YulenkaF

221g help with it please with K1

35 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I had interview few days ago.

I got status of case - in administrative processing

I can say only that after that I can not describe how I feel. As minimum unmoral person. But

First issue was not the same information in tourist visa 3 years ago. As its common I used for this agency for preparing documents. So they told that I have more chances to get visa if I will say that I am in civil relations as single. I did it. At the interview they told that I am a lier . I am criminal person. And they have any reason to believe me now. Our attorney said its better to say all truth now- because can be worse- so I did it. They asked many details about my personal life since I was married 10 years ago including who paid for traveling which I had in Europe, which boyfriend I had etc- I say such things only to really close friends. But I answered all that questions. 

Second issue was with dates in documents in divorce certificate which I can fix with local attorney hope not hard.  They asked me to send this paper to them.

Questions:

1. Is there any chance that that visa can be approved?

2. Maybe better not wait and to make another kind of visa? for family? it can take 1.5-2 years and who knows maybe they will do again such things as checking me like that....

3. Share your experience about pink paper PLEASE. time which it was, how long etc.

4. Can I send this paper which they need and plus something that can prove that I am honest with them now. Any ideas?

5. What can you recommend? Maybe you already met such situation. Will be happy about all information- thank you.

Edited by YulenkaF

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I am yet far from interview in Kiev, but from what I read here, Kiev is not very difficult and this situation is not typical. Apart from misrepresenting, there should have been other issues, and CO could have thought God knows what else could have been concealed. Otherwise why would they be so interested in your private life. On the other hand, immigrations are as your gyn, there is no taboo when they ask. Not knowing what you misrepresented 3 years ago, not knowing about possible other red flags, not knowing what the issues with the divorce decree are, nit knowing details of the interview it is difficult to predict what happens next. If they gave you a list of what they want, do your best to provide it. It's good that they haven't outright denied you. And whatever happens, you must be very careful with what you do next. Good luck. 

Edited by HP+IC

The bigger issue than the current K-1 would be a potential misrepresentation bar, which would affect any future immigrant visas for you.   What does the paper they gave you say?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
13 hours ago, YulenkaF said:

I had interview few days ago.

I got status of case - in administrative processing

I can say only that after that I can not describe how I feel. As minimum unmoral person. But

First issue was not the same information in tourist visa 3 years ago. As its common I used for this agency for preparing documents. So they told that I have more chances to get visa if I will say that I am in civil relations as single. I did it. At the interview they told that I am a lier . I am criminal person. And they have any reason to believe me now. Our attorney said its better to say all truth now- because can be worse- so I did it. They asked many details about my personal life since I was married 10 years ago including who paid for traveling which I had in Europe, which boyfriend I had etc- I say such things only to really close friends. But I answered all that questions. 

Second issue was with dates in documents in divorce certificate which I can fix with local attorney hope not hard.  They asked me to send this paper to them.

Questions:

1. Is there any chance that that visa can be approved?

2. Maybe better not wait and to make another kind of visa? for family? it can take 1.5-2 years and who knows maybe they will do again such things as checking me like that....

3. Share your experience about pink paper PLEASE. time which it was, how long etc.

4. Can I send this paper which they need and plus something that can prove that I am honest with them now. Any ideas?

5. What can you recommend? Maybe you already met such situation. Will be happy about all information- thank you.

That sounds aweful ! Sorry for that! But what's the problem with the date of your divorce certificate? How can you fix it? I hope they give you approval after you send them what they ask for

Timeline
17 hours ago, HP+IC said:

I am yet far from interview in Kiev, but from what I read here, Kiev is not very difficult and this situation is not typical. Apart from misrepresenting, there should have been other issues, and CO could have thought God knows what else could have been concealed. Otherwise why would they be so interested in your private life. On the other hand, immigrants are as your gyn, there is no taboo when they ask. Not knowing what you misrepresented 3 years ago, not knowing about possible other red flags, not knowing what the issues with the divorce decree are, nit knowing details of the interview it is difficult to predict what happens next. If they gave you a list of what they want, do your best to provide it. It's good that they haven't outright denied you. And whatever happens, you must be very careful with what you do next. Good luck. 

yes. Before interview I also tried to look for bad reviews. It was so  good feeling. But. When I was there all embassy was empty.  250 ppl for tourist visas were applied at that day. And all they already gone. Before me was a man who wanted K1 visa- his visa was totally rejected. Because he did not get enough of proof of relations and his divorce certificate was from Crimea. Noone saw it. Will he demonstrate it? who knows.. I do not want to scare you. But be sure not only about american documents which are perfect in our case because of our american attorney . But if ukrainian fiancee (e) was divorced after court, applied for tourist visa not succesful, has children -better to talk with ukrainian immigrant attorney too.

Timeline
16 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

The bigger issue than the current K-1 would be a potential misrepresentation bar, which would affect any future immigrant visas for you.   What does the paper they gave you say?

some information about my divorce about court- calls here full extract about marriage. I already have it. I inly donnow what is better- to give only this or to give all logic line about my divorce process- which includes court decisions, full extracts , government papers etc.

I think what is worse to give not enough of documents and to wait about next asking of documents or to give more what they asked. Difficult to say..

5 hours ago, Jenna Ting said:

That sounds aweful ! Sorry for that! But what's the problem with the date of your divorce certificate? How can you fix it? I hope they give you approval after you send them what they ask for

thank you. yes to get paper was easy. I already have it.

Timeline
15 minutes ago, YulenkaF said:

some information about my divorce about court- calls here full extract about marriage. I already have it. I inly donnow what is better- to give only this or to give all logic line about my divorce process- which includes court decisions, full extracts , government papers etc.

I think what is worse to give not enough of documents and to wait about next asking of documents or to give more what they asked. Difficult to say..

thank you. yes to get paper was easy. I already have it.

I am not sure I am getting it right: I am divorced in court due to having 2 minor children. I have a divorce decree (рішення суду) which is the only document which certifies my divorce and that it is final. It must not be additionally registered anywhere and is good from the moment it became valid (it bears a stamp with that date). It is not from Crimea. My divorce was done through an attorney as I lived in another city, separated from my ex husband. The divorce decree describes my situation about how the marriage failed and can not be fixed - to the extent the judge preferred to do it. Is a valid court decree not enough? Do they want you to copy the whole court case (судова справа) or what is it that they want? What is wrong with having children, why is an attorney necessary? 

Timeline

Full extract about marriage - is it довідка про дошлюбне прізвище  из ЗАГСа? They particularly mention it on their website if your original marriage certificate was withheld by court in divorce proceedings (my case). I plan to apply for one as soon as we get NOA2

As to Crimean papers, they also particularly mention that no documents from Crimea will be accepted if dated after 2014. This also should be clear to that guy

Edited by HP+IC

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
55 minutes ago, YulenkaF said:

yes. Before interview I also tried to look for bad reviews. It was so  good feeling. But. When I was there all embassy was empty.  250 ppl for tourist visas were applied at that day. And all they already gone. Before me was a man who wanted K1 visa- his visa was totally rejected. Because he did not get enough of proof of relations and his divorce certificate was from Crimea. Noone saw it. Will he demonstrate it? who knows.. I do not want to scare you. But be sure not only about american documents which are perfect in our case because of our american attorney . But if ukrainian fiancee (e) was divorced after court, applied for tourist visa not succesful, has children -better to talk with ukrainian immigrant attorney too.

well... I was divorced through court and have a child. As many  others. It has nothing to do with K1 visa approval or denial.

I'm really sorry and I hate to say that but I still believe the main issue is that "mismatch" of the info you provided on DS-160 for B1 visa 3 years ago and now, for K1 - the Embassy does't really take well any misrepresentations/lies. 

The only thing you can do now is - to provide the info the Embassy requested and wait, hoping for the best...

P.S. When my parents started thinking about applying for B1/B2 visa, they also were "advised" to use those agencies, to present great savings on their bank account for example. Parents denied the "offer" right away and went for an interview without any fake bank statements - they represented themselves with what they had which was not really much, average Ukraininan older couple.  That's it. Got approval for 10 years B1/B2 visa at the spot.

I'm not judging or something, nobody is perfect and we all make mistakes.   I really hope everything will work out for you, girl, and you'll have your approval... Fingers crossed. 

Edited by Ksenia_O

Timeline
5 minutes ago, HP+IC said:

I am not sure I am getting it right: I am divorced in court due to having 2 minor children. I have a divorce decree (рішення суду) which is the only document which certifies my divorce and that it is final. It must not be additionally registered anywhere and is good from the moment it became valid (it bears a stamp with that date). It is not from Crimea. My divorce was done through an attorney as I lived in another city, separated from my ex husband. The divorce decree describes my situation about how the marriage failed and can not be fixed - to the extent the judge preferred to do it. Is a valid court decree not enough? Do they want you to copy the whole court case (судова справа) or what is it that they want? What is wrong with having children, why is an attorney necessary? 

So. 

I have one child 8 years old. I was divorced by court without me (my ex husband did it in another city) at 2005. He got certificate about it at 2009. 

I did not know about it. My childs information about her father was -my ex husband. 

That is why I started court - for divorce and making me as single mother. 

When I wanted to get divorce certificate-they told- ok. but you are already divorced and we will write inside certificate that you are divorced at 2009 because of at note from 2005. Certificate they gave at 2012.

So many dates confused officer. 

That is why she asked me a full extract about marriage- where will be explaining why and what means every date.

BUT

here is a one problem. In this full extract are more dates which probably can confuse officer even more. For to explain them -I have 10 documents more.  If you will look at all that all that documents you will have any questions about me, child, dates etc.

So I have no idea- to give them tomorrow all 10. or to give only one which they ask

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
12 minutes ago, HP+IC said:

Full extract about marriage - is it довідка про дошлюбне прізвище  из ЗАГСа? They particularly mention it on their website if you marriage certificate was withheld by court in divorce proceedings (my case). I plan to apply for one as soon as we get NOA2

Correct :)

The document will have your name before marriage, date of your marriage, date the marriage was terminated and your last name after marriage. All official, with a stamp of Ministry of Justice. 

Edited by Ksenia_O

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Ksenia_O said:

well... I was divorced through court and have a child. As many  others. It has nothing to do with K1 visa approval or denial.

I'm really sorry and I hate to say that but I still believe the main issue is that "mismatch" of the info you provided on DS-160 for B1 visa 3 years ago and now, for K1 - the Embassy does't really take well any misrepresentations/lies. 

The only thing you can do now is - to provide the info the Embassy requested and wait, hoping for the best...

P.S. When my parents started thinking about applying for B1/B2 visa, they also were "advised" to use those agencies, to present great savings on their bank account for example. Parents denied the "offer" right away and went for an interview without any fake bank statements - they represented themselves with what they had which was not really much, average Ukraininan older couple.  That's it. Got approval for 10 years B1/B2 visa at the spot.

I'm not judging or something, nobody is perfect and we all make mistakes.   I really hope everything will work out for you, girl, and you'll have your approval... Fingers crossed. 

thank you.

I am sure that I am not a single person who used agencies.

Otheways why consulting of immigrant attorney in Kiev costs 250euro and there is a line till 2nd of october....

Timeline
15 minutes ago, HP+IC said:

Full extract about marriage - is it довідка про дошлюбне прізвище  из ЗАГСа? They particularly mention it on their website if your original marriage certificate was withheld by court in divorce proceedings (my case). I plan to apply for one as soon as we get NOA2

As to Crimean papers, they also particularly mention that no documents from Crimea will be accepted if dated after 2014. This also should be clear to that guy

No in the list of documents is "extract". And after interview they asked "FULL EXTRACT". ))) I even did not know that is it before that ))

Timeline
1 minute ago, YulenkaF said:

So. 

I have one child 8 years old. I was divorced by court without me (my ex husband did it in another city) at 2005. He got certificate about it at 2009. 

I did not know about it. My childs information about her father was -my ex husband. 

That is why I started court - for divorce and making me as single mother. 

When I wanted to get divorce certificate-they told- ok. but you are already divorced and we will write inside certificate that you are divorced at 2009 because of at note from 2005. Certificate they gave at 2012.

So many dates confused officer. 

That is why she asked me a full extract about marriage- where will be explaining why and what means every date.

BUT

here is a one problem. In this full extract are more dates which probably can confuse officer even more. For to explain them -I have 10 documents more.  If you will look at all that all that documents you will have any questions about me, child, dates etc.

So I have no idea- to give them tomorrow all 10. or to give only one which they ask

Yeah, your situation is very complicated and different from mine. Marriage, kids, I petitioned for divorce, got my decree with no need to have it subsequently registered as it was after 2010. Essentially, one document from court. What I would have done in your situation: get your attorney draft an affidavit chronologically describing what happened in which consequence and why. If he is an  адвокат, ask him/her to make it on his/her official letterhed and attest a personal stamp along with a 'wet signature'. And enclose all that stuff. I have read about complicated cases where the CO put the applicant in AP and request a judicial review or something from the USCIS lawyers. It takes time but it is well worth it. The CO will have their answers and you will not look doubtful to them.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.