TBoneTX

February 2018 I-129F Filers, Part II

1,664 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
50 minutes ago, alsf2611 said:

Hi!!! It’s so frustrating! Many filers from Japan getting approved (after us) and ppl after us getting approved too... :( 

and my fiance is like let’s wait for another ten days. I can’t!!!!! 

Same here. He says we should wait until we hit 7 months, which is coming in a week. I know we can't really do anything but wait, but you know it'll come eventually. Let's try to stay genki :)

Day 194.... And of course nothing. 

But mid-March cases are getting approved so quickly!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS (POTOMAC SERVICE CENTER)

12/21/2020: Mailed I-751 

12/30/2020: Case received YSC 

2/4/2021: Check cashed 

2/6/2021: NOA1 received 

1 hour ago, BJ & Christine said:

All I sent was what they requested.

And signed rfe at the bottom. Even tho there was no spot for me to sign. 

Do not send anything more then what is asked for. 

Also, sent both pages with them both on top. It clearly states on the rfe what they want and how to send it back to them. 

Sent mine back usps certified next day air. Cost $24.70

Mine didn’t ask for a signature so I didn’t sign. Should I have??? It just asked me to put the RFE on top of my documentation I was returning. I’m so worried I screwed up the dumbest and easiest RFE on earth. Ugh. 

44 minutes ago, Swiftgrl13 said:

Hi, @BJ & Christine I appreciate your help very much and if you don't mind me asking a few questions about RFE's process:

- case status about getting RFE was updated on both web sites?

- when they received your response on RFE the status was updated also on both web sites?

I'm asking because we are waiting our RFE too but the status was updated only on old web site yesterday that they mailed RFE (I hope they actually did that).

One more time thanks for you time :)

Mine was updated only on old site that RFE was mailed 8/30. Received it on 9/4 (9/3 was a holiday) on the east coast. Sent it back 9/4 but missed USPS cut off of 6pm so they got it 9/6. Old website updated that they received it on 9/6. New website has never changed from “case was received Feb 16”.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 hour ago, Swiftgrl13 said:

Hi, @BJ & Christine I appreciate your help very much and if you don't mind me asking a few questions about RFE's process:

- when they received your response on RFE the status was updated also on both web sites?

I'm asking because we are waiting our RFE too but the status was updated only on old web site yesterday that they mailed RFE (I hope they actually did that).

No problem what's so ever answering ur questions.

only received rfe notification on old site and thru email.

old site updated the following morning after I received email of update.

normally only takes 3 to 5 days to receive rfe in mail once web site or app notification is received.

event.png

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do OLD SITE

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ NEW SITE

https://www.house.gov/representatives US Congressmen 

https://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm US Senators 

IN REGARDS TO WHICH DATE TO USE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

noa1 date is actually they date on ur hard copy. Sadly if u reach the magical 220 day u must wait till 225 to contact Uscis. They use what the new site says. Even if ur paper says X date. 

They added 5 days onto everyone’s accepted on NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
21 minutes ago, americaninlove said:

Mine didn’t ask for a signature so I didn’t sign. Should I have??? It just asked me to put the RFE on top of my documentation I was returning. I’m so worried I screwed up the dumbest and easiest RFE on earth. Ugh. 

I have read from others that they signed there rfe even tho there was not a spot for it. I did it figuring it's better safe then sorry. 

With there not being a spot I wouldn't be concerned with it. 

event.png

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do OLD SITE

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ NEW SITE

https://www.house.gov/representatives US Congressmen 

https://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm US Senators 

IN REGARDS TO WHICH DATE TO USE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

noa1 date is actually they date on ur hard copy. Sadly if u reach the magical 220 day u must wait till 225 to contact Uscis. They use what the new site says. Even if ur paper says X date. 

They added 5 days onto everyone’s accepted on NOA1

56 minutes ago, BJ & Christine said:

I have read from others that they signed there rfe even tho there was not a spot for it. I did it figuring it's better safe then sorry. 

With there not being a spot I wouldn't be concerned with it. 

Hope so!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
2 hours ago, Swiftgrl13 said:

Just an FYI for me my RFE was only shown on the new website and the old website was never updated - in fact it still shows case received and I have been approved for 3.5 weeks.  I was notified of my RFE via email on Saturday and the RFE notice was dated Friday.  IT was postmarked by the Postal Service on Monday and I received the official letter in the mail on Thursday. You can call and try to ask for a Tier 2 representative to fax you your RFE.  I did this and was fortunate that they granted my request.  Some people have not had success doing this so YMMV.  What I did was tell them that I have been notified I am receiving an RFE and that it has a deadline that cant be extended and I want to get working on it immediately.  That way you can start working on preparing your response so that when the official letter comes in the post, you can fire back your response immediately.  Good luck.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tanzania
Timeline
2 hours ago, vinnie&andy said:

Day 194.... And of course nothing. 

But mid-March cases are getting approved so quickly!

Same here, I’m already getting fed up of looking at the apps and the sites with the same status only days are changing.   ☹️

NOA1: 02/26/2018 (old website)

NOA1: 03/01/2018 (new website)

RFE issued 09/19/2018 - waiting for the hard copy 

Finally Recieved a faxed copy of the RFE 10/22/2018 

sent the faxed RFE copy 10/29/2018 

Received a hard copy in the mail 10/30/2018 

NOA2: 11/06/2018 😃💃💃💃

Received an email from NVC about receiving the case Recently. 11/15/2018

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tanzania
Timeline

How can this be fair or possible for everyone else to be as lucky 😪

NOA1: 02/26/2018 (old website)

NOA1: 03/01/2018 (new website)

RFE issued 09/19/2018 - waiting for the hard copy 

Finally Recieved a faxed copy of the RFE 10/22/2018 

sent the faxed RFE copy 10/29/2018 

Received a hard copy in the mail 10/30/2018 

NOA2: 11/06/2018 😃💃💃💃

Received an email from NVC about receiving the case Recently. 11/15/2018

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 hours ago, BJ & Christine said:

All I sent was what they requested.

And signed rfe at the bottom. Even tho there was no spot for me to sign. 

Do not send anything more then what is asked for. 

Also, sent both pages with them both on top. It clearly states on the rfe what they want and how to send it back to them. 

Sent mine back usps certified next day air. Cost $24.70

Am I to sign the rfe and send it back ? Seeing this fit the first time .... 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
28 minutes ago, GP1977 said:

Just an FYI for me my RFE was only shown on the new website and the old website was never updated - in fact it still shows case received and I have been approved for 3.5 weeks.  I was notified of my RFE via email on Saturday and the RFE notice was dated Friday.  IT was postmarked by the Postal Service on Monday and I received the official letter in the mail on Thursday. You can call and try to ask for a Tier 2 representative to fax you your RFE.  I did this and was fortunate that they granted my request.  Some people have not had success doing this so YMMV.  What I did was tell them that I have been notified I am receiving an RFE and that it has a deadline that cant be extended and I want to get working on it immediately.  That way you can start working on preparing your response so that when the official letter comes in the post, you can fire back your response immediately.  Good luck.

I’ll definitely ask my fiancé to call them on Monday and hopefully we will get a response from Tier2 who will be willing to fax our RFE

We have no choice - my fiancé is going to visit me and he is leaving on Wednesday so we must get this RFE before he leave 🙏🏻 

One more question - if we receive faxed RFE and prepare all requested information can we send our response back immediately? Or we must wait for the mailed RFE?

Maybe original RFE has wet signatures or stamps? 

Thank you for your answer in advance!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Swiftgrl13 said:

I’ll definitely ask my fiancé to call them on Monday and hopefully we will get a response from Tier2 who will be willing to fax our RFE

We have no choice - my fiancé is going to visit me and he is leaving on Wednesday so we must get this RFE before he leave 🙏🏻 

One more question - if we receive faxed RFE and prepare all requested information can we send our response back immediately? Or we must wait for the mailed RFE?

Maybe original RFE has wet signatures or stamps? 

Thank you for your answer in advance!

Yes, keep on calling until you get someone who will fax you the RFE.  I know for a fact they **CAN** do it, it;s just a matter of getting the right customer service rep on the phone that is willing to do it for you.  

My RFE said that you must include the original RFE letter back with your response.   I think they want that so it can be easily scanned and routed back to the officer that is adjudicating your petition.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.