1,446 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
6 minutes ago, jason58555855 said:

Thank you so much for the help! I think I will put N/A in it.  if I can not put '/' in it, I will just put NA and then write/draw '/' on it. lol

I'm also confused... Do we have to put N/A everywhere? Also to interpreter/lawyer/children parts? In every single line? 

I checked our AOS application and there we just left blank space

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
26 minutes ago, John&Maria said:

I'm also confused... Do we have to put N/A everywhere? Also to interpreter/lawyer/children parts? In every single line? 

I checked our AOS application and there we just left blank space

that's what I am doing now.   put N/A everywhere else. like the interpreter, preparer. ..

16th April'2016- Sent out the application via UPS to Chicago.
19th April'2016-NOA
22nd April'2016- Checks have been cashed.
21st May'2016- Received Biometric Appointment Letter
23rd May'2016- Successfully Walked In Biometric Appointment
6th June'2016- Request for Expedite EAD
24th June'2016- Expedite EAD case approved
27th June'2016- AP approved
14th July'2016-EAD/AP Combo card received !!!!!!!
1st Sep'2016-Interview -- approved on site
Good luck Everyone! :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

Timeline
Just now, jason58555855 said:

that's what I am doing now.   put N/A everywhere else. like the interpreter, preparer. ..

Also put N/A in every single line for all 5 children?

Timeline
11 minutes ago, John&Maria said:

Also put N/A in every single line for all 5 children?

thats what I did..

19th April'2016-NOA

Timeline
2 minutes ago, jason58555855 said:

thats what I did..

Thanks for sharing! I tried the same thing but the form with all these N/As looks so weird. I guess it's better to be safe than sorry and they won't return an application because of N/As everywhere

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline
1 hour ago, John&Maria said:

We'll also be mailing our package on July 23, GC expires on 10/20. I counted exactly 90 days before 10/20 and it's 7/22, so I believe we can submit it on 07/23, on 89th day and they will receive it on 07/25.

https://calendarhome.com/calculate/days-from-a-date

Good luck to us and everyone else on this long journey. Thanks for the link. 

AOS

April 04, 2016 - Married

June 07, 2016 - Mailed I-130, I-864, I-485, I-765, I-131

June 09, 2016 - Package received USPS (Day 0)

June 17, 2016- Checks cashed (Day 😎

June 21, 2016 -Email and text conformation (Day 12)

June 24, 2016- Hardcopy NOA received (Day 15)

July 01, 2016- Received biometrics letter appointment set for July 11 (Day 22)

July 11, 2016- Biometrics completed (Day 32)

July 26, 2016- All Case Numbers start working on USCIS Case Status Webpage (Day 47)

August 1, 2016- Case is ready to be schedule for interview (Day 53)

August 8, 2016- AOS interview letter by mail. Interview date October 18 (Day 60)

September 2, 2016- Hardcopy of Advance parole and employment authorization approval received (Day 85)

September 3, 2016- Received EAD Advance Parole combo card in the mail (Day 86)

October 18, 2016- Had interview IO said we were approved. (Day 131)

November 7, 2016- Received AOS approval letter in the mail. (Day 151)

November 10, 2016- Received Green Card in the mail. (Day 154)

ROC

July 23, 2018- ROC package sent USPS to CSC.

July 26, 2018- ROC package received at CSC.

August 11, 2018-NOA received. 

July 18, 2019 Biometrics appointment.

September 19, 2019 Received RFE.

September 23, 2019 mailed back requested information from RFE

September 26, 2019 requested information from RFE was received at CSC

October 25, 2019 received green card.

Hi fellow July filers,

We just mailed in our ROC package on 7/2 and was delivered today 7/5 at the CSC. Good luck to us all!

-rnab32

Edited by rnab32

ROC:

7/2/18 - ROC packet (I-751) sent

7/5/18 - USCIS CSC received

7/13/18 - NOA (I-797) notice date

7/17/18 - $680 check cashed

7/20/18 - NOA (I-797) received

3/11/19 - Biometrics reused

6/4/19 - Case transferred to Potomac Service Center  

10/9/19 - New Card Is Being Produced / Approved

10/11/19 - Card Was Mailed To Me

10/12/19 - Approval Notice received

10/17/19 - 10-yr Green Card received

12 hours ago, implife said:

Anybody sent their papers in yet?

We have. Mailed it on 7/2 and was delivered to CSC on 7/5.

ROC:

7/2/18 - ROC packet (I-751) sent

7/5/18 - USCIS CSC received

7/13/18 - NOA (I-797) notice date

7/17/18 - $680 check cashed

7/20/18 - NOA (I-797) received

3/11/19 - Biometrics reused

6/4/19 - Case transferred to Potomac Service Center  

10/9/19 - New Card Is Being Produced / Approved

10/11/19 - Card Was Mailed To Me

10/12/19 - Approval Notice received

10/17/19 - 10-yr Green Card received

Timeline

we are planning to file tomorrow.   does anyone know if we need to write our A number and our name on each of the supporting documents? 

19th April'2016-NOA

Sent just a few hours ago 07/09/2018 to California Service Center.....

AOS TimeLine

Adjusting from K-1 Visa

File/Sent (AOS/EAD/AP): 05/31/2016

Chicago Lock-Box Received (AOS/EAD/AP): 06/01/2016

Check Cashed: 06/09/2016

NOA1 (Email + Text x3): 06/10/2016

NOA1 Hardcopy (AOS/EAD/AP): 06/13/2016

Biometrics Letter: 06/24/2016 for 07/08/2016

Cases Appeared Online: 07/26/2016

Filed SR for EAD: 08/24/2016

SR assigned for response, Email Received and Completed - No Action Taken :( : 08/26/2016

90th Day from Received Date: 08/30/2016 - Still no approvals for AOS/EAD/AP

AOS Approved i485: 09/02/2016 - no Interview K1 Visa - Online Status never updated from finger print received

My Case Site updated showing approval for i485 AOS: 09/06/2016

Received Welcome Letter - i797 AOS approval: 09/09/2016 - filed paperwork in married name approval came in maiden - apparently USCIS saw fit to just add the name they wanted and not filed...

AOS updated to "Card Mailed to Me" no tracking number: 09/13/2016

Green Card Recieved: 09/15/2016 signed up for usps.com and never got any email/text about the delivery

ROC

I-751 - 07/09/2018

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Sent my I-751 packet on July 5th and it reached the California Service Center (PO box) today. Waiting for my notice of receipt. This is the table of contents of my package:

Table of Contents

Exhibit A:

• Original Cashier’s Check, in the amount of $ 680.00 for payment of the I-751 + Biometric fee, from our joint account

• Copy of USCIS Form I-551 front and back (‘Conditional Resident Wife’ ’s Permanent Resident Card)

• Original Form I-751 filled and signed by ‘Conditional Resident Wife’ and ‘US Citizen Husband’

• Original Form I-865 (Sponsors notice of change of address) filled and signed by ‘US Citizen Husband’  

Exhibit B:

• Copy of Certified Marriage License, showing marriage of ‘US Citizen Husband’ and ‘Conditional Resident Wife’ on March 30, 2016 in Town, US State

• Copy of the Certificate of Marriage signed and stamped by the Joint sub registrar of town (India) showing that our marriage is registered in India and an Indian wedding ceremony was performed on February 25th, 2016

• List of important dates

Exhibit C:

·       Copies of ‘Conditional Resident Wife’ ’s current driver’s license, and ‘US Citizen Husband’ ’s current driver’s license showing current home address

·       Copies of ‘Conditional Resident Wife’ ’s former driver’s license, and ‘US Citizen Husband’ ’s former driver’s license showing previous residence at xyz

·       Copies of monthly bank statements of our joint checking and savings accounts since May 2016- current, showing various financial co-mingling such as rent payments, car loan payments, insurance payments, mortgage payments etc.

·       Copies of joint use credit cards with same account numbers for ‘US Citizen Husband’  and ‘Conditional Resident Wife’  (CHASE freedom unlimited VISA xxxxx and  Southwest Rapid Rewards Visa yyyyy)

·       Copies of credit card statements for CHASE freedom unlimited VISA xxxxx and detailed yearly account summary (2017) from Feb 2017-current, with ‘US Citizen Husband’  as the account owner and ‘Conditional Resident Wife’  as the authorized user

·       Copies of credit card statements for Southwest Rapid Rewards Visa credit card yyyyy and yearly account summaries from July 2015-Nov 2017, with ‘Conditional Resident Wife’  as the account owner and ‘US Citizen Husband’  as the authorized user

Exhibit D:

• Copy of 2016 and 2017 taxes filed jointly as a married couple

• Original IRS transcripts for 2016 and 2017 taxes filed jointly as a married couple

• Copy of notice from IRS addressed to both ‘US Citizen Husband’ and ‘Conditional Resident Wife’ regarding adjusted refund due; notice date April 16, 2018

Exhibit E:

• Three original sworn affidavits from family and neighbors attesting to the genuine bonafide nature of our marriage

Exhibit F:

• Explanation 1 : of moving residence to US State and why both names are not on mortgage

• Copy of apartment lease contract listing us as joint tenants at -----, beginning December 27th, 2016

• Copy of Renter’s Utility Service Account with City, listing both ‘US Citizen Husband’ and ‘Conditional Resident Wife’ as costumers for ------

o   Note: Name for billing is listed as ‘US Citizen Husband’  so all utility bills show only his name.

·       Copy of Application for Utility Services from City  listing both ‘US Citizen Husband’ and ‘Conditional Resident Wife’ as costumers for -------

• Copy of receipt for earnest money from ‘US Citizen Husband’ and ‘Conditional Resident Wife’  towards home purchase and cashier’s check from ‘US Citizen Husband’

• Copy of house purchase and sale agreement between buyers ‘US Citizen Husband’  and ‘Conditional Resident Wife’  and seller ABC Financial

• Copies of American National homeowner’s insurance policy listing us as jointly insured under policy number 12345 for our home at ---- for periods 05/2018-05/2019 and 05/2017-05/2018

Exhibit G:

• Copy of ‘Conditional Resident Wife’ ’s Will and Testament requesting transfer of assets to ‘US Citizen Husband’  in event of her death, executed in presence of public notary

• Copy of ‘Conditional Resident Wife’ ’s Employee Benefits Report showing current joint health insurance coverage for employee (‘Conditional Resident Wife’ ) and spouse (‘US Citizen Husband’ ), and ‘US Citizen Husband’  as sole beneficiary for Basic Life insurance, Business travel accident insurance and Employee savings plan

• Copies of City of XYZ monthly utility bills showing ‘US Citizen Husband’  as responsible for paying utilities in our joint residence at ---

• Copies of Mortgage Company monthly mortgage statements showing ‘Conditional Resident Wife’  as responsible for paying home mortgage for our joint home at ----

• Copy of home plumbing bill paid by ‘US Citizen Husband’  for kitchen repair in ---. residence dated 09/11/2017

• Copy of installation receipt from PQR Energy Company for home insulation and solar attic fan purchase and installation at --- residence addressed to ‘US Citizen Husband’ and ‘Conditional Resident Wife’  dated 09/19/2017

• Copy of current  auto insurance ID card showing names of both ‘US Citizen Husband’  and ‘Conditional Resident Wife’  

• Copy of current auto insurance policy under ‘US Citizen Husband’  as policy holder and ‘Conditional Resident Wife’  as driver/operator in household

Exhibit H:

• Copies of Jewelry store receipt and appraisal dated December 2015 showing ‘US Citizen Husband’ ’s purchase of an opal and diamond ring for ‘Conditional Resident Wife’  as a Christmas present

• Copies of bills paid by ‘US Citizen Husband’  towards the repair of ‘Conditional Resident Wife’ ’s car (2005 Nissan Sentra) since fall 2014

• Copy of car title to show that the above car belongs to ‘Conditional Resident Wife’

Exhibit I:

• Copy of travel details of ‘Conditional Resident Wife’ and ‘US Citizen Husband’ ’s trip to India to meet ‘Conditional Resident Wife’’s family for the first time in February 2015

• Copy of Travel details of ‘Conditional Resident Wife’ and ‘US Citizen Husband’ ’s trip to India for their Indian wedding ceremony and celebration in February 2016

• Copy of a group plane ticket showing ‘US Citizen Husband’’s brothers and parents accompanying ‘Conditional Resident Wife’ and ‘US Citizen Husband’  to a vacation in India after the wedding celebration

• Copy of email from ‘US Citizen Husband’’s parents to extended family describing ‘US Citizen Husband’ and ‘Conditional Resident Wife’’s Indian wedding and travels in India

• Copy of travel details of ‘Conditional Resident Wife’ and ‘US Citizen Husband’ ’s trip to India to attend ‘Conditional Resident Wife’’s cousins wedding in April 2016

• Copy of travel details of ‘Conditional Resident Wife’ and ‘US Citizen Husband’ ’s trip to London and India to visit ‘Conditional Resident Wife’’s family in December 2017

Exhibit J:

·       Copy of travel details of ‘Conditional Resident Wife’ and ‘US Citizen Husband’ ’s trip to Town, US state for a vacation in April 2015

·       Copy of travel details of ‘Conditional Resident Wife’ and ‘US Citizen Husband’ ’s trip to Town, US state to attend ‘US Citizen Husband’’s cousin’s wedding in April 2015

·       Copy of travel details of ‘Conditional Resident Wife’ and ‘US Citizen Husband’ ’s trip to Town, US state to visit ‘US Citizen Husband’’s brother in July 2015

• Copy of travel details of ‘Conditional Resident Wife’’s sister’s visit to Town, US state in July 2017 to stay with ‘Conditional Resident Wife’ and ‘US Citizen Husband’  from July 26th -August 2nd 2017

• Copy of travel details of ‘Conditional Resident Wife’ and ‘US Citizen Husband’ ’s trip to Town, US state to visit ‘US Citizen Husband’’s youngest brother and his family in March 2018

• Copy of travel details of ‘Conditional Resident Wife’ and ‘US Citizen Husband’ ’s upcoming trip to Town, US state for a  family reunion in October 2018

• Copy of flight reservations for ‘US Citizen Husband’’s parents who are going to visit ‘Conditional Resident Wife’ and ‘US Citizen Husband’’s home in Town, US state in August 2018

• Copy of AirBnB reservation for a mountain cabin for ‘Conditional Resident Wife’, ‘US Citizen Husband’ and his parents for an upcoming vacation in August 2018

• Copy of 4 tickets to the ABCD Theatre show for ‘Conditional Resident Wife’, ‘US Citizen Husband’ and his parents during their upcoming visit in August 2018

Exhibit K:

• Copies of photos of us together at various vacations and events with family and friends throughout the years

Exhibit L:

• Copies of cards and letters addressed to each other over the years

• Copies of cards and congratulatory notes from friends and family addressed to us

• Original card from our realtor, congratulating us on our 1-year home purchase anniversary

03/30/16-Married (L)

2 yrs later....

Removal of Conditions :I-751 arrived at CA Service center on July 9th, 2018

Received NOA I-797: July 23rd 2018 ( Extends the conditional residence for 18 months from Aug 30th 2018)

3 hours ago, pinbak said:

Sent just a few hours ago 07/09/2018 to California Service Center.....

Same here!

literally few hours ago. I see we have the same service center as well this should be interesting lol.

Patience Is A Virtue - [The Beneficiary]

AOS From K1:
Approved 26th of September 2016

ROC:

Approved: 16th August 2019 (July 2018 Filer)

N400

Filed online: November 25th 2019

April 27th 2021: INTERVIEW APPROVED - Officially a US citizen - the End! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Greece
Timeline

Hello!!
I am finally here! My card expires in 10 days but I JUST got my divorce finalized and my attorney suggested we wait to file until then. Technically I am still within the deadline but towards the end of it.
My story is very complicated and long but let's just say the marriage was entered in good faith and then he chose another woman... So here I am. Wish me luck as I don't have too much evidence :(

Click "spoiler" below for a detailed account of our journey to a CR1 visa via DCF in Athens, Greece.

2011 - Met hubby online and became friends
Early 2013 - Confessed our love for each other * Late 2013 - I got pregnant with our daughter
2014 - Our baby was born in Athens, Greece and completed our family. We now have two boys and a girl!! 2013 - 2015 - Looking for jobs in Greece, none were available (due to socioeconomic crisis) 2015 - Decided only way to feed our family was to immigrate and started the process December 2015 - Got married (Greece has a LOT of red tape for foreigners marrying Greeks)
January 2016 - Finished gathering all documents and getting them translated
* * DCF in Athens, Greece * *

28th January 2016 - Finally filed I-130s
29th June - ISSUED!!!!!!1st July - Visa packages and passports delivered to DHL.4th July - Visas in hand! CU in two weeks USA!!
19th July- POE Detroit. All went well!! (excluding our screaming, jet lagged toddler!!)

After Arrival in the US

September 2016 - Hubby is diagnosed with congestive heart failure
October - February 2016 - Battle with drug use, overdosing, bringing home a tiny paycheck

March - July 2017 - I am working 80 hr weeks to make ends meet. Discovered hubby's affair. Still overdoses and is hospitalized. Has quit working all together.
July - October 2017 - Marriage counseling. Revealed hubby has "several" mental conditions. Is started on several mental meds.

October 2017 - Got accepted for a college course. Got better job to help raise my kids.

October 2017 - March 2018 - Situation at home is toxic. He files for divorce.

July 2018 - Divorce is final. I have full custody of our daughter.

ROC (GC expires July 19th 2018)

July 16th - Package for ROC is delivered to the CA service center (divorce waiver).

August 30th - NOA1 received with 18 month extension (fee waiver approved).

March 28th 2019 - Biometrics

August 8th 2019 - Case Approved No RFE No Interview - 10 year GC in production

N400 (Online - Detroit, MI office)
June 6th 2023 - Applied for naturalization under 5 year rule.
June 7th 2023 - Application received/Biometric will be reused.
June 16th - Interview scheduled.
July 27th - Upcoming interview.

**Our DCF journey to an IV took 5 months and 1 day from turning in the I-130 to getting "Issued"**

event.png

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.