Greenbaum

September 2018 NOA2 ----> NVC

2,090 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, ObiChe said:

hOW MUCH DOES THE MEDICAL COST and how much do we pay to schedule the interview? What do we need to provide just the NVC number? I want to get these parts out of the way so he can just be ready to go. 

Medical in London costs £330 without any vaccinations etc.

Interview fee is $265 (which worked out to £220 ish when I paid last month), you also have the option to pay an extra £19 to have your passport couried to you once you've been accepted.

K1 JOURNEY.
I-129F sent:
31st Jan 2018 | NOA1 Received: 13th Feb 2018 | NOA2 Received: 15th Aug 2018 | At NVC: 4th Sep 2018 | At Embassy: 21st Sep 2018 | Medical: 15th Oct 2018 | Interview: 30th Oct 2018 | K1 Issued: 2nd Nov 2018 | Flight to him<3: 4th Dec 2018 | Wedding<3: 21st Jan 2019

AOS JOURNEY.
AOS sent: 26th Feb 2019 | NOA1 Received: 28th Feb 2019 | Biometrics: 27th March 2019 | EAD/AP: 29th July 2019 | GC Interview: 16th Oct 2019 | GC Approved: 17th Oct 2019 GC Received: 23rd Oct 2019

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I’m sorry if this a stupid question. I know We can’t leave USA after POE until we either have AP or green card.. does that mean we are fine to take internal flights though? Without restrictions?

Met: Aug 12, 2016 in San Diego

I129F Sent: Feb 25, 2018

NOA1: Feb 27, 2018

NOA 2: Sep 5, 2018

NVC Number Received: Sep 24, 2018

File Received at US Embassy London: 

Medical Date: October 24th 2018

Interview Date: November 13th 2018

Approved!

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tajikistan
Timeline
13 minutes ago, FromBtoZ said:

I’m sorry if this a stupid question. I know We can’t leave USA after POE until we either have AP or green card.. does that mean we are fine to take internal flights though? Without restrictions?

Yes. ID is still required so carry your passport and proof legal residence e.g., the USCIS letter.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline
32 minutes ago, Jeffreyyu said:

Nvc

Oh my god! I put the USCIS case number. I remember reading to put the USCIS #.

I submitted it. What do I do now?

Edited by Gamisha

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Gamisha said:

I am surprised it allow you to do normally case # is country specific for eg my embassy located in Kingston Jamaica my number start with kng then the year which is 2018 then some other numbers... But don't worry one little mistake won't do much too harm since you already submit it I don't think it can be corrected 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Gamisha said:

Doesn't it say USCIS number? I went back in to the application form and this is what the tooptip says:

Application Receipt/Petition Number

Your application receipt/petition number was given to you by the Department of Homeland Security’s United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) after you filed your petition application at a USCIS Service Center. The application receipt/petition number is 13 characters long and the first three characters are letters.

***K-1 Visa***

NOA1:         03/01/18 (old site)

03/06/18 (new site)

NOA2:         09/04/18

Interview:   12/27/18

Visa Rcvd:   01/09/19

POE Date:    01/27/19

Married:       02/22/19

***Adjustment of Status***

Sent:             03/07/19

NOA1:           03/15/19

Biometrics:  04/11/19

Ready:           04/24/19

EAD/AP:        08/20/19

Card Rcvd:    08/26/19

***Removal of Conditions***

Sent:             11/17/21

NOA1:           11/20/21

24-month Extension: Received

48-month Extension: Received

Approval:     02/20/24

***Naturalization***

Sent:             10/05/23

NOA1:           10/05/23

Biometrics:  10/25/23

Interview:     02/12/24

Oath:             03/27/24

============================================

Case Status Online: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tajikistan
Timeline
3 minutes ago, crono_clone said:

Doesn't it say USCIS number? I went back in to the application form and this is what the tooptip says:

Your application receipt/petition number was given to you by the Department of Homeland Security’s United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) after you filed your petition application at a USCIS Service Center. The application receipt/petition number is 13 characters long and the first three characters are letters.

That's what I was going to post. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Can you guys tell me how long it took for your petitions to reach NVC. I know we can start calling after 10 days, but was wondering what the average was... we are going on 2 weeks.... I spoke with Angus the last 2 times I called, he was so nice and informative.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, mdesigner said:

How were you able to schedule the interview before the case says Ready? Just curious as we can't even create a profile to login to schedule or make the payment. Our case is still in transit too. Hoping for it to be ready by Tuesday (I believe Monday is a holiday) and hoping for an interview this month!

You should be able to create the account as long as you have Case # from the NVC.  Once you fill in all the required information, pay the visa fee, then should be able to schedule your VAC and interview appointments.  Our case status was set to ready today but got the appointments done yesterday. Not sure how your country works but should be able to visit the portal section on VJ for the country of immigration.  You can go this website https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/. Hopefully that helps 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline
14 minutes ago, crono_clone said:

11 minutes ago, mdma11 said:

That's what I was going to post. 

I read around and Apparently the application receipt is the USCIS # and the petition receipt is the NVC #. So either one is good. :)

Timeline
7 minutes ago, kohldjs said:

You should be able to create the account as long as you have Case # from the NVC.  Once you fill in all the required information, pay the visa fee, then should be able to schedule your VAC and interview appointments.  Our case status was set to ready today but got the appointments done yesterday. Not sure how your country works but should be able to visit the portal section on VJ for the country of immigration.  You can go this website https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/. Hopefully that helps 

What’s a vac appointment? :)

Edited by FromBtoZ

Approved!

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
10 minutes ago, FromBtoZ said:

What’s a vac appointment? :)

VAC (Visa Application Center) is the appointment for photographs and biometrics.  This needs to be done before the actual interview.  The VAC for my fiance can be done in multiple cities but you will have find out where your VAC can take place at for your country. Once you pay the visa fee it should take you to calendar to schedule the VAC and then the interview. Hope this helps:D

Edited by kohldjs

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
33 minutes ago, crono_clone said:

That sound like the wac #

Timeline
18 minutes ago, kohldjs said:

VAC (Visa Application Center) is the appointment for photographs and biometrics.  This needs to be done before the actual interview.  The VAC for my fiance can be done in multiple cities but you will have find out where your VAC can take place at for your country. Once you pay the visa fee it should take you to calendar to schedule the VAC and then the interview. Hope this helps:D

Ahhh right. I dont think this applies to the UK, I didnt realise your beneficiary country :) good luck and thank you for answering! 

Approved!

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.