Sa Pa

How to voluntarily return green card?

70 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi everyone!

Please guide me.

I was married to US citizen in March 2017 in my country. My husband came back to US and sponsored me. He was nice to me in start but his family never been. I got visa in May 2018. Later on, I came to know, they people are fraud. He uses girls and give divorce to them, he was two times married in my country. Whole family is cruel, they put girls like maid at home. My parents moved last year to US also, in Nevada. 

When I came to know about my insecurity, I came to my parents. I asked my husband to give me security first and take seperate apartment for you and me as I cannot live with your parents and siblings. He started harrassing me and told me he will do fraudulent case on me. 

Right now i gonna get two years green card. And after that he can put me in fraud case. If he proves fraud, I can never come to US to my parents. I am real, I didnt do any fraud. I am masters degree holder and I can go for Ph.D anywhere.

So, if I voluntarily return my green card and go back. Will it still be prove fraud??

I asked a lawyer about voluntarily returning my card to immigration, he doesnt know about it.

Please guide me... 

Thanks!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

You can file i-407 to abandon GC voluntarily, but that doesn’t mean you will be guaranteed an entry to US later on with a visitor or immigrant visa. 

As long as the marriage was done in a good faith, your husband can’t simply convince UCSIS that you are a fraud. 

I believe the best bet is to divorce you husband (if you two have reach to the point that being together is no longer an option) and file for ROC later on with the divorce waiver. My suggestion is assuming whatever you said is true. Your husband could have more to your story.

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Moved to Effects of Major Family Changes, from ROC - As similar threads are discussed here.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

If you do decide to surrender your GC and go back to your home country, potential fraud claims will likely not be the issue, however getting a tourist visa to the US any time soon having an ex husband there and your parents - might be tough.

I don't think you should have to surrender it in the first place though. He needs substantial evidence to prove fraud on your part. I'm not sure where he would get that from.

Edit: Just as @arken already posted.. Computer not keeping up with notifications today. :)

Edited by LizM

h

Why would you want to complicate your immigration status at this perilous times. Is your husband threatening you? His he maltreating you? Did he take money from you for the purpose of green card? What made the marriage fraud? Your masters degree will not save you if you direct the attention of ICE to yourself. 

Submit the GC and live the country 

Timeline

I fear that as I didnt go to his state and live even for a day. So he can say that I am a fraud. Isnt it?? Please give me suggestion.

I read on website that to surrender green card voluntarily doesnt create problem for later on coming to USA. Is it?

I am real. I dnt want someone prove me fraud and i go back with so dis respect. Please provide me good suggestion. 

If I go back now and later on my parents sponsor me, will it be ok for me? Or I shouldnt leave US and apply for waiver after 2 years. 

If I didnt get waiver then it will prove fraud a lawyer told me. 

Kindly suggest me. 

Timeline
Just now, Jojo92122 said:

Go find a competent immigration lawyer.

I went to 2 lawyers. Paid fee. One said that if you dnt get waiver it doesnt mean you fraud. 

Other lawyer said it will prove you were a fraud to get card only. 

I fear about my future. What I do? I want my future secure. Please give suggestion. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Best to file the I407 at your local Consulate when you return.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Best to file the I407 at your local Consulate when you return.

Boiler, I can file i407 but what can be the consequences in my case. Please read my post full and suggest me. 

I didnt go to my husnand state even once. 

Timeline
35 minutes ago, Credo said:

Why would you want to complicate your immigration status at this perilous times. Is your husband threatening you? His he maltreating you? Did he take money from you for the purpose of green card? What made the marriage fraud? Your masters degree will not save you if you direct the attention of ICE to yourself. 

Submit the GC and live the country 

I fear becz I didnt go to his state and came to my parents. I told him to take seperate apartment for u and me. He threatened. 

How will I prove that I am not fraud. I have few phone recordings of him only and few documents from his ex wife proving he was cruel. 

Filed: Timeline
2 minutes ago, Sa Pa said:

I fear becz I didnt go to his state and came to my parents. I told him to take seperate apartment for u and me. He threatened. 

How will I prove that I am not fraud. I have few phone recordings of him only and few documents from his ex wife proving he was cruel. 

Be careful.  It could be a crime to record phone calls in certain states.

Him being cruel to his ex-wife has nothing to do with you.  How does this prove you didn't commit fraud?  

Edited by Jojo92122

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

How did your parents move to the US.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Jojo92122 said:

Be careful.  It could be a crime to record phone calls in certain states.

Him being cruel to his ex-wife has nothing to do with you.  How does this prove you didn't commit fraud?  

I am real and doesnt want someone prove me fraud. My situation is complex. I dnt know what to do??

If I go to him, I am sure he will harm me. I fear of him now too much...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.