Springrain22

Now the Trump administration wants to limit citizenship for legal immigrants

16 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/immigration/now-trump-administration-wants-limit-citizenship-legal-immigrants-n897931

This may sound cruel, but it's true and exactly what this country needed for decades. Another proof about the Trump being the best president so far, in my opinion. I'm not quite sure why people who live in other people taxes and don't want to support the US, should ever be given a citizenship.

Already being actively (and intensely) discussed here...

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

New citizens will vote and most do vote democrat, but hey we choose these law makers so limiting the potential eligible voting population will keep things as they are.  Just my two cents.

Timeline
30 minutes ago, Michelle M said:

New citizens will vote and most do vote democrat, but hey we choose these law makers so limiting the potential eligible voting population will keep things as they are.  Just my two cents.

I highly doubt this. New citizens won't beat old ones. People will vote for Trump again, because his actions are true actions that make difference and improve things.

Timeline
12 minutes ago, gator15 said:

The problem is that the administration has changed the rules in the middle of the game.  It is like playing football and the referees decide you can play with only 10 players instead of 11.  Before yesterday, no one knew that accepting Obamacare subsidies for health insurance would disqualify them from permanent residency or citizenship.  The administration has the right to change the rules going forward, but to change the rules and apply them retroactively is unfair and un-American.

Frankly, if we want to discuss what is a bigger public cost and tax on the system, it would be the exact opposite from signing up for Obamacare: going uninsured and being unable to pay huge hospital bills.  Someone has to pay for uninsured people that show up at the hospital and the people that pay are everyone else with insurance.  Prospective immigrants are being punished for doing the responsible thing and insuring themselves and their families, that is what is wrong.

So what? It's not like they owe you something. They can change the rules whenever they want. Obamacare is a complete disaster, just to let you know. It's been proven a few times already. Don't want to pay "huge hospital bills"? Get a good insurance like United or something and be good. Yes, you have to pay a few hundred bucks a month, but it's the same as you have to pay for your food -- nothing is free in this life. Prospective immigrants are being punished for using the same leak in the system, which is "do nothing, I'll better sit on those who work hard". I personally don't think that those people deserve a citizenship status. This is totally right, not wrong.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
45 minutes ago, Michelle M said:

Oh really? Last election there were a lot of immigrants voting for Trump. Democrats are being way to loony tunes at the moment to be voted for. And this comes from someone who doesn't even like Trump. 

Timeline
18 minutes ago, gator15 said:

You do realize that in order to eligible for Obamacare, you have to have a full time job?  My husband is a doctor, I am a healthcare lawyer, I guarantee you I know more about how Obamacare works than your political talking heads know.  It isn't anything close to a disaster, very far from it, and take that from someone who treats patients all day long in a hospital.  Also, health insurance is far from a "few hundred bucks".  I own my own law firm and I can tell you what I pay for health insurance for my employees, it is a lot more than a few hundred dollars a month, try more like $600 a person per month.  

You are completely entitled to your opinion, but the fact of the matter is that people that receive Obamacare are working, and working hard at full time jobs.  These are exactly the people that we want to keep in this country, so I have to disagree with you that we would deny citizenship to these people.  

Again, Obamacare is a complete crаp. Read more here: http://fortune.com/2016/08/22/obama-wrong-obamacare/

Give me a few solid points why it's NOT.

Now, why do those who have a full time job need to apply for that? Why not to get anything from healthcare companies with their plans? There's a plan for almost everybody.

$600 for those who work is not that much. Again, you're always welcome not to pay or go somewhere else. Just FYI, I pay $1200 every month for my family. You know what I did? I tripled my income instead of crying on forums.

I am not saying that ALL of those people aren't deserving to be a USC, but the majority does like to sit on benefits, I can assure you.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Springrain22 said:

I highly doubt this. New citizens won't beat old ones. People will vote for Trump again, because his actions are true actions that make difference and improve things.

Well take a look at the statistics on how/where new immigrants votes. Whether or not the current president is actually improving the lives of everyday Americans is yet to be seem.  However, I can say one thing he hasn't done anything for me or my family neither has the last two presidents before him, so I won't be holding my breath.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Unidentified said:

Oh really? Last election there were a lot of immigrants voting for Trump. Democrats are being way to loony tunes at the moment to be voted for. And this comes from someone who doesn't even like Trump. 

The problem with politics anywhere in the world we choose a side and stay there no matter what.  I don't care for democrats or republicans, I care about issues that affects my community.  I don't hate or like the current president however instead of harping on the pettiness the media is projection dig a little deeper.  The president before this one was to offer hope to the disenfranchised however it has the adverse effect. 

We vote for these people, lets hold there foot to the fire.  When a 28 y-o won the primary for my district over a 14 term career politician who did nothing for his voters, I cheered because that's what true democracy is about.  Not about like or love.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Michelle M said:

Well take a look at the statistics on how/where new immigrants votes. Whether or not the current president is actually improving the lives of everyday Americans is yet to be seem.  However, I can say one thing he hasn't done anything for me or my family neither has the last two presidents before him, so I won't be holding my breath.

He has done to me and my family. My taxes went down, not a lot, but they went down. I see less people who is here illegally and I see more fear in those who wanted to break the immigration law. It does matter to me as well. So let's see what is going to be next but I foresee him for 2022 for sure. 90% of those who scream "he's not my president" will change their mind in a few years, 100%.

Timeline
Just now, Springrain22 said:

He has done to me and my family. My taxes went down, not a lot, but they went down. I see less people who is here illegally and I see more fear in those who wanted to break the immigration law. It does matter to me as well. So let's see what is going to be next but I foresee him for 2022 for sure. 90% of those who scream "he's not my president" will change their mind in a few years, 100%.

I am very happy for you.  My taxes went up, guess I should thank him.. I agree with you he will win another term, but not because he's so great but because money talks in American politics.

The same discourse happened with the one before him and it will continue long after he's no  longer president.  FACTS.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.