon.

I'm not really sure what to do now. I feel like we’re in this weird limbo where I’m worried we aren’t married enough to get approved the “regular” route, but won’t be divorced enough to file with the waiver for at least a year. 

~*INTENT IS DETERMINED AT POE*~

Forever wishing for an eye-roll reaction.

K-1 Visa~
9/28/2015 - I-129f Packet Mailed to Texas Lockbox
10/1/2015 - NOA 1 Email - I-129f sent to California Service Center
10/8/2015 - NOA 1 Hard Copy
10/27/2015 - NOA 2
11/21/2015 - Packet 3 Received
1/08/2916 - Medical! Lots of jabs >.>
2/23/2016 - APPROVED!
6/20/2016 - POE
7/29/2016 - Married ❤️

~*Approval 146 Days from NOA1*~

AOS ~
9/9/2016 - AOS/AP/EAD packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox
9/11/2016 - Delivered to Chicago Lockbox
9/20/2016 - Received Text/Email NOA1
9/23/2016 - Hard Copy NOA1s
10/12/2016 - Biometrics Appointment
11/04/2016 - AP Status "Approved" EAD "Date of Birth Updated"
11/18/2016 - Received EAD/AP Combo Card!
12/23/2016 - Received Green Card

~*Green Card 95 Days from NOA1*~

ROC~

10/12/2018 - Mailed ROC Packet

11/8/2018 - NOA-1 

7/5/2019 - Biometrics

~*STILL WAITING 607+ Days since NOA*~

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
1 hour ago, rooji said:

I am not worried about not getting approved, it is the wait time that is killing me. In a lot of ways, having no idea of my husband's status is nerve wracking. I mean jobs for instance is always something to think about.

Thanks for the replies guys.

He can still work because his green card expiration date has been extended for 18 months + original expiration date. 

8 minutes ago, Eileenaichan said:

He can still work because his green card expiration date has been extended for 18 months + original expiration date. 

Yes but unfortunately some jobs require him to be US citizen and this wait is killing me.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline
On 10/6/2019 at 11:51 AM, AstroCanada said:

Your jurisdiction will change with respect to your eligibility to apply for citizenship--you have to live in the state or district 3 months prior to submitting the application.  As to your I-751, they won't forward it based on moving unless they plan to interview you.

Cool. Thank you for the info!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hello all Texas filers, I mean those with SRCXXXXXXXXX how has it been? it's been hectic here, no news from Texas processing center, it's so sad they taking this long time to get over this processes. I usually get text and email alerts from USCIS before, but that had stopped since June, prior to that the sms always come in my phone every two weeks interval, It has since stopped, the last message was that my initial biometric was valid to be reused for the I-751, I later got my receipt sometime very late and it will complete 12 months I filed in two weeks time, Has anybody heard from Texas center? Please update if we have any approval from Texas at this time. Thanks

29 minutes ago, prok said:

Hello all Texas filers, I mean those with SRCXXXXXXXXX how has it been? it's been hectic here, no news from Texas processing center, it's so sad they taking this long time to get over this processes. I usually get text and email alerts from USCIS before, but that had stopped since June, prior to that the sms always come in my phone every two weeks interval, It has since stopped, the last message was that my initial biometric was valid to be reused for the I-751, I later got my receipt sometime very late and it will complete 12 months I filed in two weeks time, Has anybody heard from Texas center? Please update if we have any approval from Texas at this time. Thanks

I am from Texas and believe me now I so regret moving from PA to Texas.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline
2 hours ago, prok said:

The last email I received was in June, and the status on the app says "Fingerprint review was completed. Last Status Change: 176 days ago". I keep checking the app every day and I honestly can't wait for something to happen.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, lolita88 said:

The last email I received was in June, and the status on the app says "Fingerprint review was completed. Last Status Change: 176 days ago". I keep checking the app every day and I honestly can't wait for something to happen.

Same with me, I mean it’s sickening!

Timeline
1 hour ago, brunochi2018 said:

I am from Texas and believe me now I so regret moving from PA to Texas.

Well, it’s becoming stressful waiting... there is this strong believe that when it reach exactly 12months of filing, we should be receiving responds, so I believe within a week to two weeks time, approvals should be rolling in by God Grace....Amen

2 minutes ago, prok said:

Well, it’s becoming stressful waiting... there is this strong believe that when it reach exactly 12months of filing, we should be receiving responds, so I believe within a week to two weeks time, approvals should be rolling in by God Grace....Amen

Amen to that but if not I will file my wife's citizenship by 20th of october.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, brunochi2018 said:

2 minutes ago, brunochi2018 said:

Sure

18 hours ago, MorganandMichael said:

Really hoping to hear something soon... Things have been a little rough relationship-wise and we hypothetically talked about the possibly of switching to a divorce waiver. Problem is, it apparently takes about an average of a year from initially filing to get the final divorce decree in Wisconsin. This discussion started to happen back in late August and I had hoped it would be moot because other Nebraska filers were getting approved steadily and I figured we would be up soon.

I'm not really sure what to do now. I feel like we’re in this weird limbo where I’m worried we aren’t married enough to get approved the “regular” route, but won’t be divorced enough to file with the waiver for at least a year. 

Sorry to hear read about your relationship issues. Have you tried counselling? Maybe a priest or pastor who is trained in this sort of thing?

11 hours ago, prok said:

Same here, I received the last message on July 3rd saying:”We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time”. 

Same 2 week interval as well til then. I think we just need to be patient... we will get news eventually! 

Hang in there! 

N400 timeline

02/21/2020 - Filed N400

02/22/2020 - Biometrics appointment scheduled

02/28/2020 - paper NOA and Biometrics letter received

03/13/2020 - Biometrics appointment

03/06/2020 - Succesfull walk in Biometrics

10/23/2020 - Received appointment letter online 

12/03/2020 - Interview appointment 

12/10/2020 - Received notice that oath ceremony will be scheduled 

01/21/2021 - Uploaded statement about objection to bear arms

01/22/2021 - Received notice that invitation to oath ceremony has been sent

01/28/2020 - Received letter in the mail with invitation to oath ceremony

02/05/2021 - Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.