724 posts in this topic

21 hours ago, neilsqueen said:

Hubby had his interview today and passed with 6 questions!!!!  He will be having his oath ceremony this Thursday the 25th.  Thank God this process will be finally over!!  The waiting game was so hard.  Best wishes to all who are still in the process!

Congrats! So did the IO give him his Oath letter right after his interview?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 7/23/2019 at 6:18 PM, LightDisplay said:

Congrats! So did the IO give him his Oath letter right after his interview?

Thank you!  Yes. He came out to the waiting room and then he was called to a window and they offered the first available date and we took it. Very exciting!  We go tomorrow.  I already have him set up Monday to get his passport taken care of lol!

On 7/24/2019 at 11:33 PM, neilsqueen said:

Thank you!  Yes. He came out to the waiting room and then he was called to a window and they offered the first available date and we took it. Very exciting!  We go tomorrow.  I already have him set up Monday to get his passport taken care of lol!

Thanks for the reply - I think he is the only one I have heard who was given same day approval in Baltimore. What a lucky guy!

Need help - husband's Oath Ceremony Letter was drafted and sent on USCIS website on July 22nd for an interview on July 22nd (1 hour after the notification came through). 

Obviously, there was no way he could make it to Newark (which is an hour away) when he was already at work! We sent them a message and tried to call but nobody has been helpful. What happens now that he missed the oath ceremony date?

Spoiler

CR-1 visa by Direct Consular Filing in London:

July 01, 2013 Married in Wolfeboro, NH (before returning to U.K.)

July 10, 2013 I-130 sent

July 12, 2013 Notice of Receipt (NOA1)

July 22, 2013 NOA2 approved (10 days)

August 8, 2013 Packet 3 sent but never received.

August 15, 2013 Received case number after enquiry. Booked medical and sent packet 3 forms.

August 31, 2013 Medical

Sept 18, 2013 Packet 3 forms logged into the system

Sept 24, 2013 Packet 4 received (dated September 19)

October 4, 2013 Interview *approved*

October 9, 2013 Passport received

November 12, 2013 POE Los Angeles

November 22, 2013 Social Security Number received

December 20, 2013 Green Card received.

Removal of Conditions:

September 4, 2015 I-751 sent

September 8, 2015 NOA

October 8, 2015 Biometrics

April 22, 2016 Approved

N-400 Naturalization Application:

July 5, 2018 N-400 filed (online)

July 7, 2018 Biometrics appointment letter mailed

July 23, 2018 Biometrics Appointment

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
On 7/31/2019 at 9:07 AM, Dbkrantz said:

Need help - husband's Oath Ceremony Letter was drafted and sent on USCIS website on July 22nd for an interview on July 22nd (1 hour after the notification came through). 

Obviously, there was no way he could make it to Newark (which is an hour away) when he was already at work! We sent them a message and tried to call but nobody has been helpful. What happens now that he missed the oath ceremony date?

Part of the ceremony involves the USCIS official asking the judge for permission to reschedule the ceremony for the people that didn't show up so it should be automatically rescheduled the first time you miss it. If you miss it twice there might be bigger issues.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 7/26/2019 at 6:01 PM, LightDisplay said:

Thanks for the reply - I think he is the only one I have heard who was given same day approval in Baltimore. What a lucky guy!

Oh wow really? Hope he is the first of many to come that get immediate approvals!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
3 hours ago, Jc2149 said:

Did my biometric on 8/19/19

Estimated case completion March 2020

Estimated wait time 6 months (guess waiting 6 months to get an interview)

Fairfax, VA

History of actions attached. 

F7D65410-E9F5-417E-838A-3476985F502F.jpeg

Hello, jc2149,

This thread is for Applications filed on July 2018 😉

Try to find the thread for N-400 July 2019 to share your progress with people from your same month/year 😄

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi everyone! 

I had my interview today in the San Fernando Office and passed!

Since my I-751 was still pending, I had the two interviews together - good thing my husband was with me or they'd have to reschedule it. 

I didn't know the office opened so early, by 08:20am I was out of there. Now I'll wait to hear about the Oath Ceremony. Can't wait for this to be finally over! :)

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I did my oath yesterday in LA Convention Center. I applied for passport today. Took 13 months total from submitting application to oath ceremony.

Packet received Feb 10, 2015

Biometrics March 4, 2015

Ready for interview March 10, 2015

I765 EAD approved April 18, 2015

EAD received in mail April 27, 2015

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline
On 7/26/2019 at 5:59 PM, LightDisplay said:

Did you pass your interview? Was your application approved? If yes, Was your oath scheduled notice given to you  immediately or did you have to wait? :)

Sorry for the long delay, hopefully you're well past this stage! Yes he passed interview. There were a couple items to update on his form. He was given a oath date that day.

I-751

NOA8/11/17

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.