CJKylie

N-400 August 2018 Filers

915 posts in this topic

Ladies and gentlemen, we have been approved for citizenship (wife) my step daughter is in 2 hours and hopefully that goes well.Β Β πŸ‡΅πŸ‡­Β πŸ˜Š

AOS & EAD

Got I-693A from Civil Surgeon : 5-10-2006

AOS & EAD packet sent to Chicago : 5-18-2006

AOS & EAD packet recieved by Chicago : 5-20-2006

AOS & EAD Notice of Action recieved : 5-30-2006

My Wife and Stepdaughter's AOS & EAD Touched : 5-31-2006

Checks cashed for AOS & EAD, and Step Daughter aos Touched : 5-31-2006

My Wife's AOS & EAD Touched : 6-5-2006

My Wife and Step Daughter's EAD Touched : 6-13-2006

Biometrics Appointment for EAD & AOS : 6-20-2006 @ 8:00 A.M

My Wife and Step Daughter's EAD & AOS Touched : 6-20-2006 (Bio Done 15 minutes in and out)

My Wife and Step Daughter's EAD & AOS Touched : 6-21-2006

Letter for Aos Interview for My Wife and Step Daughter : 7-29-2006

EAD Approved for my wife and stepdaughter : 8-4-2006(64 days) Whooo!!!!!

Recieved Both EAD Cards in the mail : 8-7-2006

File for SS Cards : 8-9-2006

Returned Stedaughters EAD Card, because dupilcate A# from my wife's card : 8-10-2006

Recieved SS Card in the mail : 8-17-2006

Recieved Letter from USCIS(Corrected EAD is on the way) : 8-28-2006

Aos Interview for My Wife and Step Daughter : 9-11-2006 (Ironic HUH???) WHOOO

AOS Approved : 9-11-2006

Welcome Letter Notice : 9-15-2006

Green Card Recieved : 9-21-2006

Congratulations to everyone who have recently become US citizens.Β  πŸ™‚

Citizenship Timeline:

Β 

Service Center : OnlineΒ  |Β  CIS Office : Columbus OHΒ  |Β  Date Filed : 2018-08-20Β  |Β  NOA Date : 2018-08-21Β  |Β  Bio. Appt. : 2018-09-12Β  |Β  Interview Date : 2018-10-18Β  |Β 
Approved : 2018-10-19Β  |Β  Oath Ceremony : 2018-11-02 Β Β 

Β 

On 3/7/2019 at 9:55 AM, JoseandHelen said:

Ladies and gentlemen, we have been approved for citizenship (wife) my step daughter is in 2 hours and hopefully that goes well.Β Β πŸ‡΅πŸ‡­Β πŸ˜Š

2 approvals waiting on the oath!Β 

AOS & EAD

My Wife and Step Daughter's EAD & AOS Touched : 6-20-2006 (Bio Done 15 minutes in and out)

Returned Stedaughters EAD Card, because dupilcate A# from my wife's card : 8-10-2006

Good afternoon everybody, does anybody know how long it takes to get the website to update with the oath ceremony after the interview our interview was March 7th. Thank you

AOS & EAD

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Does anyone know if the oath ceremony happens on the same day of the interview at Newark, NJ office? My interview is in three weeks.Β 

Β 

Also, what is the process of getting a US passport? Will they give it to us on the day of the oath ceremony or do we have to file for it after we get the certificate of naturalization?Β 

- Removal of Conditions Timeline -

7/31/17 - Mailed I-751 package to Vermont Service Center

8/2/17 - Package received by VSC

8/3/17 - NOA

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
4 minutes ago, piyush31 said:

Does anyone know if the oath ceremony happens on the same day of the interview at Newark, NJ office? My interview is in three weeks.Β 

Β 

Also, what is the process of getting a US passport? Will they give it to us on the day of the oath ceremony or do we have to file for it after we get the certificate of naturalization?Β 

I do not know about nj office but some of the local USCIS offer same day swearing if your case is approved and their is an open spot. Usually you are sent a letter in the mail with regards to the date for your oath.Β 

You file for it when you get your naturalization certificate at the post officeΒ 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Palestine
Timeline
5 minutes ago, piyush31 said:

Β 

Sometimes they do and sometimes they don't, no way to know really, not according to my knowledge but mainly go prepared, if they will have your oath ceremony on the same day they will let you leave and come back later that day so don't worry much about it. Normally it can go from 1-3 months to schedule the oath ceremony.Β 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Palestine
Timeline
7 hours ago, JoseandHelen said:

Good afternoon everybody, does anybody know how long it takes to get the website to update with the oath ceremony after the interview our interview was March 7th. Thank you

I would say, be patient. it takes time usually, rarely that it goes quickly but give it a month or so. My interview was on Feb 25th and till now I didn't hear anything about my oath ceremonyΒ even though i was approved on the spot. I called USCIS And they told me that they update their website after 15th of each month.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
29 minutes ago, piyush31 said:

Β 

If you are approved. Newark has same day oath ceremony. They have 3-4 ceremonies per day. Based on your approval time you will be scheduled for next ceremony on same day.

Β 

passport application is included in the welcome kit. You will need to apply separately. There is a post office close by where you can walk-in with passport application.Β 

Β 

Please makeΒ sure you make a copy of naturalization certificate before you apply for passport as you need to submit original along with the application.

Β 

also make sure your information is correct on naturalization certificate when it is issued as any correctionΒ is immediate and free of charge at that time otherwise fixing it later will take time and also incur some fees.

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I got my interview letter today for April 11th in Detroit despite filing in Chicago. Has anyone given an interview at the Detroit office?

Β 

Also, what documents should I take along with Bank statements, Marriage certificate, pics..anything else? Thanks

Had my interview today, 5th year green card holder.

Β 

Questions that were asked:

Β 

*What is freedom of religion

*How many amendments in the constitution

*Name of governor

*What power does the federal government have

*Who becomes president if the President can no longer serve

*US holidays

Β 

Reading: how many senators are there

Writing there are one hundred senators

Β 

Β 

He asked where I lived in the past, I couldn't remember the exact dates

Where I worked, again I could not remember the exact months. what were my job duties etc.

When I came to US and what jobs I had. I came as F1 student then H1B then Green card.Β 

Β 

Also asked why I traveled so much, how many vacation time I have,Β 

He asked for taxes and I gave him all the tax return forms. Also asked for W2s but I didn't bring them, said it was fine

Had a speeding ticket which I wrote down on the application (seemed it's not required if not arrested)

He fixed the application saying it was paid.Β 

Β 

Decision could not be made, he will review my file and said it will take 2-4 weeks. sigh.

Β 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I just got done with my interview today. I had a pending i751 with a three year marriage naturalization. The interviewer began with asking for my wife and asked that she come in. We took the oat and he went ahead and verified everything in the folder asking us questions like where we live, when we married and current taxes. He then said that he has approved the I 751 and will then proceed to conduct the n400 . He asked me questionsΒ 

1 name two national holidaysΒ 

2 who is in charge of the executive branchΒ 

3 who becomes the president when the the president can no longer governΒ 

4 name things things that only the federal government can doΒ 

he asked a couple of others that I can’t remember. He went on to verify all my document. I did not put a speeding ticket from before and Β mentioned it to him. He added it and said thanks for being honest about it. He then said I was approved. He won’t be able to schedule me today for naturalization since the Omaha office does same day because he had to go in and approve the i751. But he send the oat ceremony date in the mail. It’s been a long journey and it’s great to be coming to and end. That you all who post has helped me with information I need and I hope this helps someone elseΒ 

• 2 weeks later...

Woohoo! My husband became a US citizen today, and then took care of the SS status, vitir registration, passport application etc. It has been smooth sailing since day 1, thabks to Visajourney. You guys are the best! I can't believe we're finally here!

Β 

In the ceremony today there were 425 applicants from 69 countries.

Edited by Daisy.Chain

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Its been very quiet lately on our board, no movements on anyone yet?? My waiting time keeps going up not doing went from 4 months left back to 6 months πŸ˜‘πŸ˜‘πŸ˜‘πŸ˜©πŸ˜©. I feel like South Florida Miami is the worst

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: France
Timeline
2 hours ago, highHopes said:

Its been very quiet lately on our board, no movements on anyone yet?? My waiting time keeps going up not doing went from 4 months left back to 6 months πŸ˜‘πŸ˜‘πŸ˜‘πŸ˜©πŸ˜©. I feel like South Florida Miami is the worst

If you think south Miami is bad, try Dallas TX...I still have 20 months to go 🀣🀣 I would gladly take your 3-6 months!

Β 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.