2,949 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Haiti
Timeline
2 hours ago, iwillsurvive said:

Just take a deep breath and wait for the RFE to see what it is about. Oftentimes it is only a small thing they are requesting. No need to stress about it. 

Did you submit police clearance from all places you lived in since June 2013 (3 years prior to June 2016)? 

Thank you ! Yes I did since July 2017 

Tomorrow is the last date to submit my RFE response.  I have submitted everything to her. 😌

My attorney not replying to me.

1.  If my attorney , do not reply by tomorrow, Can I send documents tomorrow or by Monday by myself ?
  2. Can I go and submit byself tomrrow, and USCIS Vermount center accept the packages from individual . Any idea.
  3.  Does USCIS accept late response to RFE if I show my attorney ditched?

Senior members please suggest.

Timeline
32 minutes ago, iwillsurvive said:

Wait, you said you filed in June 2016. Did you mean June 2017? 

And what do you mean you submitted police clearance since July 2017? It should be since 3 year prior to filing VAWA. 

I filed June 2017 sorry .and they ask me for police clearance in July 2017 .they ask me for more evidence now 

Timeline
1 hour ago, iwillsurvive said:

Oh that makes sense now. Thank you for explaining. 

Just wait to see what they are asking for. We are here to help you!

1 hour ago, iwillsurvive said:

Oh that makes sense now. Thank you for explaining. 

Just wait to see what they are asking for. We are here to help you!

I appreciate that.thank you so nice of you .i will let you know.

Timeline
1 hour ago, MimoMinkov said:

Good morning you amazing people, please keep me in your prayers I’m going to my court date today against my abuser.  Hopefully they won’t put me in jail. 🙏🏻🙏🏻❤️

No worries.God is in control!

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline
19 hours ago, iwillsurvive said:

I had my Green Card interview yesterday in Santa Ana. Today I got the online update that my card is being produced. I am so happy right now! After 22 months, the journey is coming to an end!

the interview itself was very simple. They called me 45 minutes after my appointment time, the interview then lasted for maybe 15-20 minutes. I had a female officer who was very cold. She put me under oath first and asked for my passport. Since it is a new once that I haven’t used to travel, she also asked to see my old one with my visas and entry stamps. She then asked me to confirm my personal information that’s on the I-485 form (full name, DOB, citizenship, address, marital status, etc.). Since a few things had changed for me since filing the form back in 2016, my attorney handed her a piece of paper listing all the changes. She then asked my about my occupation and noted the changes on her form in red. Then she asked me a lot of the yes/no questions, which I answered with no of course. She then asked about my first visa and if I ever entered on the visa waiver program, which I answered yes to. She had her own printout of my entry/exit history into the US. She then said that she will review my case until the end of the day and let me know if she needs anything else. I didn’t hear back yesterday but just got the update that my card is being produced. Hoping it will be here fast!

Congrats, this is amazing. Im so happy for you. God is charge! 

2 hours ago, MimoMinkov said:

Good morning you amazing people, please keep me in your prayers I’m going to my court date today against my abuser.  Hopefully they won’t put me in jail. 🙏🏻🙏🏻❤️

Hello,

Sending you plenty of positive energy and light, God has you covered, you will go in and win this case against your abuser in Jesus mighty name, amen. Don't fret, God is with you.

My abuser withdrew his immigration petition for me after my divorce attorney sent a subpoena to his job asking to see his real income because he submitted fake tax returns to the court (his bank deposits which were commission checks were 11 times what he was claiming as gross income on his taxes), he thought I would be too scared to show up in court because he withdrew his immigration petition for me, not only have I been attending ALL hearings, the judge has ordered him twice to pay my new attorney's fees which is some thousands of dollars $2,500 and $3,500 (my abuser is certainly NOT happy about that, he threw a fit outside court that day), now that can only be God's doing, just waiting for final trial and victory on that day.

So I know that God will give you victory today and always. Stay strong and be blessed.

Hey everyone

I applied for VAWA 8/28 PD

They sent me a RFE for police clearnce on 10/1

I sent it back to them on 10/15

My questions are:

1. How long is it going to take for them to receive it and continue working on my case?

2. I also applied for combo card, will that also be delayed until they receive RFE or not?

Thanks everyone! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.