TBoneTX

January 2018 I-129F Filers, Part II

2,648 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Alright guys, im starting to get paranoid to the point of thinking that maybe USCIS didn't even receive my petition. So just to make sure i'm not going crazy, I have a copy of the I-797C here with my fiancees name and my name and a receipt number. That means our case was received right? lol

Im asking this because I went to track the package sent back in Jan on the USPS site and it says ''Label Created, not yet in system''. It was one of those Click-N-Ship labels and i've read that someones the post office doesn't scan those and just mails them out. But at this point im paranoid about everything.

Timeline
20 minutes ago, SilverMonk said:

Alright guys, im starting to get paranoid to the point of thinking that maybe USCIS didn't even receive my petition. So just to make sure i'm not going crazy, I have a copy of the I-797C here with my fiancees name and my name and a receipt number. That means our case was received right? lol

Im asking this because I went to track the package sent back in Jan on the USPS site and it says ''Label Created, not yet in system''. It was one of those Click-N-Ship labels and i've read that someones the post office doesn't scan those and just mails them out. But at this point im paranoid about everything.

If you have the 797, you are good to go 😉

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Sending back my completed RFE tomorrow. Should I take it to the post office and get tracking? Should I just attach regular stamps to it? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
38 minutes ago, Adam Zollinger said:

Sending back my completed RFE tomorrow. Should I take it to the post office and get tracking? Should I just attach regular stamps to it? 

Send it express with a tracking number..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
2 hours ago, SilverMonk said:

Relax.  THe waiting process can play all sorts of tricks with your mInd.  If you have your i797 with your receipt number they have received your petition.    You can also look up your receipt number online if that give you additional assurance.

Timeline

I created a topic under the service center forum but let me ask here since maybe someone will be able to help up.

So, my fiancee lives in Massachusetts and we've been looking into booking an infopass appointment for a couple of days now but there are never times available in the Boston Field Office. That being said, we started looking into other field offices close buy such as Providence (Rhode Island) Field office since they have more appointments readily available. And providence is the same driving distance to my fiancees house as Boston is.

So we would like to schedule an appointment at the Providence Field office, but since its in a different state. We're worried they might not let us attend the appointment upon arrival.

Does any one know if we can go to the providence field office for an infopass appointment since its close to us, although in a different state?

Thanks in advance for any help and advice.

Timeline
22 minutes ago, Lucy&Jason said:

@SilverMonk i have read in the December thread that someone received NOID after months of waiting. Do you know the reason of their NOID?

I believe they forgot to include a lot of documents in their petition. Proof of meeting in person, intent to marry letter, passport pictures and few other things. I think they thought they only needed that at the embassy stage. But I believe they already responded to the NOID because theyve known for some good time that they were getting one apparently. But a NOID is just a more serious RFE.

Timeline
1 minute ago, SilverMonk said:

I believe they forgot to include a lot of documents in their petition. Proof of meeting in person, intent to marry letter, passport pictures and few other things. I think they thought they only needed that at the embassy stage. But I believe they already responded to the NOID because theyve known for some good time that they were getting one apparently. But a NOID is just a more serious RFE.

Oh i see. Hopefully things will go back to normal for them. 🤞 

Thanks for the info.

Timeline
4 hours ago, SilverMonk said:

Does any one know if we can go to the providence field office for an infopass appointment since its close to us, although in a different state?

I think it’s not a problem. I have read you can you choose a field office that’s close to your place. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Praying this week for all my friends still waiting!!!! Come on USCIS get those January filers their approvals 🙏🏽♥️🙏🏽♥️

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.