WhatAWait!

22 Year age gap between the husband and wife

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Hello, 

My fiance is 22 years younger to me. We both were previously married, She has a 6 years old child, Her husband died in an road accident two years after her marriage. I was previously married for 11 years and ended up in divorce. I have applied for the K1 Visa for her to come from India. Does any body have any advice?What shall she be worried about?

56 minutes ago, WhatAWait! said:

What shall she be worried about?

The age difference, unfortunately nothing you can do about it.  Good luck. 

21 Aug 2013: I-129F Sent

11 Feb 2014: Visa APPROVED!

20 May 2014: Wedding!

--

31 Jul 2014: Mailed AOS Packet

12 Feb 2015: AOS Interview - Approved

--

22 Feb 2017: Mailed ROC Packet

08 Aug 2018: ROC Approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Quite normal for the make to be older.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

The age difference could pose a red flag but once you guys can prove a genuine relationship, it’s not a problem at all.

It’s even good that the man is the oldest in your case so nothing to worry about ... let her just be able to talk more about it and your relationship at the interview ... also make sure you’re relating well with her child. Everything should be fine

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
32 minutes ago, mymercy said:

The age difference could pose a red flag but once you guys can prove a genuine relationship, it’s not a problem at all.

It’s even good that the man is the oldest in your case so nothing to worry about ... let her just be able to talk more about it and your relationship at the interview ... also make sure you’re relating well with her child. Everything should be fine

Thanks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
40 minutes ago, WhatAWait! said:

Thanks

My husband is 20 years old. It is our second marriage.. My first husband died in road accident after 3years and 3 months of my marriage and than my son was 2 years and 3 months old. I remarried with my husband after 7years of my first marriage and my husband married to me after 2years of his divorce. I was worry like you about age difference but my husband said it will be no problem because you are marry to me after a long time after my first marriage. I was ready with all proves when I went for my interview but they just ask me a very simple question about my husband and they do not ask me show Amy thing. But they enquired for me from my 4 and 5 neighbors of my village by calling them about my first husband, if my marriage is real, if they know about my marriage. My villagers said yes it is a real marriage. In my marriage, there are only few people as it was our second marriage. Only my mother, brothers,sister-in-laws and some panchyat members only lumberdhar. So, do not worry if it is your real marriage and you know about each other deeply. Like what you like to eat. In my interview, they asked me this question like what my husband like to eat and I told them. . Now, I am in USA with My son and my  husband about for four years now, and I got my citizenship few days ago. I am very happy here with my family.

Best of luck.

raj

12 hours ago, WhatAWait! said:

Hello, 

My fiance is 22 years younger to me. We both were previously married, She has a 6 years old child, Her husband died in an road accident two years after her marriage. I was previously married for 11 years and ended up in divorce. I have applied for the K1 Visa for her to come from India. Does any body have any advice?What shall she be worried about?

Dude, this is your third thread on this topic, after here and here.  The answers don't change. 

I-751 journey

10/16/2017.......... ROC package mailed

10/18/2017.......... I-751 package received VSC

10/19/2017.......... I-797 NOA date

10/30/2017.......... Notice received in mail

10/30/2017.......... Check cashed

11/02/2017.......... Conditional GC expired

11/22/2017.......... Biometrics completed

xx/xx/xxxx.......... waiting waiting waiting

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

****** Two threads merged and locked.  This one being being left open for now.  Do NOT post more than once on an issue/ question, it is considered spamming. *****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.