200 posts in this topic

Resubmitted package with FedEx first priority overnight! Burned a 100 bucks :(

Didn’t have the prepared digital files so had to do everything all over again by ourselves. We fired the lawyer. Took us ONE DAY to assemble package, with color sticky labels at the bottom of the sheet, and stacked in fillers. Prepped cover letters for all forms to apologize for lousy lawyer, and also to notify that we changed the mailing address (took out the lawyer mailing address part).

07/12/2018: initial submission of AOS package (I130/I130A, I485, I864, I765, I131)

07/23/2018: whole package got returned to home address due to invalid G28 and outdated I485 form, NOA was dated 07/18/2018

07/24/2018: called USCIS

07/25/2018: resubmitted NEW AOS package with green rejection placed on top of file. Used some USCIS stamped materials from the initial package for supporting documents

07/27/2018: estimate arrival date at USCIS Chicago 

Still a July 2018 filer, HA!

Edited by EducatedByAnimals

📊 I-751 February Filers Google Sheet 📅
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dVymNvhlk1PMq-cTmX7MAvC6bHOwZEL58N-XNe2yq0g/edit?usp=sharing

🇺🇸 N-400 Info for Taiwan 🇹🇼
A USA citizenship applicant who was born in Taiwan may indicate Taiwan as the country of birth on their Form N-400 if he or she shows supporting evidence. Such applicants’ Certificates of Citizenship are issued showing Taiwan as country of birth. USCIS does not issue certificates showing “Taiwan, PRC,” “Taiwan, China,” “Taiwan, Republic of China,” or “Taiwan, ROC.” People’s Republic of China (PRC) is the country name used for applicants born in the PRC. (see USCIS reference: part K chapter 2 footnote 4)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Checks got cashed in today! Excited about this little step ;) No e-notifications there yet though. 

(FYI: so checks were cashed in exactly a week after the package was delivered to lockbox).

Timeline:  

16-JUL-2018 - Mailed AOS package (130/130A/485/864/765) - DAY1

26-JUL-2018 - Checks cashed-in and e-notifications received - DAY11

31-JUL-2018 - NOAs (hardcopies) received in mail - DAY16

03-AUG-2018 - Biometric invitation received in mail - DAY19

16-AUG-2018 - Biometric appointment DAY32

09-AUF-2018 - RFE

05-SEP-2018 - USCIS received submission for RFE

12-SEP-2018 - Case is ready to be scheduled for interview

02-NOV-2018 - EAD approved (email notice)

55 minutes ago, oceaninspired said:

Checks got cashed in today! Excited about this little step ;) No e-notifications there yet though. 

(FYI: so checks were cashed in exactly a week after the package was delivered to lockbox).

I got my notifications the same evening that the checks were cashed. Hoping you get yours tonight, too!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
20 hours ago, EducatedByAnimals said:

Resubmitted package with FedEx first priority overnight! Burned a 100 bucks :(

Didn’t have the prepared digital files so had to do everything all over again by ourselves. We fired the lawyer. Took us ONE DAY to assemble package, with color sticky labels at the bottom of the sheet, and stacked in fillers. Prepped cover letters for all forms to apologize for lousy lawyer, and also to notify that we changed the mailing address (took out the lawyer mailing address part).

07/12/2018: initial submission of AOS package (I130/I130A, I485, I864, I765, I131)

07/23/2018: whole package got returned to home address due to invalid G28 and outdated I485 form, NOA was dated 07/18/2018

07/24/2018: called USCIS

07/25/2018: resubmitted NEW AOS package with green rejection placed on top of file. Used some USCIS stamped materials from the initial package for supporting documents

07/27/2018: estimate arrival date at USCIS Chicago 

Still a July 2018 filer, HA!

You could have used your old forms but it is too late anyways. But just in case anyone else is in this topic will bei the same situation. 

I resubmitted my original paperwork with the time stamps from the office and put the green paper on top. I only swapped form i-824 with a new form since it was about to expire/be replaced and I didn't want to take any risks. 

In your case it is also different because your lawyer prepared your first package. I checked my original paperworks o many times, I did not want to reprint a new version because I knew my original package good and I was too scared that my reprinted version had a mistake in it. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
9 hours ago, alol said:

I got my notifications the same evening that the checks were cashed. Hoping you get yours tonight, too!

you were absolutely right, received my emails just a minute ago! didn't expect them at such an late hour ;)

Timeline:  

16-JUL-2018 - Mailed AOS package (130/130A/485/864/765) - DAY1

26-JUL-2018 - Checks cashed-in and e-notifications received - DAY11

31-JUL-2018 - NOAs (hardcopies) received in mail - DAY16

03-AUG-2018 - Biometric invitation received in mail - DAY19

16-AUG-2018 - Biometric appointment DAY32

09-AUF-2018 - RFE

05-SEP-2018 - USCIS received submission for RFE

12-SEP-2018 - Case is ready to be scheduled for interview

02-NOV-2018 - EAD approved (email notice)

Hello everyone, 

On July 25, I was able to do an early walk-in for the Biometric service (a week before my appointment).

I am not sure whats next! 

Applied: July 5th - (AOS, EAD & AP) 

Payment Processed: July 12th 

E-notice: July 13th 

NOA 1 to 3 & Biometric NOA: July 20th 

Biometric Appointment: July 31st

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
On 7/20/2018 at 11:25 PM, alol said:

Haha, I think calling your lawyer's office is totally fine - I'm sure they're used to it! Your friend sounds very lucky to have gotten her biometrics done already! But it's a marathon not a sprint, I'm sure we'll have a chance to catch up to her soon :)

Are you sure they put your phone number and email on the G-1145? If they put their details, perhaps they got the notification...

USCIS sent me two snail-mail letters, one that they have received my application and one that it was approved. They entered my case in their so-called on-line tracking system two days AFTER I got the 'approved letter.' The only entry in the tracking system is 'approved and sent to vpc.'

They have the nerve to call this 'tracking!' It's an insult!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline
7 hours ago, MKM said:

Hello everyone, 

On July 25, I was able to do an early walk-in for the Biometric service (a week before my appointment).

I am not sure whats next! 

Applied: July 5th - (AOS, EAD & AP) 

Payment Processed: July 12th 

E-notice: July 13th 

NOA 1 to 3 & Biometric NOA: July 20th 

Biometric Appointment: July 31st

I'm on the same boat. Next is probably the case status will change to "Ready to schedule for interview" and they will give us an interview date.

June 28, 2018         : AOS Package Sent

July 02, 2018          : AOS Package delivered at USCIS Chicago Lockbox

July 10, 2018          : Received USCIS e-notification for AOS package reception

July 14, 2018          : Received hardcopies of all 3 NOA1s by mail

July 20, 2018          : Received Biometric Appointment Notice by mail || Appointment date: August 3, 2018

July 25, 2018          : Biometrics done in Lubbock, TX - Early Walk-In successful!

July 31, 2018          : Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview

August 2, 2018       : I-130 petition approved (received e-notification)

August 6, 2018       : Received I-130 approval notice (NOA2) by mail 

October 25, 2018   : I-765 approved (received e-notification _ New Card Is Being Produced)

October 28, 2018   : Received I-765 & I-131 approval notice by mail

November 1, 2018 : Received EAD Combo Card by mail

July 03, 2019          : An Interview was scheduled

July 11, 2019          : Received Interview Notice by mail

August 8, 2019       : Attended AOS interview and got approved

August 12, 2019     : Received AOS approval notice by mail

August 15, 2019     : Received Green Card by mail

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
5 minutes ago, hoangthaihuy said:

Been a week since delivery. Nothing yet. :(

You are SO overly optimistic. I also got NOTHING. I was trying to find my case in their 'online tracking system' but that just kept telling me my case number was invalid and I should correct my error.

Six months plus a few days after I got my first notice (by letter) I got a second notice (by letter) that my petition had been approved and had been sent to the Visa Processing Center in New Hampshire. A couple of days AFTER that second letter, they FINALLY added my case to their (totally useless) on-line tracking system!

Don't hold your breath!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
1 hour ago, Joschka said:

You are SO overly optimistic. I also got NOTHING. I was trying to find my case in their 'online tracking system' but that just kept telling me my case number was invalid and I should correct my error.

Six months plus a few days after I got my first notice (by letter) I got a second notice (by letter) that my petition had been approved and had been sent to the Visa Processing Center in New Hampshire. A couple of days AFTER that second letter, they FINALLY added my case to their (totally useless) on-line tracking system!

Don't hold your breath!

Fur real?

I seems like everybody has their NOA1 within two weeks. But yours is so extreme. 

Timing is a little tough for me, I need to plan ahead for the Fall semester and it's only 3 weeks apart. :(

5 hours ago, AhsanTX said:

I'm on the same boat. Next is probably the case status will change to "Ready to schedule for interview" and they will give us an interview date.

Thanks Ahsan for your help. Let's keep each other updated.

I am still waiting for the status to change. Hopefully, it will be soon. Which app do you use to get notification from USCIS? 

I would like to get the AP before September, not sure if this is possible. 

Edited by MKM

Hi,

I would like to hear from July AOS filers. I filed from Baltimore, sent to the Chicago lockbox on July 19th and according to the tracker received on July 23rd and signed by J ROBINSON. Filing AOS from F-1. Haven’t received any e-notifications yet and checks have not been cashed. How’s everyone progress?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I can tell you from our experience that if you file to the Chicago lockbox, be prepared for a 4-5 week wait for your NOA-1. We mailed late February and did not get our NOA-1 until around March 25th. But our appointment at USCIS in Buffalo was scheduled just 10 days after the notification, so be patient and then things will move quickly.

6 minutes ago, Bob_B said:

I can tell you from our experience that if you file to the Chicago lockbox, be prepared for a 4-5 week wait for your NOA-1. We mailed late February and did not get our NOA-1 until around March 25th. But our appointment at USCIS in Buffalo was scheduled just 10 days after the notification, so be patient and then things will move quickly.

Are you referring to the text/email notifs or letter? Thanks for letting me know btw! How far are you with the process? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.