CJKylie

N-400 August 2018 Filers

915 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, Luisfmp86 said:

@NYCBoy Wow we have the same submission date August 30th, and the same estimated completion time. It would be interesting to see when we get our interviews!... Hopefully soon!

That depends on our local office.  Where you from?

I’m in NYC, my estimated case completion time is also in June 2019. 

My estimate wait time was 0 days on this past Thursday, but then it was changed to “We are taking longer than expected...”. 

I was reading the Brooklyn, Queens and Manhattan thread on visajourney, two people there applied August 6th and 8th and just recently got their interview letters for beginning of June. I applied August 22nd, so I am hoping to get my interview letter any time soon. 

Edited by GrowingPlants
grammar

2 hours ago, GrowingPlants said:

My estimate wait time was 0 days on this past Thursday, but then it was changed to “We are taking longer than expected...”. 

I was reading the Brooklyn, Queens and Manhattan thread on visajourney, two people there applied August 6th and 8th and just recently got their interview letters for beginning of June. I applied August 22nd, so I am hoping to get my interview letter any time soon. 

That is great to hear. I’m August 30th, crossing my fingers that by mid May we can all have interview dates. I’m planning to travel abroad at the begging of August, I need a passport! :)

7 minutes ago, Luisfmp86 said:

That is great to hear. I’m August 30th, crossing my fingers that by mid May we can all have interview dates. I’m planning to travel abroad at the begging of August, I need a passport! :)

Can I ask you if you have “estimate wait time” in your case status? And when is your estimated completion date? 

I’m also planning to travel abroad, it just seems not so certain now after reading that somebody posted the info about Staten Island when it could take up to 5 months for an oath ceremony to be scheduled 😕 

I am postponing even buying plane tickets until I have the oath ceremony date...

3 hours ago, GrowingPlants said:

Exact same thing happened to me (I am a July 2018 filer).  We are taking longer than expected for the estimated wait time.  Estimated completion time showing May 2019 (clearly not happening).

I think some of the Brooklyn applicants got interviews recently as a result of them reallocating some cases to Newark, thereby freeing up Brooklyn.  

I am NYC but not Brooklyn, and still waiting...

1 hour ago, GrowingPlants said:

Can I ask you if you have “estimate wait time” in your case status? And when is your estimated completion date? 

I’m also planning to travel abroad, it just seems not so certain now after reading that somebody posted the info about Staten Island when it could take up to 5 months for an oath ceremony to be scheduled 😕 

I am postponing even buying plane tickets until I have the oath ceremony date...

I know... it’s pretty frustrating having your life on hold because of the USCIS. 

Yes I have the “we are taking longer than expected” message and my estimated completion time is June 2019 (1 month)

7 minutes ago, nyj215 said:

Exact same thing happened to me (I am a July 2018 filer).  We are taking longer than expected for the estimated wait time.  Estimated completion time showing May 2019 (clearly not happening).

I think some of the Brooklyn applicants got interviews recently as a result of them reallocating some cases to Newark, thereby freeing up Brooklyn.  

I am NYC but not Brooklyn, and still waiting...

Dang...Well, it means that my estimated completion time is bs too. 

Have you tried to call them? I’ll go google how to reach Tier2 officer and maybe I’ll call today. 

I’m in Manhattan btw.

4 minutes ago, GrowingPlants said:

Dang...Well, it means that my estimated completion time is bs too. 

Have you tried to call them? I’ll go google how to reach Tier2 officer and maybe I’ll call today. 

I’m in Manhattan btw.

Thanks!  Haven't tried to call.  Median processing time for our office is 13 months, so not close to that yet.  Psychologically when I filed in July 2018 I assumed I would not get an interview until 12 months after the filing date.  It's interesting to see some people get it quicker, but I think it's either Queens or, very recently after the reallocation last week, Brooklyn.

I had figured we were only able to call if past the longstop processing time, which for NYC is 22.5 months, but if you call today and get any info that would be cool of course!!

1 minute ago, nyj215 said:

Thanks!  Haven't tried to call.  Median processing time for our office is 13 months, so not close to that yet.  Psychologically when I filed in July 2018 I assumed I would not get an interview until 12 months after the filing date.  It's interesting to see some people get it quicker, but I think it's either Queens or, very recently after the reallocation last week, Brooklyn.

I had figured we were only able to call if past the longstop processing time, which for NYC is 22.5 months, but if you call today and get any info that would be cool of course!!

Ugh, I know about the increased processing time(( So weird, a few months ago it was showing 10 months... I have first assumed the new time doesn’t apply on us since we kinda already applied and I don’t understand how come that now we have to wait longer:-/ 

I remember I once called and was able to get the info from the regular Tier 1 officer about what cases they are working on atm. For example, I was calling November  and they told me they are currently working on cases from March. Maybe they would be able to give me this sort of info again. I’ll update if I succeed today;)

So I called but the waiting time to speak to a representative was between 25 to 30 minutes, and I don’t have a charger with me to be able to stay on the line for so long, lol. However, the automatic voice said the best time to reach them is the end of the week, so I’ll try again later. I already figured a few questions I’d like to ask the officer, so maybe it would help me to get any info. I’ll post again at the end of the week. 

1 minute ago, GrowingPlants said:

So I called but the waiting time to speak to a representative was between 25 to 30 minutes, and I don’t have a charger with me to be able to stay on the line for so long, lol. However, the automatic voice said the best time to reach them is the end of the week, so I’ll try again later. I already figured a few questions I’d like to ask the officer, so maybe it would help me to get any info. I’ll post again at the end of the week. 

I actually called last week and got a call back from a Tier 2 rep. He pretty much gave the same info as the website, the only difference is that he said I was “in line” to get an interview but couldn’t tell me how many applicants were in front on me. Please let us know if you get juicier info!

This is an open question, I was wondering if anyone had gone to their citizenship interview and owe child support I currently owe $1,200 and have been consistent with my payments for the last 4 years, I'm just a little worried because I still have that past due amount, any feedback will be greatly appreciated oh and by the way my interview is on monday may 13th in San Jose,Ca.  Thanks for reading my post 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.