18 posts in this topic

He guys,

I'm from Morocco and i just finished high school and willing to continue my studies in the states.

I got it all figured out, my finances are good and i can afford schools there, my english is good and i'm passing the Toefl in September, but i noticed that when applying for schools they require a high school transcript, i dont know what that means, i know it may be translating my high school grades and my diploma but i dont know where it should be done here in Morocco.

Do you guys have an idea?

Thanks in advance!

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

22 minutes ago, snowboo said:

He guys,

I'm from Morocco and i just finished high school and willing to continue my studies in the states.

I got it all figured out, my finances are good and i can afford schools there, my english is good and i'm passing the Toefl in September, but i noticed that when applying for schools they require a high school transcript, i dont know what that means, i know it may be translating my high school grades and my diploma but i dont know where it should be done here in Morocco.

Do you guys have an idea?

Thanks in advance!

A transcript is basically an offical listing of all your grades. Some countries differ markedly to the US, which has it for all classes for all 4 years of high school - many are not as detailed. You may also want to specifically contact the international student offices at your target schools to see if they have particular requirements for Morocco.

Edited by SusieQQQ

6 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

A transcript is basically an offical listing of all your grades. Some countries differ markedly to the US, which has it for all classes for all 4 years of high school - many are not as detailed. You may also want to specifically contact the international student offices at your target schools to see if they have particular requirements for Morocco.

Oh thanks!

WES is for equivalency. There is no indication in the original post that any form of equivalency translation is required. International student offices at reputable universities know what they need to see from each country applying. What they are asking for is a transcript, not an equivalency certification of that.

1 minute ago, SusieQQQ said:

WES is for equivalency. There is no indication in the original post that any form of equivalency translation is required. International student offices at reputable universities know what they need to see from each country applying. What they are asking for is a transcript, not an equivalency certification of that.

Thats what i thought too! Any ideas on where i can do the transcripts?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Some schools might only accept transcripts evaluated, translated, notarized, and sent directly by reputable organizations such as WES mentioned above.

Some schools required the transcript to be sent by the school in a sealed envelope.

Consult the website of the schools you are intending to apply.

This is my school's requirement fyr:

https://ssl.uh.edu/admissions/apply/international/steps-applying/intl-freshman/

"Official academic records should be sent to UH directly from your school/institution, mailed in sealed envelopes. See mailing address below."

30 minutes ago, snowboo said:

It will normally come either from your school or from the examination authority, depending on your particular system (for example American high schools come from each school district but in my home country it comes from the national school leaving examination authority). As another poster mentioned above, they are usually submitted directly to the university, either by mail or electronically, from whoever is the correct authority. If you don’t know who to ask, you should contact the school you graduated from and ask them who is in charge of issuing these.

Edited by SusieQQQ

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I had the same problem because my high school from my country only gave me a diploma not transcripts. I talked to the college and they told me they could accepted  a translated diploma in English. Maybe you can do the same.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
30 minutes ago, snowboo said:

Hi!
My daughter went to Duke university for her undergrad. She applied as an international student and high school transcripts were required as a part of application. She created a document in English with the list of all classes she had been taking and her final grades for the last three years of school. Then she had the school principal to sign the document and put a wet seal on it. That sufficed. 

9 minutes ago, Mom and Son said:

I had the same problem because my high school from my country only gave me a diploma not transcripts. I talked to the college and they told me they could accepted  a translated diploma in English. Maybe you can do the same.

where did u do the translation? 

8 minutes ago, JSWH said:

Hi!
My daughter went to Duke university for her undergrad. She applied as an international student and high school transcripts were required as a part of application. She created a document in English with the list of all classes she had been taking and her final grades for the last three years of school. Then she had the school principal to sign the document and put a wet seal on it. That sufficed. 

Interesting! I may try that too.

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

http://www.foreigndocumenttranslation.com/

They charged $27. It was accepted for my college. 

I have used this site for immigration purposes too. They will return the translated document in two days and you do not have to send the original, just a scanned copy. Highly recommended. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.