1,446 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, jason58555855 said:

Hi guys! I will be filing in a week as well. 

I am struggling with the Middle name part.  I do not have a middle name, so should I leave that blank or put in NA. I did read that there were fillers put in NA and it appeared on their GC later as their middle name..........

Jason, check this thread out. It looks like you should put "N/A" in the box after all, though if you are using a PDF reader to input the information you may have an issue typing "/" depending on what PDF reader you are using. I found a way round this by using Foxit Reader for inputting "N/A". See thread for details.

N400 Naturalization

Applied - 07/21/2022

NOA - 07/21/2022

Biometrics - Re-used

Interview - 11/03/2022 (Passed!)

Oath Ceremony - 11/08/2022

I did it by importance.  Showing the picture that I felt provided strongest proof of relationship first.  By coincidence this also turned out to be in oldest to newest order.

Hello fellow July-filers!

Here we are again! Does anyone know if the translation of any document we provide must be certified somehow or it can be done by any person (other than myself obviously)? 

Thanks!

People on visajourney have posted that they have had no issues translating their own documents.  Search the forums for “self translation” and you should be able to find some threads on this topic.

If you self translate you still need to create a certification letter for yourself.

Edited by wagner17

2 hours ago, minnie_mouse said:

Hello fellow July-filers!

Here we are again! Does anyone know if the translation of any document we provide must be certified somehow or it can be done by any person (other than myself obviously)? 

Thanks!

Translate yourself, add at the bottom: "I certify that I am fluent in English and Floridian and that the above is the true translation of the document entitled Grocery Shopping List". No need for "certification letter" (whatever it might be!). 
Just out of curiosity: what could anyone be possibly submitting for ROC that is NOT in English?

On 6/26/2018 at 12:58 AM, ChasUno said:

Looks like I'm the only one currently preparing to file the I-751 in July 2018. Well, at least so far!

As mentioned, I have the main I-751 completed and ready to go. What is taking the time is getting all the supporting evidence together. Over the weekend I went through three years worth of digital photos to select the best that showed us to be a married couple - with family, friends, traveling, at home during Xmas and other holidays, dinner parties in ours (and others) homes etc. Trying to narrow the selection down but still covering the three year period from marriage to the present day. I also have all our Xmas cards and birthday cards from 2017 to now.

Here's what I have prepared so far, all of these show both our names and/ or the same home address:

1. Bank Statements from our joint accounts (covering the period since we were married)

2. Health Insurance EOB (showing my name on the policy)

3. Joint car insurance

4. Email from our financial adviser arranging to meet us in 2018

5. Statement from cruise company confirming the cruise we will be going on later this year (Sept 2018).

6. House purchase addendum to our contract (showing both our names)

7. Joint tax filing statement from our accountant

8. HOA invoice

9. Flight itinerary showing joint booking for our NYC trip in July 2017

10. 2 x wedding invites (that we attended)

11. 1 x wedding thank you note

12. Copy of Green Card

13. Copy of driving licence (both me and my partner)

14. Copies of our credit and debit cards

15. Copy of car titles (showing same address)

16. Copy of marriage certificate

17. 3 x affidavits from friends 

These are not (yet) in order, it's just as I've gathered them together. Can anyone think of anything I might have missed, or might need to add?

I have a comparable list, but also adding a couple of utility bills. For taxes, I'm sending forms and transcripts.

What about life insurance?

9 minutes ago, implife said:

Translate yourself, add at the bottom: "I certify that I am fluent in English and Floridian and that the above is the true translation of the document entitled Grocery Shopping List". No need for "certification letter" (whatever it might be!). 
Just out of curiosity: what could anyone be possibly submitting for ROC that is NOT in English?

The “I certify that I am fluent in English and blah blah” would be the certification letter of the translation.  See http://www.visajourney.com/content/translations/

As for what could be submitted for ROC that is not in English, well there are people that have houses in the country of their foreign spouse.  Or maybe some documents were updated in the foreign spouse’s country after the fact to register the marriage or update family registration documents.

2 hours ago, implife said:

Thank you. We have joint property outside of the US and our marriage was also registered in my home country so we do have a few documents that ARE NOT in English. ;-)

Edited by minnie_mouse
typo

49 minutes ago, minnie_mouse said:

Thank you. We have joint property outside of the US and our marriage was also registered in my home country so we do have a few documents that ARE NOT in English. ;-)

That makes sense, but I would very much concentrate on US documents, since this is where you want to permanently reside. Just a thought.

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

I will be mailing our package on July 23. Green card expires 10/18/2018. Package weighs 4.5 lbs. Everything is ready to go even the check is ready. Waiting on July 23rd to go to the post office. 

AOS

April 04, 2016 - Married

June 07, 2016 - Mailed I-130, I-864, I-485, I-765, I-131

June 09, 2016 - Package received USPS (Day 0)

June 17, 2016- Checks cashed (Day 😎

June 21, 2016 -Email and text conformation (Day 12)

June 24, 2016- Hardcopy NOA received (Day 15)

July 01, 2016- Received biometrics letter appointment set for July 11 (Day 22)

July 11, 2016- Biometrics completed (Day 32)

July 26, 2016- All Case Numbers start working on USCIS Case Status Webpage (Day 47)

August 1, 2016- Case is ready to be schedule for interview (Day 53)

August 8, 2016- AOS interview letter by mail. Interview date October 18 (Day 60)

September 2, 2016- Hardcopy of Advance parole and employment authorization approval received (Day 85)

September 3, 2016- Received EAD Advance Parole combo card in the mail (Day 86)

October 18, 2016- Had interview IO said we were approved. (Day 131)

November 7, 2016- Received AOS approval letter in the mail. (Day 151)

November 10, 2016- Received Green Card in the mail. (Day 154)

ROC

July 23, 2018- ROC package sent USPS to CSC.

July 26, 2018- ROC package received at CSC.

August 11, 2018-NOA received. 

July 18, 2019 Biometrics appointment.

September 19, 2019 Received RFE.

September 23, 2019 mailed back requested information from RFE

September 26, 2019 requested information from RFE was received at CSC

October 25, 2019 received green card.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
On 7/3/2018 at 7:57 PM, ChasUno said:

Jason, check this thread out. It looks like you should put "N/A" in the box after all, though if you are using a PDF reader to input the information you may have an issue typing "/" depending on what PDF reader you are using. I found a way round this by using Foxit Reader for inputting "N/A". See thread for details.

Thank you so much for the help! I think I will put N/A in it.  if I can not put '/' in it, I will just put NA and then write/draw '/' on it. lol

16th April'2016- Sent out the application via UPS to Chicago.
19th April'2016-NOA
22nd April'2016- Checks have been cashed.
21st May'2016- Received Biometric Appointment Letter
23rd May'2016- Successfully Walked In Biometric Appointment
6th June'2016- Request for Expedite EAD
24th June'2016- Expedite EAD case approved
27th June'2016- AP approved
14th July'2016-EAD/AP Combo card received !!!!!!!
1st Sep'2016-Interview -- approved on site
Good luck Everyone! :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
12 hours ago, whiskers222 said:

I will be mailing our package on July 23. Green card expires 10/18/2018. Package weighs 4.5 lbs. Everything is ready to go even the check is ready. Waiting on July 23rd to go to the post office. 

We'll also be mailing our package on July 23, GC expires on 10/20. I counted exactly 90 days before 10/20 and it's 7/22, so I believe we can submit it on 07/23, on 89th day and they will receive it on 07/25.

https://calendarhome.com/calculate/days-from-a-date

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.