2,949 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, xoxox said:

Good Morning Everyone .

I was wondering please .

Does anyone has approval vawa eligible to apply for I 131 along with 485 ? If yes what is requirements to submit I 131 and How much filing fee for 131 ?            I appreciate your help and time  .. God bless you .

Do I have to approve to USCIS that I have Emergency and reasons for traveling when I submit 131 or just I can apply for it without problems ? Thanks.

Edited by xoxox

7 minutes ago, xoxox said:

Do I have to approve to USCIS that I have Emergency and reasons for traveling when I submit 131 or just I can apply for it without problems ? Thanks.

You can just apply for it. It doesn’t have to be an emergency. You can find all the information, including the filing fees here:

https://www.uscis.gov/i-131

If you qualify for a fee waiver, submit I-912 along with it. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 10/14/2018 at 1:52 AM, GodBlessYou said:

Hello, 

I had an i485 interview in June,2018 after VAWA approved in March,2018. 

When I got an Interview, the Officer said he will make a decision in a few days. I didnot get any of paper.

However, since then, I didn't get any GC approval letter. It already passed 3 and half months now. I contacted local congressman and Senator and got an answer from USCIS that my case is still pending. 

Even my USCIS website doesn't update anything since VAWA approved. I tired to make an appointment with infopass, there is no spot. 

Any of you guys have similar case like me? 

Sandranj, do u have similar case like mine? 

My case is like yours. 

my interview  was in january 17th, 2018. 

The IO officer said it was approved, then I should receive the GC, but since then, nothing arrived. 

I already did infopass and asked help for my senator and congressman. 

Immigration says that they are doing a background review and is no timeframe to give me an answer. 

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
3 hours ago, xoxox said:

Good Morning Everyone .

I was wondering please .

Does anyone has approval vawa eligible to apply for I 131 along with 485 ? If yes what is requirements to submit I 131 and How much filing fee for 131 ?            I appreciate your help and time  .. God bless you .

To file for l131 you need to file for adjustment of status, form l485, l-131(optional), l765(category C9) optional, l864W, submit l693 after Vawa approval because the medical exam is valid for just one year, and we believe Uscis will not issue RFE for medical exam anymore regarding the cases filed after 11, 2018 and they can deny the cases because the person didn’t submit all forms required by the Law. File form G1145, if your Vawa was approved submit a copy of the approval, if you can’t pay the fees then  file form l912,check the fees in the Uscis website. I am posting here just the forms but you need to submit several documents. Please read the Vawa threads part 8,9,10 and you will have an idea how Vawa works ok.

23 minutes ago, Florecita_Bella said:

Hi all,

Someone please help me with the following question:
What happens if someone can not attend an appointment they had at Infopass?
Is that a person I know could not cancel his appointment he had in Infopass.
Thanks for your comments…

https://my.uscis.gov/appointment

There is an option to View Your Appointment. You can cancel the appointment there and free up the timeslot for someone in need of an appointment. 

Please make sure to look at USCIS pages in depth before asking here. It is very easy to find this option on the website. 

11 minutes ago, iwillsurvive said:

https://my.uscis.gov/appointment

There is an option to View Your Appointment. You can cancel the appointment there and free up the timeslot for someone in need of an appointment. 

Please make sure to look at USCIS pages in depth before asking here. It is very easy to find this option on the website.  

What happens is that the time of the appointment has already passed, that is, he could not attend at the time of his appointment.
I want to know if this would cause any problems for not having attended or canceled the appointment.

Thank you!!

On 10/13/2018 at 4:47 PM, sandranj said:

You can file the I-824 along with your I-485,or after your I-485 approval, but NVC will forward  to the U.S Consulate the form I-824 just after your green card is approved. I prefer to file form I-824 with USCIS after the AOS approval because I saw many cases that USCIS forgot  that the I-824 was submitted and they didn't ship the file to the Consulate and people were waiting for several months and found out that USCIS didn't even initiate the I-824 process.

Pls verify to me: If i have approved GC, my abroad child will be issued immidiative visa based on my spouse as USC or have to wait for active visa based on my status as greencard holder?

Thank you in advance for your time. I hope your everything is doing great, Sandra.

3 hours ago, Florecita_Bella said:

What happens is that the time of the appointment has already passed, that is, he could not attend at the time of his appointment.
I want to know if this would cause any problems for not having attended or canceled the appointment.

Thank you!!

No, it’s just an appoinment he made, that will not affect anything. I do believe though that it is selfish not to cancel the appointment when there are so many immigrants in dire need of an appointment. 

8 hours ago, iwillsurvive said:

You can just apply for it. It doesn’t have to be an emergency. You can find all the information, including the filing fees here:

https://www.uscis.gov/i-131

If you qualify for a fee waiver, submit I-912 along with it. 

Perfect , Thank you so much for your answer .. Really I appreciate .

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.