Teacake

Last few concerns: photos and duration of visits

14 posts in this topic

Hi all! First, I want to thank everyone here who has helped me with my I129F so far. Everything is printed now and we’re just about ready to file. Now that we’re getting so close to actually doing this, though, it’s making me worry about a few things with our packet:

1. There are 17 photos in total, but 2 in particular are making me a bit nervous only because my fiancé (USC) and I are in nice restaurants in the both of them wearing semi-formal clothes (him wearing a coloured button-down top, me wearing a dress, etc.). Could these be misconstrued as us being married? I.e. a wedding reception or something? The atmosphere in each photo is casual (one is brunch, with mimosas on the table, with his family), but the other was afternoon tea in a “fancier” setting with a tiered dessert tray and cups of tea, just the two of us. They’re each captioned appropriately with a few details about what is going on (e.g. birthday celebration, celebration of two year anniversary since we first started dating). Am I overthinking this? I just really don’t want them to think we’re “too married” for a K1, or anything like that. We have an engagement ring photo and engagement ring receipt, engagement announcement Facebook posts in our packet.

2. We’ve seen each other on 6 occasions, 5/6 were me coming to the US to visit him, and my trips were almost always longer than a month in duration—sometimes, over 2 months (my very first was 3 weeks). I was able to do this because I was a university student and was visiting in between semesters, which is why our visits have had sort of a pattern as to which months they occurred in. We mentioned in the packet that I graduated this year and was previously studying full-time, but we haven’t mentioned that I was visiting between semesters. Should we go back and add this detail? Or would adjudicators not really care about *why* or *how* the visits were able to take place for a certain length of time?

I would really appreciate some input! Thank you!

Edited by Teacake

You're overthinking this. The pictures are no problem, it's okay to look nice and go to a fancy place. And it really doesn't matter why and how you were able to visit. Good luck!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

youre fine. relax.

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

4 minutes ago, Teacake said:

Why would we be put in AP?

Don't worry about that. That poster applied from a completely different country which makes the process more challenging. 

Relax, your packet looks fine. Stop overthinking and just mail it, so the long wait can begin.

You're overthinking. It is easier said than done, but you are going to drive yourself literally insane if you worry so much. Going through AOS, I worried so much that I had flare ups from a chronic illness I have. It really isn't worth putting your health or mental well-being in jeopardy. You have done what you can do and now it is out of your hands. Double or triple check and then mail that puppy in. Find resources to help you through your wait and know that it will work itself out. Good luck!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

If you are concerned that the C.O may get confused then you can always write in the back of the photos the date, location (eg: name of the restaurant), and a short descriptions like "John and I having dinner at..". That is what we did when we did my K1 long time ago. We included like 10-15 pictures in different timelines and locations. Beach, theme park, hotel, family gathering, etc. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I was just like you, overthinking everything ! I put photos that I thought were "safe" and would keep me sane lol. I think your pictures are find to be honest, you're just dressed nicely...that's all it means. Send your packet and don't worry !  Make sure you have tracking info so you can track your packet, you'll be less worried ...good luck !

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
22 hours ago, Teacake said:

Thank you! I’m just really anxious about the whole process.

You are over thinking it. I was out to dinner in a nice dress with my husbands family, never questioned. I just explained out to dinner with his family on last night of my visit. 

No ones journey is the same but my husband's experience though the Sydney Embassy was pretty straight forward and smooth for our K1. 

Good luck and relax! I remember the feelings but then here we are more then a year married and everything worked out :)

01/31/17.... K1 Visa Approved

02/03/17.... K1 Visa Received in Hand

06/05/17....Arrived in the USA (LAX)

06/24/17....Married on Cape Cod <3

07/10/17....Sent AOS package (I-485, I-131, I-765)

07/17/17.... AOS notice date for NOA1 (I-485, I-131, I-765)

07/21/17.... Received mailed hardcopies of NOA1s

07/29/17.... Biometrics Notice received in mail 

08/01/17.... Biometrics Appointment AOS - complete (walked in)

08/07/17.... Biometrics Appointment EAD - complete (walked in)

10/23/17.... EAD/AP card delivered to house YAY!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

It's good that you care and pay attention to details. That will avoid you many headaches. And if you ever have any doubt just post it here. VJ members many times saved me from doing something stupid during my immigration process (from K1 to Naturalization). Reading other people experiences will help you to minimize major mistakes. Wish you all the best. Australia is not a high risk country so you should have a smooth journey ahead.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.