200 posts in this topic

Hi there!

I've noticed that no one opened a discussion for July 2018 AOS filers, so I decided to do it. Since we're all going to be anxious, why not share and experience the anxiety with the online community? HA!

Let me start by sharing a few things about me. I'm a veterinarian in my home country and my husband is a physician. One day my "then-fiance-now-husband" surprised me with a visit to the county office to get a marriage license! After a week we got married by a retired judge, it was a very simple and  sweet ceremony and I've never been happier in my life. I'm currently a homemaker/housewife and I spend some time volunteering at the local animal shelter when I'm not busy studying for my USA vet boards. I do reccomend finding something to during the wait, it will definitely help with the anxiety.  

Good luck to everyone!

Edited by Dr_C's_Vet

📊 I-751 February Filers Google Sheet 📅
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dVymNvhlk1PMq-cTmX7MAvC6bHOwZEL58N-XNe2yq0g/edit?usp=sharing

🇺🇸 N-400 Info for Taiwan 🇹🇼
A USA citizenship applicant who was born in Taiwan may indicate Taiwan as the country of birth on their Form N-400 if he or she shows supporting evidence. Such applicants’ Certificates of Citizenship are issued showing Taiwan as country of birth. USCIS does not issue certificates showing “Taiwan, PRC,” “Taiwan, China,” “Taiwan, Republic of China,” or “Taiwan, ROC.” People’s Republic of China (PRC) is the country name used for applicants born in the PRC. (see USCIS reference: part K chapter 2 footnote 4)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Yesterday (July 11 in US, July 12 in Taiwan,) I received a notice from the NVC that allows me to continue this process for my wife. On my timeline (here) the AOS data field is hidden; stating that my type of visa (IR-1) does not require an AOS. Nevertheless, the NVC online system presented me with a bill for an AOS (US$120) which I have paid. What is going on here?

Hi all! This is my first post on the forum, however, I've been using the forum and VJ as a resource for awhile to help with my numerous questions with the process and paperwork for adjusting status. It has been really invaluable having the deeply knowledgable people here to help!

A bit about my case: My wife and I have been together since February of last year, I managed to convince my work to send me to the US on an L1 visa, which is what I've been doing since November of last year (definitely good to be doing something like Dr_C's_Vet says). My wife and I got married in February of this year :)

We sent off our paperwork yesterday, the 12th of July, after a lot of double, triple and quadruple checking. It should arrive at the Chicago Lockbox on Monday.

It'll be great to have updates from people who filed around the same time. Good luck everyone!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Hi, I also filed my AOS in July 2018. Currently working in US under my F-1 OPT status. 

Hope everything goes well for everyone here.

Edited by AhsanTX

June 28, 2018         : AOS Package Sent

July 02, 2018          : AOS Package delivered at USCIS Chicago Lockbox

July 10, 2018          : Received USCIS e-notification for AOS package reception

July 14, 2018          : Received hardcopies of all 3 NOA1s by mail

July 20, 2018          : Received Biometric Appointment Notice by mail || Appointment date: August 3, 2018

July 25, 2018          : Biometrics done in Lubbock, TX - Early Walk-In successful!

July 31, 2018          : Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview

August 2, 2018       : I-130 petition approved (received e-notification)

August 6, 2018       : Received I-130 approval notice (NOA2) by mail 

October 25, 2018   : I-765 approved (received e-notification _ New Card Is Being Produced)

October 28, 2018   : Received I-765 & I-131 approval notice by mail

November 1, 2018 : Received EAD Combo Card by mail

July 03, 2019          : An Interview was scheduled

July 11, 2019          : Received Interview Notice by mail

August 8, 2019       : Attended AOS interview and got approved

August 12, 2019     : Received AOS approval notice by mail

August 15, 2019     : Received Green Card by mail

On F1 visa too, we managed to get everything done before the F1 expired. Didn’t bother to apply for opt (I wasn’t on opt/cpt) because we don’t want the authorities the get confused, so am unfortunately jobless 😂. We sent ours on the 12 th so hopefully will receive an NOA1 in around 10 days (don’t know if it’s faster or slower these days).

Fingers crossed for everyone! 

Edited by Dr_C's_Vet

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dVymNvhlk1PMq-cTmX7MAvC6bHOwZEL58N-XNe2yq0g/edit?usp=sharing

A USA citizenship applicant who was born in Taiwan may indicate Taiwan as the country of birth on their Form N-400 if he or she shows supporting evidence. Such applicants’ Certificates of Citizenship are issued showing Taiwan as country of birth. USCIS does not issue certificates showing “Taiwan, PRC,” “Taiwan, China,” “Taiwan, Republic of China,” or “Taiwan, ROC.” People’s Republic of China (PRC) is the country name used for applicants born in the PRC. (see USCIS reference: part K chapter 2 footnote 4)

16 hours ago, Joschka said:

Yesterday (July 11 in US, July 12 in Taiwan,) I received a notice from the NVC that allows me to continue this process for my wife. On my timeline (here) the AOS data field is hidden; stating that my type of visa (IR-1) does not require an AOS. Nevertheless, the NVC online system presented me with a bill for an AOS (US$120) which I have paid. What is going on here?

Hi Joschka!

I would have done the same thing, pay whatever bill they sent me first to keep the process going (give them whatever they want) and then ask questions later. 

I’m not entirely familiar with the IR1 process and I think your question is best answered in the IR1/CR1 forum. 

Best of luck to you and your wife! Happy to know that there are more Taiwanese immigrating to the states! 

4 hours ago, DPP123 said:

Hey guys... there is another July 2018 AOS forum

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/677331-july-2018-aos-filers/

That one is for aos-ing from K1 visas.

We are mostly F1, tourist or other work visas. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Hello friends! I mailed my husband's AOS from B2 package on July 6 via UPS and it arrived July 9, 2018...but I still have not received anything. Do you think that means it was rejected and they are sending it back to me.  We desperately need him to be able to work ASAP.  I know I shouldn't stress because it is not in my control....but well I am stressed. 

11 minutes ago, Tilde333 said:

Hello friends! I mailed my husband's AOS from B2 package on July 6 via UPS and it arrived July 9, 2018...but I still have not received anything. Do you think that means it was rejected and they are sending it back to me.  We desperately need him to be able to work ASAP.  I know I shouldn't stress because it is not in my control....but well I am stressed. 

Hey Tilde333 - from what I've seen it can definitely take a bit longer than 6 days, I think 10+ is entirely normal. Have your check(s) been cashed yet? I have my fingers crossed that you get your notifications soon!

Edited by alol

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Hey everyone!

Submitted my AOS package this Monday! It should be in Chicago lockbox already. Waiting for checks being cashed and all the rest. 

Timeline:  

16-JUL-2018 - Mailed AOS package (130/130A/485/864/765) - DAY1

26-JUL-2018 - Checks cashed-in and e-notifications received - DAY11

31-JUL-2018 - NOAs (hardcopies) received in mail - DAY16

03-AUG-2018 - Biometric invitation received in mail - DAY19

16-AUG-2018 - Biometric appointment DAY32

09-AUF-2018 - RFE

05-SEP-2018 - USCIS received submission for RFE

12-SEP-2018 - Case is ready to be scheduled for interview

02-NOV-2018 - EAD approved (email notice)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

I mailed my package on 7/3/18 and heard nothing from USCIS yet. It was prepared by the attorney and they are the one issuing the check so I have no way checking to see if it cashed. I believe I should've got the text/ email if not official NOA.

A friend of mine already got the biometrics appointment and she mailed on the same day. Should I be concerned? I don't want to call my lawyer and look like I'm impatient psycho :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.