2,949 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, sandranj said:

To file for l131 you need to file for adjustment of status, form l485, l-131(optional), l765(category C9) optional, l864W, submit l693 after Vawa approval because the medical exam is valid for just one year, and we believe Uscis will not issue RFE for medical exam anymore regarding the cases filed after 11, 2018 and they can deny the cases because the person didn’t submit all forms required by the Law. File form G1145, if your Vawa was approved submit a copy of the approval, if you can’t pay the fees then  file form l912,check the fees in the Uscis website. I am posting here just the forms but you need to submit several documents. Please read the Vawa threads part 8,9,10 and you will have an idea how Vawa works ok.

Okay perfect .. Thank you so so much Sandra.. Really you are our god's angel .

51 minutes ago, iwillsurvive said:

No, it’s just an appoinment he made, that will not affect anything. I do believe though that it is selfish not to cancel the appointment when there are so many immigrants in dire need of an appointment.  

Thanks for the information, however, please allow me to better understand:

She could not cancel before the appointment time came, she canceled the interview after the interview time had passed.

Thanks iwillsurvive for your help!

1 minute ago, Florecita_Bella said:

Thanks for the information, however, please allow me to better understand:

She could not cancel before the appointment time came, she canceled the interview after the interview time had passed.

Thanks iwillsurvive for your help!

As a common courtesy, when you know you can’t attend an Infopass appointment, you should always cancel the  appointment beforehand, so that the time slot is freed up/shows up on the InfoPass page again and someone else is able to schedule an appointment during that time. We all know that it is difficult to schedule an appointment, so you should really tell your friend to be more mindful of this going forward. 

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 hours ago, Hanna Bui said:

Pls verify to me: If i have approved GC, my abroad child will be issued immidiative visa based on my spouse as USC or have to wait for active visa based on my status as greencard holder?

Thank you in advance for your time. I hope your everything is doing great, Sandra.

After approving  your AOS file form I-824 and after 10/12 months  your child will be here.

12 minutes ago, Ziongirl said:

First of all I want to take this chance to thank God, sandraj and everyone for your moral support, I remember when I posted my issue the only response she gave was, yes you have a strong case and you will have an approval. My case was due to mental, sexual, financial, and physical abuse but with physical I never reported it, so It was just in my affidavit,  I went to the ywca and because I had just gone there for 1 week the just wrote a two sentence letter asking the person who will receive the letter that they are assisting me.

2: I had a restraining order valid for I think 14days

3. Marriage certificate 

4. Our lease

4 bank statement 

5: a letter from one friend, because everyone did not want to associate with me.

6: my 6 pages my affidavit 

7: and form i 360

I was not able to obtain a moral character report from the police and yes i was waiting for their letter requesting the same.

15 June 2017 -i sent the package 

19th june _ package recieved 

No request for moral character report,  no premia facia and I was not sure what was happening. 

Total silence until 15th oct 2018 form I 360 approved

I feel blessed very blessed.

What about psychological evaluation?

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
8 hours ago, Ziongirl said:

First of all I want to take this chance to thank God, sandraj and everyone for your moral support, I remember when I posted my issue the only response she gave was, yes you have a strong case and you will have an approval. My case was due to mental, sexual, financial, and physical abuse but with physical I never reported it, so It was just in my affidavit,  I went to the ywca and because I had just gone there for 1 week the just wrote a two sentence letter asking the person who will receive the letter that they are assisting me.

2: I had a restraining order valid for I think 14days

3. Marriage certificate 

4. Our lease

4 bank statement 

5: a letter from one friend, because everyone did not want to associate with me.

6: my 6 pages my affidavit 

7: and form i 360

I was not able to obtain a moral character report from the police and yes i was waiting for their letter requesting the same.

15 June 2017 -i sent the package 

19th june _ package recieved 

No request for moral character report,  no premia facia and I was not sure what was happening. 

Total silence until 15th oct 2018 form I 360 approved

I feel blessed very blessed.

Congratulations. When you have/had a restraining order then you don’t need a psychological evaluation.

I had cases the survivor didn’t attend the hearing to extend the restraining order because the person was in despair at that point but because the case was VERY strong I was able to explain to USCIS why the person didn’t ask to extend the restraining order.In your case you had a restraining order and they could corroborate the RO with your story.

Good morning everyone, please keep your finger crossed for me this Friday, I have a court date and hopefully I wimpy go to jail. I mean I finaly presses charges for a violation of a restraining order against my spouse hopefully they won’t putbme in jail . 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bahamas
Timeline
32 minutes ago, sandranj said:

Congratulations. When you have/had a restraining order then you don’t need a psychological evaluation.

I had cases the survivor didn’t attend the hearing to extend the restraining order because the person was in despair at that point but because the case was VERY strong I was able to explain to USCIS why the person didn’t ask to extend the restraining order.In your case you had a restraining order and they could corroborate the RO with your story.

Thank you so much am not sure what to tell you in particular,  when you just told me I had a strong case I believed I met someone online who understood my predicament,  when all hope was gone you brought hope in me. God comes through people like you to uplift His people.

I had one I 485 form pending but later they gave me denial, my question is should I file a new one? And my medicals have expired do i get one to send along with the new I 485 forms? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.