1,939 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
48 minutes ago, DPP123 said:

It's not a bad idea lol.  
I wish I knew someone in Raleigh NC or Charleston SC  

You and me both! Any of our NC/SC filers who already have an interview date willing to share their address? lol 😆 

39 minutes ago, emekus94 said:

I think there was a discussion of this same thing at another forum. LOL
I don't ever remember what people decided to do. Should have paid more attention! haha

personally, it sounds like an absolute hassle remembering these addresses
Especially if the goal is citizenship and all the paperwork-- who knows what they would ask at each stage!

lol Well it’s good to know that I’m not the only one who’s thinking of ways to get over on USCIS lol I’d love to know if it actually worked 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline
On 9/2/2018 at 3:04 PM, Tilde333 said:

We are DC filers, PD July 9 and status on everything is still "Case Was Received" :(

same here! been calling USCIS the past 2 weeks. Pls do so too, cause time limit for biometrics is 30 days. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Sorry we have had biometrics on July 31, just it doesn't show anything except "Case was received"  I am calling USCIS today to try to get it expedited because we really need that EAD

NYC based - just checked status online and are at ready to schedule interview for AOS. EAD and AP still just show case received. 

July 27th notice date for original submission of documents, plus had an RFE in August (for a birth certificate that we already included). 

hopefully this is a good sign? Should i get overly excited about possibly of EAD & AP before end of November? Any insights would be appreciated. 

Thanks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Michigan aos filer here been 15 days since my status updated into " case is ready to be scheduled for an interview " about ead/ap card until now no new status 😢 getting bored in the house now huhuhu I really need to go to work before i get crazy here 😢

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

hey y'all! July filer here as well! My office is New Orleans. My status is ready to be scheduled for an interview since August 13th. Hate this waiting game (again! after all the k1 process!) Any other Louisiana filer here?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
14 hours ago, Mark_712 said:

We just got an update!! we filed on July 12th and biometrics done on August 7th!

Surprised on the speed on this. I prefer speed on the EAD oh well 🙂👍

Actually no-

Keep in mind a GC is more important that an EAD because you CAN work and travel with GC. Plus it's for 2 years, not 1
So this is wonderful news for you

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!

Edited by emekus94

On 9/5/2018 at 9:45 AM, emekus94 said:

Actually no-

Keep in mind a GC is more important that an EAD because you CAN work and travel with GC. Plus it's for 2 years, not 1
So this is wonderful news for you

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!

when checking status on the website - would the EAD/AP even update? Our would you just receive them in the mail? 

Obviously GC is best - but even w/ the interview I would imagine it takes some time to go through. 

Let me know if I have a correct understanding?

Timeline
11 minutes ago, WOG said:

when checking status on the website - would the EAD/AP even update? Our would you just receive them in the mail? 

Obviously GC is best - but even w/ the interview I would imagine it takes some time to go through. 

Let me know if I have a correct understanding?

There's no time for anything--
Most GC applications are approved within a week of interview. You get the card max 3 weeks from interview (assuming you are approved)
if they issue u an RFE at the interview, then that timeline certainly changes

for the EAD/AP - just like with anything else in immigration, nothing is guaranteed to update on website/app
If you are approved, everything will come via letter. So a letter in the mail is the sure way to know what's ur case status with immigration

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi!! 

I'm a July filer too (2nd July) my case says interview ready to be scheduled, I'm in Massachusetts will my field office be Boston? I'm hoping I hear something soon! Anyone got any experience on how long the wait might be? 

Going mad not working 😵

Edited by Jayhay

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Jayhay said:

Hi!! 

I'm a July filer too (2nd July) my case says interview ready to be scheduled, I'm in Massachusetts will my field office be Boston? I'm hoping I hear something soon! Anyone got any experience on how long the wait might be? 

Going mad not working 😵

https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-uscis-office/field-offices
Type in ur zipcode- tells you ur local office

How long everything is depends on that field office.
nothing is guranteed

On 9/5/2018 at 9:49 AM, Kels00 said:

Boston filer here : timeline. Packet delivered 12th july, acceptance text/mail 30th july, biometrics appointment 21st August. 22nd: ready to be scheduled for interview. 4th September: interview scheduled. Yay!!!

Boston filer too, and I just got an email with interview sheduled but no dates. Have you gotten the paper notice ? Does that have dates and details ? 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
50 minutes ago, Kamilps said:

Boston filer too, and I just got an email with interview sheduled but no dates. Have you gotten the paper notice ? Does that have dates and details ? 

The paper mail is not here yet but I think it will be delivered by tomorrow or Saturday assuming they sent it forth when they scheduled 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.